Bad trades and wrong deals...

Use this forum to list your miniatures that you want to sell, or to list something you are looking to buy.
Forum rules
We actively support those with excess hobby spare bitz to trade them with their friends on this site. Once you have listed and agreed swaps, please continue the trade within PM's or email. We do not support sales of your spares though. We do not take any responsibility for any trade that goes wrong.
Greywolf
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #1Group Build Badge #2Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Bad trades and wrong deals...

Post by Greywolf » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:09 pm

If you have a bad experience in a trade, remember, MWG does not except any responsibility for lost, damaged, stolen, or any other negative outcome to your deals. You deal here at your own risk.

That being said, you should take the time to consider all deals carefully. While not a sure fire way to be 100% sure, check the users post count. If they have less than 100 posts, then they are fairly new to the community and have not been here very long to gauge whether they are safe to trade with or not. As this is not a trade/sale specific site, this is one of the only means of checking the user out which is available to us.

I also advise you to take precautions which are used on most major trading and sales websites. Things such as user with the lower post count/rating ships first, money transactions are handled through paypal, etc.

If you have a problem with a member, please inform a moderator of the issue and the circumstances. We will try to contact the other party and get the issue resolved. If the issue can not be satisfactorily resolved, administrative action may be issued in the form of adding the member to the bad traders list, up to banning from the community.

This is a member friendly website and we will take adverse action against our members very seriously.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me via pm.

Greywolf :twisted:
https://www.facebook.com/gearsandgutsgamingclub
Gears and Guts Gaming Club
Gaming in Sanford, NC

A Luna
Gold Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Re: Bad trades and wrong deals...

Post by A Luna » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:33 pm

I've said it before and so does Greywolf in the post above me;

WATCH THE POST COUNT!

It's actually the only hold-on you have on someone from this forum. If he has a low post count, don't trade, you never know what happens. He's able to leave the forum behidn easy while a member with 400+ posts won't leave this forum quickly.

Also check for activity (last active) and his posts (helpful posts, how much time apart, etc).

And with the power of evil invested by me and made up by me, I just...

*bumped*

... this topic.
Smile!
Tomorrow's going to be worse

Me: "was eating cake whilst drinking. was good"
Jackmrnorris: "This man is close to nirvana. It is known."

CMON Gallery
Youtube