Arnathos's's's WIP Thread

Post your painting WIPs here!
Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Arnathos's's's WIP Thread

Post by Arnathos » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:55 am

Some of the images from this thread are missing. Due to policy changes at imageshack I will have to re-upload a lot of stuff. From page 20 or so onward I switched to photobucket and these images are still up. I will re-upload the missing images to this post when I have the time.

Ok, so I promised myself to not make a WIP thread about my 40k stuff until I got a decent amount of models that could possibly make a semblance of an army. As it is however, all I have is Dark Vengeance and maybe, later on, some guardsmen to improve upon.

Like so many others with the new 6th edition starter set I got my hands on the chaos part of it and I decided to start a Word Bearers army(original, I know, but hear me out!). I've been wanting to start a Word Bearer army since I got my hands on the good old 3.5 edition CSM codex. My friends at the time said that I shouldn't, as word bearers 'suck' and in all honesty, nothing really compared to the Cheese Warriors, or Iron Cheese.

But now being an adult, capable of making my own decisions I decided to just go for it, not just for the fluff, but because I really like their colour scheme.

But enough text, pics!

My autogun cultists:

My CC cultists:

and my personal favorite from the CC cultists, my custom flamer guy, made from the heavy stubber, IG flamer bits and part of a necron gauss cannon(the ones regular destroyers have, or used to have ca 2003). I thought it looked pretty boss, though I could have smoothend it a bit more before painting, but meh!

My Chosen:

Then the guy with the power axe, I'm going to try to give power weapons and such blue glows, and if they have a big enough surface, lightning like this guys axe, as it makes them stand out.

Then my most recent addition:

Back side:

The cute little mouth in his power fist, painted to look like a potential flame thrower thingy:

The models are painted to my current 'tabletop standard' which is pretty much painting stuff to the best of my ability, within a reasonable time frame. You may have also noticed the glaring lack of basing, I've never tried basing, so I'm not really comfortable with it. Any tips/comments/critiques/links to tutorials/mild trolls are welcome!

EDIT: Almost forgot, a pic of the whole bunch together:
Last edited by Arnathos on Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:30 am, edited 6 times in total.
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Arnathos
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Arnathos's's's 40k WIP Thread

Post by Arnathos » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:26 pm

So got the Lord done:

So I'm not too happy about the way his sword turned out, I might have to do that again at some point, maybe a standard lightning pattern would have suited the sword better than trying to fit the detail, at least it will look good at a distance.

Overall I'd say he turned out pretty ok, I may have to touch up some stuff, but suggestions and critiques are welcome!
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
WHFB:

Arnathos

Post by Arnathos » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:35 am

So yeah, I got my chosen done about a week ago, here is some pics, plus a snapshot of my first ever MotM entry:

enjoy!
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
WHFB:

Arnathos

Post by Arnathos » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:32 am

So my attempt at converting a hellbrute:

The close combat arm is a bit busy, but meh, I'll roll with it, it should look better with some paint slapped onto it.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
WHFB:

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:00 pm

O_O Wow, looking good so far.
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Dark Crescent
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryParticipated in King of the Hill

Post by Dark Crescent » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:44 pm

Looks Great dude

Arnathos

Post by Arnathos » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:01 am

Thanks for the comments! :D

Right, I got the thing pretty much done, it still needs a bit of a boltgun metal drybrush over the black parts, but its pretty much done, let me know if you spot any mistakes:

So the Spike/arm/tongue thing that was in the horrors' mouth fell off during assembly, I decided to leave it off as I kind of love the gaping hole of energy thing it created, but overall I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. The base still needs doing though.
Last edited by Arnathos on Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
WHFB:

Arnathos

Post by Arnathos » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:36 am

One last update on the hellbrute, but first credit where credit is due, Dark Cresent, I can't thank you enough for the tutorial, I'm going to use it to make my chaos force go from looking butts, to looking pretty sweet/awesome.

I really love the ice planet base, and the way it contrasts with the dark red and orangy colours of the model itself, now to do the rest of my army!

I also went for the Ice Planet thing as a sort of psychological warfare, living in northern Finland, winters are friggin' cold, and hopefully the ice bases will send a chill down the spine of potential opponents!
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
WHFB:

Blademeister
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Blademeister » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:32 pm

that Hellbrute is... well Brutal! Very nice
Check out my WIP thread!

Space Marines - 7000 points
Sanguinary Guard - 1750 points
Necrons - 1500 points
Imperial Guard - 2000 points
Bretonnia - 4000 points
High Elves - 3500 points

Arnathos

Post by Arnathos » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:05 am

Thanks! I'm really glad with the way it turned out, I hope my future conversions are even half as awesome!

So its been quiet on here for a while as I ran out of stuff to paint, but the holidays have been generous:

I've already started on the raptors, they will have a LC champ, 2 melta's and a chaos icon modeled onto them, I'm still painting them and they are a good week away from being done if I can just apply myself.

I'm waiting with the rest a bit as I'm going to get a northern wastes basing kit from the local store and give ice planet bases, similar to the hellbrute in style to the rest of my army, I've had armies with bare black bases for a good 10 years now, but no more!
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
WHFB:

Stanfar
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Stanfar » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:45 am

And my mahreens are ready to kill some more traitors! :D
Game scores 2016
40k 4/0/8
Fantasy 3/0/1

Let's have a fun games or die in cheese! :D

Arnathos

Post by Arnathos » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:17 pm

Whelp, time for another update, I've been very busy lately, but also very lazy in uploading pictuars. Without further ado I present to you the past 2 weeks of work:

First ever Rhino:

It actually has a nicely detailed inside as well, but its impossible to get a picture of it due to it being ''dark in dere''. I know, no weathering and such, but I don't care much for it, weathering that is. I'm still new at freehand so excuse the crappy looking Latros Sacrum(fiery daemon head thingy). The highlights don't really show too well on the picture sadly, all the edges have been highlighted, another highlight might be a good idea.

Raptors!

The first time I've actually based an entire unit, I will be doing the bases of my models that are already painted in a similar manner. The squad is made to be pretty much WYSIWYG, I have become sort of obsessive about that, I just can't really bring myself to proxying anymore, even minor things that are allowed like WFB magic weapons are becoming an issue :shock:

But I like how this unit looks, not my best work ever, but definitely table top quality.

My next project will be 14(15 but 1 is done already for MotM) converted cultists. I've ran out of glue atm so I can't do their bases, but I have managed to convert them up and I'm happy with the result, but I don't have pics of them, except for the one that is finished as a mini of the month entry.

I also managed to get a 3rd rhino by selling off my old chaos stuff to Stanfar, a win-win situation that.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
WHFB:

Corathan
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Corathan » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:39 pm

Loving the raptors
Blood Angels: 2500
Traitor Guard/Daemons: 1850
Eldar: 4860
Black Templars: 2250
Wood Elves: 3750

Arnathos

Post by Arnathos » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:17 am

Thanks! The Raptors took forever to paint, started them before christmas(although I was out of the country for 2 weeks!) and finished them last week, I like how they turn out. I also love how they have talons, because Raptors have talons.

So for the next part of my CSM project I did something not scheduled at all. Due to the theme of ''Mini of the Month'' I made a custom cultist guy as it would sort of fit the entry, but I went into a conversion craze and ended up with 14 more cultists, armed with a mix of 'autopistols' and close combat weapons, 'autoguns' and flamers. there is a bit too many to take individual pictuars, but anyway:

Personally I love em, I've already got them primed, and I'm hoping to have them all painted before the end of the week, but that might be pushing it.
Last edited by Arnathos on Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
WHFB:

painterofpaint
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by painterofpaint » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:11 pm

I love your raptors and hellbrute :O, also your cultists look good.
English isn't my mother language.
3000+ points of Chaos Space Marines.
Impurity shall be our armour, Hate shall be our weapon, Immortality shall be our reward!