lotr army

Delve into the world of Middle Earth and discuss tactics, strategies, and anything you want about the Lord of the Rings Battle Strategy Game.
MiniWarGaming Veteran

lotr army

Postby wowbagger » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:42 pm

I have a few lotr miniatures around since that is what got me into teh hobby (tough i didnt paly them that much). What i wanted to build is a warriors of the last alliance army and later on a mordor force to put on the other side of the table. I have the rulebook from the MoM set and the Forces of ME book and also the gondor in flames book. Now the last two are kind of obsolete with teh new realeses (right?) so i was wonderign what i should buy next (apart from the free peoples book).

I have:
A box of WOTLA, isildur, elrond, Elendil, 3 high elf spearmen, elf command blister, gilgalad (tough his spear is broken).

on the evil side i have:
a few starter goblins (tough i dont think they are themed so i wont be using them i guess), 1 box of morannon orcs, cave troll from the mom set, about 4 ringwraiths on foot.

For the good side. what should i buy next to get to a nice point level (think 600 is a bit standard for a smaller game right?). i guess another box of WOTLA but what els? what hero would be good for such a smaller points level? Any ideas for a working list? It doesnt have to be very competetive but fun and themed workable :-)

Thanks for the help!
"Those goals are for children" - Matt

Check out my Tyranid or Necron w.i.p.

Sanchez Storm
MiniWarGaming Regular

Re: lotr army

Postby Sanchez Storm » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:44 pm

You have a lot of good heroes. My advice would be to get another box of WOTLA then get another elf spear package, if you wanted to get something else then go for the numenorian spear blister pack
Lotr sbg : Easterlings 650ish points
Dwarves 700ish points

Return to “Lord of the Rings”