Xand's WIP

Post your painting WIPs here!
Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Xand's WIP

Post by Oceangrave0 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:10 am

I like the idea of ressurected ultramarines to be ur havocs
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:47 am

I like them, as well.

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:34 am

Choatic Nature Titan...? O_o Why does that make me grin like a nut?
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Shirotora1979
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Shirotora1979 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:53 am

Because its a GREAT idea Lady. I see you got that sholderpad on btw Xan. I found a huge pile o bits so going to drop them off at the foundry for you.

xand
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by xand » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:22 am

Shirotora1979 wrote:Because its a GREAT idea Lady. I see you got that sholderpad on btw Xan. I found a huge pile o bits so going to drop them off at the foundry for you.
Let me know when you drop it by there, I actually got a chance to go by since I got off early today.

Speaking of which I'm about 2/3rds done with my Ultramarines now:

I picked up a giant block of Sculpey today too and am going to be starting the feet of my titan tomorrow probably...
Nature Chaos: 1039 pts

Check out my WIP here:
http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 26&t=69158

And my youtube channel here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/cauldroncra ... e=g-subs-u

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:21 am

TITAN!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Shirotora1979
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Shirotora1979 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:37 pm

I will try and make it on tuesday. Also I want to do an interview with ya for both my YT site and Miniwargamer if that is ok with you.

xand
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by xand » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:07 am

Shirotora1979 wrote:I will try and make it on tuesday. Also I want to do an interview with ya for both my YT site and Miniwargamer if that is ok with you.
I'll definitely be up there on Saturday night, other times will depend on if I get off early or not. I've started on the skeleton for the Titan and I'll try to take a picture tomorrow before work.

Check out my WIP here:

Dez
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:36 am

YES! I'm excited to see what you are coming up with.

xand
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by xand » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:43 pm

First I wanted to go ahead and post a picture from my first real game:

Sorry for the crappy cell-phone picture, but this shows my Khorne resurrects charging out of the Rhino.

Here's the skeletal leg with a comparison for the size of the warhound titan:

And the feet with the leg skeletons:

The legs will be fleshed out with additional supports before sculpting the layers of outside armor.

Check out my WIP here:

Dez

Post by Dez » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:04 pm

Looking good so far!

eNi
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by eNi » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:14 pm

Looks awesome man! Wish i could build a titan haha
My grounds. Where screams are flowers, and pain their fragrance
-Are any of these people available for questioning?
-Not unless you want to stick your head down a tyranid's throat and shout "anyone at home?"

Work In Progress

xand
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by xand » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:49 am

Thanks guys, I've been really busy at work, but I'm going to try and get as much of the legs done this weekend as possible. I've got to do the wire wrapping and put on the toes and get them all fleshed out. But anyway, here's what I got done last night; SPIKES!

Check out my WIP here:

xand
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by xand » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:34 am

The legs are basically done, found I could mix old dry sculpey with new soft stuff to get a texture that would hold up well enough to get a good and smooth texture for the armor and toes.

I don't know if I'm going to have time to finish the lower torso tonight nor not, but I'm planning on trying to get it done and then priming it tomorrow at the Foundry with the Slaanesh Warp Talons I'm doing for commission.

Check out my WIP here:

Xaz
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Xaz » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:20 am

Nice army. I really need to make it over to Huntsville more often.
Orks 5680

Necrons 3170

Space Marines 2100