SpartanMyth's Word Bearers WIP

Post your painting WIPs here!
SpartanMyth
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting Pledges

SpartanMyth's Word Bearers WIP

Post by SpartanMyth » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:56 am

Since I have decided to start a Word Bearers force I have got my Lord and I know I will need some motivation to paint models at the moment so I have started this to give me motivation and a drive to paint.

Here is the Lord of my force, Kor Ghazar

I have done a little more work on him since these pics were taken and I hope to finish him in the next day or so
My WIP. Please comment as they help my motivation :) http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 26&t=77583

6th Edition tally
Orks: Win 11 Loss 1 Draw 0

Chaos Space Marines: Win 13 Loss 4 Draw 0

SpartanMyth
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting Pledges

Re: SpartanMyth's Word Bearers WIP

Post by SpartanMyth » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:42 pm

Sorry for picture quality
My WIP. Please comment as they help my motivation :) http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 26&t=77583

6th Edition tally

Okie40k
First post! Good job, now post more...

Post by Okie40k » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:02 am

Besides the picture quality he looks great so far. I've always like the word bearer fluff, this may be the wrong place to ask but how would you play Word Bearers are they regular CSM or something different?

SpartanMyth

Post by SpartanMyth » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:09 am

I want to play them as close to the Word Bearers fluff as possible that means I don't get tabled after two turns. I may wait until the new codex before playing them but it depeds. I will want to use things such as possessed, terminators, maybe cult troops but in keeping with the fluff i will limit these troops and I do want cultists as they fit the fluff so much. The rumoured Dark Apostle is very tempting even if he is basically a chaos version a a chaplin I will still field one as they are the leaders of a Word Bearers War Host.

Depending on the new codex I may just use marks as fluff wise Apostles turn a blind eye if a squad focusses on one god more than the rest if there is a benefit to it. I am making fluff for my war host and I may post it.

I will get m ore pics today as I have nearly finished tthe loed just a spot here and there left to do.

6th Edition tally

SpartanMyth

Post by SpartanMyth » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:20 pm

Will post finished lord pic and when the possessed rrive I will show their WIP as well :)

6th Edition tally

Switchblade
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Switchblade » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:48 pm

Looking great so far! I would suggest a third color, purely as an accent, maybe a light green, would contrast well with the red, would break up the red/metal bits. I personally would use it sparingly, possibly on the horns and loincloth. Keep posting up pics!
"I find myself reaching for that giant underbed box of Legos from when I was still a kid for bits." - Switchblade
"Switchblade, you are my hero." - eNi

Check out my Painting Services
http://tinyurl.com/b38xlnp

SpartanMyth

Post by SpartanMyth » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:53 pm

I have used green on the jewel on the leg with the daemonic face on it to help break up the colours and I have used about four or five colours on the axe cabling.

6th Edition tally

SpartanMyth

Post by SpartanMyth » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:04 pm

Hey guys I wwas at Warhammer World last Friday and I decided to treat myself to something special for my word bearers force which turned out to be the FW dred as well as a decimator engine. I will be building themover the net day or so and I will post them here onc they are built and painted. I had one miscast on the pair of the on the weapon arm where it was too thin and the detail ame off but greenstuff skin parchment can sort that out. For the Dark Gods!

6th Edition tally

SpartanMyth

Post by SpartanMyth » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:41 am

Here is my Decimator engine before I have cleaned it uo and I will build it later as it is drying off now and here is my Word Bearers Dread which will have autocannon and CC arms unfortunately when I was at Warhammer World the chainfist was not in stock so I wont get that for a few days. A little greenstuff was needed for the odd small bubble but apart from that a breeze to build.

The dicmator is going to be tricky as one of the weapon arms is a bit of a miscast but the main parts of it are fine I will just need to use greenstuff to fix it up.

6th Edition tally

SpartanMyth

Post by SpartanMyth » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:33 am

Here is my build Decimator and I was surprised how easily it came together as a lot of the joints that weight bear look like they shouldn't but they hold together very well. The greestuff is to fix a miscast which is a shame as it was a awesome daemonic face that was affected but to fit my Word Bearers I have done skin parchment over it. Last pic is a size comparison to the FW Word Bearer Dread which is about the same size to a normal dread. I suspect it is possible to make the Decimator stand taller but I didn't want to risk it.

6th Edition tally

A Luna
Gold Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by A Luna » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:38 am

Dat engine.

Awesome, paint it paint it paint it!
Smile!
Tomorrow's going to be worse

Me: "was eating cake whilst drinking. was good"
Jackmrnorris: "This man is close to nirvana. It is known."

CMON Gallery
Youtube

SpartanMyth

Post by SpartanMyth » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:41 am

A Luna wrote:Dat engine.

Awesome, paint it paint it paint it!
Unfortunately I left all my paints at home and I don't get back from my grandfather's until Monday :( Though I shall make it a top priority to paint it ASAP for you Luna ;)

6th Edition tally

A Luna
Gold Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by A Luna » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:56 am

Good. you did well putting me as top priority :mrgreen:
Smile!
Tomorrow's going to be worse

Me: "was eating cake whilst drinking. was good"
Jackmrnorris: "This man is close to nirvana. It is known."

CMON Gallery
Youtube

SpartanMyth

Post by SpartanMyth » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:42 am

What to paint second may be hard as I have some normal CSM and zerkers arriving this week as well as the gorgeous dread. So difficult when you have several great things to paint, at least the paint scheme doesnt take long to reach table top standard

6th Edition tally

SpartanMyth

Post by SpartanMyth » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:05 pm

Here is the finished Lord. Sorry for pic quality, it is night time here and my camera doesn't like me at the best of times :P.

6th Edition tally