It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: OUTDATED easycompany WIP
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:44 pm 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
Well lots of people seem to be making these so might as well give one a go it'll also provide some motivation for painting :)
I started collecting Tyranids in November and this collection has slowly grown into a 450 point force. I wanted to paint them as Hive Fleet Leviathan and followed the tutorial from GW's website, however this article was removed leaving me with a few models partially painted. I tried to find another scheme that I liked and
Korsarro-Khan provided me with a nice Hive Fleet Kraken scheme. So here I will post my progress on collecting, assembling, painting and gaming with my swarm.
Quick noobish question, how do I post pictures on the fourm?

CHECK OUT MY NEW WIP HERE viewtopic.php?f=26&t=83319

Last edited by easycompany on Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:35 pm, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:34 pm 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
Make a photobucket, flickr, or similar account (I prefer photobucket)

Upload images

After they're uploaded, go to your album and mouse over the one you want to post, look for the option with the [IMG] tags, and copy paste it.

I love you every time one of these threads show up. -Jason
I submit! /cower -Mike Nixon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:42 am 

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
Thanks will have some pictures up soon.
So at the moment I have...

Carnifex (proxying as a Tervigon)
12 Termagants (to spawn)
24 Hormagaunts
3 Tyranid Warriors
2 Ripper Swarm Bases

So all of this is unpainted. I dropped into my local GW and picked up some paints as well as a Hive Guard. Once this is assembled it will bring my army up to 500 points.
So my plan for the day is to start a couple of test models for my new Kraken scheme.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:18 am 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

lookin forward to seeing some pics

My WIP http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=70250

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:29 am 

Have just washed the seraphim sepia over bleached bone and it looks unreal! Waiting for the wash to dry before moving onto the carapace

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:20 am 

Finished my Hive Guard
Brings my army up 500 points just in time to have a game during the week. My army list will be something like this
HQ
Tervigon: toxin sacs, catalyst ...185

Elites
Hive Guard: ...50

Troops
3 Tyranid Warriors: deathspitters, barbed strangler ...110
19 Hormagaunts: toxin sacs ...152

Total: 497

Time for another noobish question! :D How do I put a link for my WIP in my signature? Oh and Khan, I'll have pictures up when I get my new computer sorted

014 by easycompany506th, on Flickr

013 by easycompany506th, on Flickr

Last edited by easycompany on Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:47 am 
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Click the topic title.
Copy URL.
Add it to Sig, which I assume you know how to do.

Can't wait to see some pics!
I'm curious about your list, it's heavy in shooting, only has one assault unit (a large one though), and a MC in a 500 point list. Be sure to tell us how effective your army is! :D

WIP: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=66534

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:18 pm 

Sadly I wasn't able to play a game as I didn't have enough time however I picked up a box of Genestealers and another Hive Guard. My army's growing swiftly to 700 points. I'm going away for a week on Wednesday so I might be able to slip into GW for a game tomorrow but I doubt it. Finished painting 12 hormagaunts (except small details such as the eyes and teeth as I don't have the paints) and am halfway through assembling a box of Genestealers. Sorry there's still no pictures. Soon, I promise

010 by easycompany506th, on Flickr

003 by easycompany506th, on Flickr

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:41 pm 

And finally it's... PICTURE TIME!!! :D
I've edited previous posts adding pictures. So I have 19 Hormagaunts painted and 8 Genestealers assembled. I've run out of white primer so have put the project on hold until I pick up some more. Is army painter any good?

004 by easycompany506th, on Flickr

005 by easycompany506th, on Flickr

011 by easycompany506th, on Flickr

Now for some close-ups...

006 by easycompany506th, on Flickr

008 by easycompany506th, on Flickr

I also got into Games Workshop today and played a 650 point game against an infantry heavy Imperial Guard army. My Tervigon was spawning well and the spawned Termagants acted well as a meat shield for my large brood of Hormagaunts and they even killed half a unit of Guardsmen with their Flesborers. My Hormagaunts performance was disappointing. A mix of bad rolls for charging and me forgetting that fleet allowed you to re-roll these dice meant I didn't make it into combat until turn 4 and even in combat their performance was poor. Seeing as there were no tanks to shoot at, my Hive Guard took some pot shots at the Company Command Squad knocking out half their number. My Tyranid Warriors performed poorly. My Barbed Strangler was knocked out early leaving the others well out of range. They then tried to get closer but were knocked out. My Genestealers outflanked in Turn 2 and as I forgot they couldn't assault they were mowed down the next turn In the end I lost with an awful killpoint tally of 7-0. A mix of bad luck and many tactical mistakes left me with half of enemy squads left alive on one flank and the other flank was barely touched. My army acts too much as one block meaning his accidental split deployment left one side completely intact. Anyway it was only my first game ;)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:25 am 

Made some progress over the last few days. Painted 2 more hormagaunts and 2 more Termagants. 4 more Termagants are about half way done. Hoping to finally getting around to buying a spray soon so painting should pick up from then

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:29 am 

Sorry thought bumping meant deleting. Anyone know how to delete a thread?