ArqArturo's Warmachine/W40k/D&D Miniatures WIP

Post your painting WIPs here!
ArqArturo
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

ArqArturo's Warmachine/W40k/D&D Miniatures WIP

Post by ArqArturo » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:58 pm

Well, it has come to this.

After a long while of having a bit of a break, I've decided to expand my Khador Army just a bit further. Menoth will not get some love until I can get the Choir, Blessing of Vengeance, and a few other goodies, but that will not come up until I can hop the border or the store provider gets some more Warmachine goodness.

Either way, (Already building up the thread, but the actual painting will start later on this week), I've decided to go against all judgement and go with some goodness...

I'll illustrate both in song, and photo (photo taken from the internet).

I still need to get Kovnik Joe, but I already got a color scheme in mind, which is slightly more green than the PP winter guard. Also, less red.

Also, I got a manhuntress but haven't painted her yet. Gonna start doing that in a while.
Last edited by ArqArturo on Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
“In fighting and in everyday life you should be determined though calm. Meet the situation without tenseness yet not recklessly, your spirit settled yet unbiased...” Miyamoto Musashi

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: ArqArturo's Warmachine WIP

Post by Oceangrave0 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:38 pm

Good to see you starting one of these mate, we shall paint khador together on this forum!
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

ArqArturo

Post by ArqArturo » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:25 pm

Heh, thanks. Just primed the Manhuntress, and I'll paint it later in the night.
“In fighting and in everyday life you should be determined though calm. Meet the situation without tenseness yet not recklessly, your spirit settled yet unbiased...” Miyamoto Musashi

ArqArturo

Post by ArqArturo » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:35 pm

Manhuntress done! No matter how many times I use them, I never stop getting amazed by how well P3 behaves, but, there is one problem... I can't paint eyes for :evil: .

By the end of the week I'll go with the Winter Guard, and maybe some Dust Tactics minis (this will be interesting, because there's a good chance I get a walker, and it'll be the first time I paint a vehicle. BTW, I have no airbrush, and right now I can't afford one :s ).

easycompany
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by easycompany » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:09 am

Finally a Warmachine WIP! :D
Can't wait to see more cause I'm planning on ordering the two player battle box this weekend
Curahee!

ArqArturo

Post by ArqArturo » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:41 am

You hear that thunderous lockstep?

Ok, maybe it's more like the shuffling of several angry feet.

I just got a little bit of windfall and got me some guardsmen. Winter Guard, that is :p. I'm extremely tired today to paint or even prime them, and I have to wake up early tomorrow for work, so I only did the bases.

Oceangrave0
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:02 pm

Sexy looking dudes, cant wait to see em done
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

ArqArturo

Post by ArqArturo » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:37 pm

Eh, not sexy enough, since it's just the bases :p . But, I will prime them, once I'm off from work.

ArqArturo

Post by ArqArturo » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:21 am

Winter Guard (And UA) almost done. I just need to finish painting two, and then the bases. Maybe add a sandbox or two in a few of them.

EDIT: While the sandbags in of the few Guardsmen dry (green stuff), I started to paint one Dust Tactics zombie. Supposebly the DT minis are pre-primed, but the bad thing is that they're made of toy-grade plastic and are stuck to the base. The neat thing is that they have a lot of detail.

ArqArturo

Post by ArqArturo » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:48 pm

After much deliberation, I decided to not add sandbags to the winter guard, because of the space in the bases. However, I did drybrush the bases, finished painting the other zombies, and then got out to get me a kebab for dinner :p.

I'll post some pictures as soon as 1.- the camera's battery is charged and 2.- Return from the Return to Ravnica prerelease.

ArqArturo

Post by ArqArturo » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:39 pm

Sorry for the delay, got a really bad headache returning from the store, and had to sleep it off, plus work. Without further ado, here's the Winter Guard.

Warning, it's pic heavy.

I started working on highlights on the clothes, and while it seems a bit subtle, I really love how they ended out (I'd maybe rework on the UA officer, mostly because she seems a bit grainy).

The Dust Tactics zombies are also done. Most of the work was applying washes and drybrushing, and the end result was interesting. I didn't do the bases because the guy that asked me to paint them told me not to.

Oceangrave0

Post by Oceangrave0 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:03 am

zombies everywhere!!! I love it :D then again, my main army was cryx... yah... good show
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

ArqArturo

Post by ArqArturo » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:27 am

Whadd'ya mean was? Is the Motherland your main these days?.

I gotta admit, it was loads of fun to paint the zombies. Mostly because it was the first time I used nothing but washed and drybrushing, and I'm pleased how they turned out. Hopefully I get to paint the walker.

Now all I want to upgrade my Menoth Army. Then again, nobody told my my shelf space would reduce that much XD.

Oceangrave0

Post by Oceangrave0 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:33 am

ArqArturo wrote:Whadd'ya mean was? Is the Motherland your main these days?.

I gotta admit, it was loads of fun to paint the zombies. Mostly because it was the first time I used nothing but washed and drybrushing, and I'm pleased how they turned out. Hopefully I get to paint the walker.

Now all I want to upgrade my Menoth Army. Then again, nobody told my my shelf space would reduce that much XD.
Ret and Cryx are kinda battling for my affections these days xD and u have NO IDEA! I only have 2 little shelves on my desk uve seen how many models I got just sitting here, my Warmachine alone weighs 23 pounds in its case
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

ArqArturo

Post by ArqArturo » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:21 pm

Well, because I need to get to upgrade my Menite Army, I'll probably get me a Templar to build, and quite possibly a Vassal, too, to get more aggressive buffs for my army.

Also, I haven't got a word on the Dust Tactics light walker (I just call it light walker because it has two configurations, for all I know). But, because I also need some goodies to paint and assemble properly, I need to get some white primer and a pinning kit