It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:01 pm 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entries
@Khornate I thought of it more as a Hetzer because of the single piece hull with no apparent tower on it and the side skirt protecting the upper track section. To be honest, I was calling this a Stug before coming home and googleing it!

@DavidDraper
Thanks for the compliments man! The objective markers are the missiles from the vendetta proxies. I should have 6 (2 for each vendetta) but 2 got lost in time... Any toy missile should do it, you just cut the bottom off, open a hole and pin it to the base and you are done. I played with them yesterday, found out that they are too small to be good objective markers, I'll try to create something taller and more eye-catching.

@Mike the Duck head of the epic duck studios Well, if you *must* know this model is a toy that came out with the movie "Terminator 4: Salvation", it's kinda old and a little hard to find now. They are very well detailed and with some bits I think they could turn out much better than the one I did.

Did a search on ebay (Hunter Killer Salvation) and found this two auctions, one is 9.99 starting bid and the other is 19.99 starting with 29.99 buyout. Here in Brazil i paid about 38 usd each, all toys are expensive as hell here. It was worth it, I wanted an unique IG army since we have lots of those here.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Terminator-Skyn ... 500wt_1413

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Terminator-Salv ... 500wt_1413

Also, check out my brand new blog for some painting tips, conversions and finished pieces!

http://themechanizedworld.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:35 pm 
The Duckiest!

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Thanks for the info :)

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:11 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entries
Got my hands at a cheap AoBR Dread and since the unit that most caught my eye and I fell no Space Wolf army should not have was Björ. I know he is overpriced and not that affective but I just loved the idea, so I tried my hand at that conversion.

Still need some GS fur over his Plasma arm and right shoulder but here is the overall look. Both arms, banner and scroll on the back will have magnets, still deciding if I'm gonna keep the dangling fur bits on the front, they feel too fragile.

He used to be like this

Now he is like this. He had a lot of work done so far.

Also, check out my brand new blog for some painting tips, conversions and finished pieces!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:12 pm 

The IG

Got myself 3 old school metal sentinels, they will be a blast to paint! I'll post pics of them later after I get the basecoat done.

The Space Wolves

First, got a guy to paint my Tallarn infantry since I have a small escalation league about to begin, as I have no airbrush I'm spending my time painting some Space Wolves.

I have to admit I was bitten by the Pre-Heresy bug, and since the Space Wolves have no Aquilas they can double as PH armor without much effort. So, here they are.

During the Pre-Heresy time the Space Wolves weren't as understanding as they are today... Decided that the first blood Claw should be something

"What you say about The Emprah? Say it again. SAY IT AGAIN! I dare you, I double dare you, say it one more time."

This will be the color scheme I'm going for, dark grey with golden details. I know the color for PH Space Wolves is a grey-ish boltgun metal but since no one here have a PH army this will do for now. I still have to paint the skin, hair, knife and scribble on the shoulder but you get the picture.

I made the blend on the PF with oil paints like APJ's Lester tutorial said so and they take FOREVER to dry! Also, I used cattafish's tutorial for glowing runes and even though it's not as good as his I like it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:22 pm 

First try at painting skin and hair. In person it's much better but for a first try it's acceptable. Did about 4 layers and 1 coat of wash to get this, I'll keep watching tutorials and practicing to get the hang of it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:02 pm 

Pics only as I get no replies no matter what I write lol

Finished Wolf Guard

Finished Long Fang Sergeant.

WIP Grey Hunter

WIP Björn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:59 am 

cool looking really good i like the WIP Grey Hunter 8) i did ty to use the chaos fanasy bodys but i kinda messed mine up a bit :oops:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:47 pm 

How did you screwed up you chaos warriors, friend, you tried to cut the torso in the middle so you could use Space Wolves legs?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:27 am 

i tried to cut the arm bits out and put in regular marine arms but it didnt work

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:53 am 
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge
The wolves are looking great bud. I like the darker smokey feel they have. Maybe it's from the oils...

I like the dread but the pics are making it difficult to see some of the detail.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:12 am 

For all of you who don't know I left my job as a lawyer for personal reasons and now, to make a few bucks extra per month I started a painting/terrain commission. The first piece of the terrain commission got zero responses on the terrain thread but maybe this will get to you as this is not a wargame miniature.

This is a fairy. There are many others like this but this one is the one I'm painting. I'll try to get a real nice glaze on the dress so it goes from dark green to lime, but I still don't know what colors to do on the wings. I really liked her skin color, it's light but not too much and it has a lot of transition. Unfortunately my picture-taking skills are only getting worse so you'll just have to trust me on this.

There was a little leak on the paint from her eyes but I got it fixed after taking this picture (the next one is already fixed). I really liked the flower on her head though. Also, tryed - and failed miserably - to paint make up, if ony one have any tips on the subject. Maybe the fact that I know nothing about make up sets me back a little bit...

Still have the hair, dress and wings to go but since I have a lot of time on this I'll wait and see if I can get some help from you guys...

EDIT:

Dress finished, the fade effect worked out great.

Last edited by balangaz on Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:08 am 

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge
Maybe it's just a reflection but the wings look pretty good. Looks like they have some faint pink near the body fading out to a light gray near the tips. The lighter gray works with the rest of the mini so maybe give that a try...

Good luck with the makeup...

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 5:31 pm 

Time to go back to 40k, no more fairies I promise!

This is my first Thunderwolf Lord, with a Storm Shield and a Thunderhammer. I magnetized his right arm so I can have either a Power Fist or his Hammer and his left hand so I can field it as normal Thunderwolf cavalry with Power Fist.

Battle-worn "Storm Shield"

Not what I want but this is heading on the right direction

This is the other Thunderwolf Lord, a dual-wielding Wolf Claws with Warrior born saga. I posed him a little more 'opened' than the other as I wanted him appearing fiercer but it's hard to pose with this plastic resin... Still have to think of a way to sculpt wolf claws over his wolf claws but I'll think of something.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 3:37 pm 

Wolf lords look pretty cool dude.
You destroyed that door! :lol: