It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Daniel's WIP
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:42 am 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Sniperfex wrote:
these Dystopian Wars mini's... are they metal?

they are mixed resin and metal. The majority of the models are resin with metal components, such as the main gun turrets on the battleships and war rotors, and the side towers on the aircraft carriers. The doncaster bombers are metal minis But as i said most of them are resin. Also most of them are one piece moldings (i.e. no assembly). This applies to the smaller models such as the tanks etc. Only the larger stuff such as the battleships require a little assembly, such as turrets and propellers.

Spartan games also do a very nice set of scenery for dystopian wars (hope to get some soon) such as bunker complexes, town buildings etc.

Also just noticed that the picture of the Dreadnought is the wrong way round. Its showing the back of the model not the front

My WIP http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=70250

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:44 am 
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Awarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!
sounds interesting these Dystopian Wars by Spartan games seems interesting

tell me more :3

I do do. The cha cha.

War Cry:
"Overly Glorified Tickle Cannons Prevail!!!"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:32 am 

heres a link to the website http://www.spartangames.co.uk/games/dystopian-wars

basically its a steampunk game set in 1870 where the world is at war, everybody seems to be fighting the British, and the Covenant of Antartica is at war with everyone, because everyone is at war with each other (when you being reading the fluff, you'll see the the Covenant in a way are the good guys)

the rulebook comes with a fluff section, setting the scene and a bit of fluff about the 4 core nations (Kingdom of Brittania, Empire of the Blazing Sun, Covenant of Antartica and Federated States of America)

havent played a game yet, but looking at the models and the rulebook i think i can safely say it will rapidly become my favourite game ever

Last edited by Korsarro-Khan on Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:36 am 
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Awarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!
Korsarro-Khan wrote:
heres a link to the website [url]http://www.spartangames.co.uk/games/dystopian-wars[/ur]

basically its a steampunk game set in 1870 where the world is at war, everybody seems to be fighting the British, and the Covenant of Antartica is at war with everyone, because everyone is at war with each other (when you being reading the fluff, you'll see the the Covenant in a way are the good guys)

the rulebook comes with a fluff section, setting the scene and a bit of fluff about the 4 core nations (Kingdom of Brittania, Empire of the Blazing Sun, Covenant of Antartica and Federated States of America)

havent played a game yet, but looking at the models and the rulebook i think i can safely say it will rapidly become my favourite game ever

woah.. sci fi

I do do. The cha cha.

War Cry:
"Overly Glorified Tickle Cannons Prevail!!!"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:13 pm 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge
Hmm, this Dystopian Wars business has piqued my interest. How big are the models? Could you post a picture with one next to a GW model?

"Tuomir, you're made of win" -ranger
"Tumor is just plain retarted. Tuomir is cooler than that" -jackmrnorris94
"Tuomir has proven his brilliance in this scenario" -The Airman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:23 am 

Tuomir wrote:
Hmm, this Dystopian Wars business has piqued my interest. How big are the models? Could you post a picture with one next to a GW model?

the scale is 1/1200, ill try and sort out a picture today with the different sized models next to a GW

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:35 am 

here are the pictures, they show the largest models of each land, sea and air (that i own, there may be one or two that are bigger in different factions etc) next to a GW space marine. I have also inlcuded pictures showing the sizes that the models can range from, from the smallest tanks to the largest battleships (again out of the models that i own).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:50 am 

update time.

Ive lost a bit of interest in Tyranids at the moment, I havent given up on them, i just want a bit of a break from painting all those nids. When i get my hands on a Dark Vengeance set (or two...or maybe three...or maybe...) i will be painting up those, may even use certain models in the set to motivate me to paint tyranids (not allow myself to paint the Librarian until i've painted x nids etc)

Since my friend has been ill most of the week, meaning i havent been playing as much Magic: The Gathering, ive managed finally finish one of my projects that i started a while back. I havent really featured it much in my WIP, mainly because i havent done anything to the project since i started this. But anyway, a while back my club decided to get into 28mm WWII, using miniatures from Warlord games and a set of rule called "I ain't been shot, Mum". I chose to do German Fallschirmjager (for those who dont know, they are German Paratroopers). Anyway, i finally finished painting up the collection yesterday, and now ive got to wait for the rest of the club to paint up theirs before we get to play. But anyway, here are the pics.

Artillery Observers

Moving MG team

Officers

Radio man and medic

Kettenkrad

LG40 10.5cm Recoiless Gun

MG42 teams

81mm Mortar

2.8cm Squeezebore Gun

Pak40 Anti-tank

So there we have it, what ive been working on this past week. Most the models had been completed ages ago, this week i painted most of the weapons teams (from the MG42 to the Pak40) and a lot of basing. All in all the models were great. Well detailed, and fun to paint. They are all metal and they came pre-assembled, i just based them on 2p coins and started painted. The weapons teams are based on laser cut MDF circles (do not know where we got them from though).

Thanks for reading

Khan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:52 pm 
Gold Vault Member

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge
Oh man.. those things are small. I thought the minis in the last pic were maybe 20-25mm. Atleast, you made them look like that size, good job.

Me: "was eating cake whilst drinking. was good"
Jackmrnorris: "This man is close to nirvana. It is known."

CMON Gallery
Youtube

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:21 am 

A Luna wrote:
Oh man.. those things are small. I thought the minis in the last pic were maybe 20-25mm. Atleast, you made them look like that size, good job.

they are 28mm

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:43 pm 

soooo excited, my local gaming store have confirmed that they have ordered the limited ed Dark Vengeance for me to pick up when i go back to uni!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:28 pm 

got my limited edtion dark vengeance today. so happy, its just a bit of ashame that im back at uni now so it might take a while for me to work on this set, but does give me time to think about how i want to paint them

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:44 pm 
Gold Vault Member

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge
just looked up that set. It was some very nice miniatures in there. Especially the chaos marines, lord and dread.

Me: "was eating cake whilst drinking. was good"
Jackmrnorris: "This man is close to nirvana. It is known."

CMON Gallery
Youtube

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:40 pm 

A Luna wrote:
just looked up that set. It was some very nice miniatures in there. Especially the chaos marines, lord and dread.

they really are some fantastic minis.

pics will be posted when i finished prepping them

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:21 pm 

ok so models are assembled, mold lines cleaned (at least the ones that were easy to spot anyway), large gaps have been liquid greenstuffed, and am currently painting deathwing termie sarge. Im hoping that i will be able to enter the october painting deathmatch using a dark vengeance mini

pics to come soon