It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:08 am 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
Well, this is mostly going to be my Tyranids and Eldar, a mixture of conversion pictures and painting. Since this is the first post here, I'm going to post what I'm currently working on and we'll go from there. I would also like to note that I had a very old WIP thread, however it was lost as I had a hiatus from painting/converting my Tyranids after a tournament. Hopefully my picture sizing is less grotesque this time around.

This is a full roster of models that I will be working on over time.
Completed sets are in green.
Primed and ready to go sets are in blue.

Eldar

HQ

Eldrad
Yriel
Asurmen
Jain Zar
Baharroth
Fuegan
Maugan Ra
9x Farseers
2x Autarchs
1x Farseer on Jetbike
1x Autarch on Jetbike
14x Warlocks
9x Warlocks on Jetbike

Troop

20x Dire Avengers
15x Rangers
60x Guardians
6x Heavy Weapon Platforms

8x Wave Serpents

Elite

14x Fire Dragons
14x Wraithguard
11x Howling Banshees
15x Harlequins

11x Striking Scorpions

Fast Attack

6x Swooping Hawks
13x Warp Spiders
6x Vypers

Heavy Support

3x Fire Prisms
1x Night Spinner
3x Wraithlords
9x War Walkers
9x Dark Reapers

Tyranids

HQ

Hive Tyrant w/Wings
2x Tervigons
2x Tyrant Guard

Troop

60x Termagants
16x Hormagaunts
72x Genestealers
5x Ripper Swarms

2x Mycetic Spores

Elite

Doom of Malan'tai

2x Zoanthropes
6x Hive Guard
2x Lictors

Fast Attack

40x Gargoyles
6x Shrikes

Heavy Support

2x Trygons

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is a bunch of Genestealers I just got from a friend of mine. They're sitting in party cups full of Simple Green as you can see, and I'm about to scrub them down.

A closer look at the contents of one of the cups.

High Elves - 5k

Last edited by Smurfyk on Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:42 pm, edited 10 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:01 am 

Ribbons Earned: Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challengeParticipated in King of the Hill
I love those old genestealers! I use them for ymgarls mostly, cause it's easy to tell them apart at a glance.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:55 am 

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Wait.. wha? I was expecting pictures of painted stuff, Smurfyk, like thousands of pictures! YOU PROMISED! -grumbles- meanie :twisted:

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
[X---------] Painted (10%)
Eldar
[X----------] Painted (4%)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:02 am 
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

:: offers Smartah a cheer up cookie::

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:00 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
edsgotjive wrote:
I love those old genestealers! I use them for ymgarls mostly, cause it's easy to tell them apart at a glance.

I love them too. Someone sold about 31 of them to me dirt cheap because they're the 3rd ed ones, but I already had something like 20 of those so they fit in. If you wants, I can post a picture of all of them together.

Smartah wrote:
Wait.. wha? I was expecting pictures of painted stuff, Smurfyk, like thousands of pictures! YOU PROMISED! -grumbles- meanie

I promised a WIP thread. More pictures are coming.

High Elves - 5k

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:09 pm 
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

To be fair, that genestealer in the cup IS painted.

Black Templars: 5000
W-T-L: 32-8-9
Lizardmen 3500
W-T-L: 11-0-3
Necrons: 3000
W-T-L: 10-3-6
"We play by Texas Warhammer 40K rules. The only rule is to know the rules."

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:52 am 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!
How long do you soak them for?

DE: 9232pts/8420 painted llllllllll

DE WIP: viewtopic.php?f=58&t=76171
Terrain Log: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=80134

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:22 am 

nappen wrote:
How long do you soak them for?

I'll soak them for about a day. It's only really necessary for them to be in Simple Green for a couple hours, but I'll put the models in there before I go to bed, then once I get home from work the next day they're definitely ready for me to clean.

High Elves - 5k

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:55 am 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!
Thanks, I picked up some cheap models with paint jobs that were less than optimal.

DE: 9232pts/8420 painted llllllllll

DE WIP: viewtopic.php?f=58&t=76171
Terrain Log: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=80134

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:17 am 
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall

blacktemplar wrote:
To be fair, that genestealer in the cup IS painted.

not for much longer... :mrgreen:
more pics...more pics......

-BB

Red Corsair: 750 [----------] 03 - 0 - 02
Necrons: 350 [----------]
Black Templar Successors (yet to be named) : ordered ----------

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:57 pm 

Going to post some 'before' pictures of all that I have to work on in the next few months. I'm also going to update the original post to have a list of models and hopefully I can link everything forward once this WIP gets going.

High Elves - 5k

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:45 pm 

Alright, this is just a picture of my Pledge for the week which was to clean and then prime all of the secondhand Genestealers I have. I'll post better pictures later when I start painting them, but there are too many here. This also doesn't include my 23 Space Hulk Genestealers.

Forty-nine Genestealers. Sorry, but I'm not worried about the photo of them being any good until they're being painted.

High Elves - 5k

Last edited by Smurfyk on Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:37 am 

Did a little work on my Nightspinner tonight. The first photo is me playing around with the idea, then going along with it and putting some more coats on the trim. The final photo is a close up on a mostly painted panel. I have to do some touch-ups of course, but I like where it's going.

High Elves - 5k

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:48 am 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Location: having lunch in the Resteraunt At The End Of The Universe.
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
Smurfyk, your eldar list and my eldar list read almost the same, only difference i see is you have a few more rangers, 3 more wave serpents, a couple more fire dragons, wraithguard, scorpions, warp spiders, and vypers. i no longer have any wraithlord, got rid of the old metal ones i had cause i got tired of having to repin and reglue the joints, and have yet to acquire the new plastic ones. and of course i have yet to have any warwalkers.

I have like 60 harlequins though, 3 night spinners, three falcons, and 2 fire prisms. then i have my apoc stuff, out of curiosity what kind of apoc stuff do you have? I just recently got my hands on a phoenix bomber, and one of these days i'll get around to scratchbuilding a Vampire Raider.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:15 am 

I don't have any apocalypse models so far, but I'm putting together an order from ForgeWorld as soon as I'm done painting up what I have. It really isn't as much work to be done as it looks like by my list, as parts of most of those aspects are already finished. Currently I'm just working on repainting all of my Skimmers as you can tell.

I was thinking about using some of the DE Flyers and converting them into some of my own, but I haven't looked into that very much yet.

High Elves - 5k