It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Wulferein's Eldar Army
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:23 am 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Hi All,

After a suggestion from a couple of people on here, this is my WIP blog,

I came up with this scheme from mashing the random button on Dawn of war till I found something I liked and then played with it a little I have loads of in game shots for how the units would look as a guide but I will spare you from that for now unless people request to see some.

if you have questions please don't be shy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:31 am 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

really nice work, look forward to seeing more

My WIP http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=70250

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:52 am 

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting Pledges
i quite like it too, the purple is such a sleek addition to the whit that it looks masterful, add some freehand to your vehicles and your opponent will be to busy gaping at your beutifully painted guys to attack back.
... :mrgreen:

Khani I have to admit, you're awesome -wulfrun

In the grim darkness of the near future there is only.... Khani? -the airman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:07 am 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

What program are you using in the first 2 pictures? I could really use something like that lol.

EDIT: Guess I should have read the whole post, you said you did that in Dawn of War lol. Was it DoW 1 or 2? I might get it just to have that tool.

As for the color scheme, I think it looks great on the Falcon. Hard to say about the other models, the lighting isn't too great in the picture you took. But I'm not a fan of the purple highlighting on the leg plates in the computerized preview. The models you painted don't have that on them and they look pretty good :)

The only thing I can think of right now is to add some shading and dark coloring into the deep recesses between the plating.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:14 am 

Ribbons Earned: Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
Its a pc game called dawn of war.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:22 am 

stevey293 wrote:
Its a pc game called dawn of war.

First or second Dawn of War?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:28 am 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Ribbons Earned: RED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Awarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!
1st

Or Frodo wore the ring
Did Corum kill the gods
Or where's the wonderland
Which young Alice had seen
Or was it just a dream
I knew the answers
Now they're lost for me

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:19 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
Think you can do it in both.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:51 pm 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

khani wrote:
i quite like it too, the purple is such a sleek addition to the whit that it looks masterful, add some freehand to your vehicles and your opponent will be to busy gaping at your beutifully painted guys to attack back.
... :mrgreen:

Korsarro-Khan wrote:
really nice work, look forward to seeing more

if I feel brave enough for adding some I might either work on it myself or get someone to do it that would do it justice. I read in the codex (the fluff you call it?) about the vyper jet bike crew are either brothers or blood relatives and I would guess the same for a falcon crew but also like we do on our jets and such with kill marks and the shark faces I would only assume that a crew like the eldar falcon guys would like to add their own touch to their tank so they can tell each other apart.

CanadianChris wrote:
What program are you using in the first 2 pictures? I could really use something like that lol.

EDIT: Guess I should have read the whole post, you said you did that in Dawn of War lol. Was it DoW 1 or 2? I might get it just to have that tool.

As for the color scheme, I think it looks great on the Falcon. Hard to say about the other models, the lighting isn't too great in the picture you took. But I'm not a fan of the purple highlighting on the leg plates in the computerized preview. The models you painted don't have that on them and they look pretty good :)

The only thing I can think of right now is to add some shading and dark coloring into the deep recesses between the plating.

Yeah its Dawn of war 1, I tried the scheme on the TAU and they look cool with it the sisters of battle pull if off ok too. I didn't like the purple highlights around the plates. its a really great Idea for planing a scheme just so you get a visual of what the different units will be like without wasting paint on a test mini.

The 3 Guardian squads I have are like the shot I have here but the 2nd and 3rd squads have the higher parts of the armour in Purple the opposite to the Dire Avengers who are mainly Purple but with Boneskull on the raised parts of armour makes them look more striking I find.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:59 pm 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Sorry if this is a bit image heavy, I will try and get some better ones of the fire dragons I loved how they came out. On a forum I used to use someone suggested painting a bit of red on their guns to split things but a bit but I am not so sure to be honest.

Autarch on jetbike only cos I hate the helms on the bikers wish GW would spend a little time on them and the farseer.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:59 am 

Just a suggestion since some of your pictures keep appearing out of focus - take the shot from farther away. If you have a camera with a decent resolution you can crop the image around the model in photoshop and keep the details.

That being said, you can tell you've spent a lot of time working on these, they look really good.

I really like the Wraithlord, looks very nice.

Can you post a picture of just the Fire Dragons? It's hard to see the detail on them from the group shot.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:31 pm 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

CanadianChris wrote:
Just a suggestion since some of your pictures keep appearing out of focus - take the shot from farther away. If you have a camera with a decent resolution you can crop the image around the model in photoshop and keep the details.

That being said, you can tell you've spent a lot of time working on these, they look really good.

I really like the Wraithlord, looks very nice.

Can you post a picture of just the Fire Dragons? It's hard to see the detail on them from the group shot.

Thanks, will sort out the photos and crop them and what not, I don't like the wraithlords pose (but was an ebay purchase a few years ago) but I have another thati will pose a lot better. Will sort some close up of the fire dragons they are one of my favourites I loved painting them

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:30 pm 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

here are a couple of close up shots of the fire dragons, they are not finished I had a go at a little high lighting its barely noticeable but a bit of an improvement from before. Comments welcome on that.

The Dark reaper squad is now almost finished i got the main parts done I wanted more purple on mine (as you can see on the one with Yriel and once I have finished the gems and tidied them up I will post them on here.

Other news to report the Striking scorpions have been a nightmare I should have got the metal ones before finecast came out and I could easily afford it at the time... I have had two replacement boxes the first one was as bad as the original box and the second on e had better minis in but instead of an exarch there where his weapon choices in a forgeworld resealable bag and the 6 standard figures so I give up.

They havn't got their s**t together at the moment so will try and salvage what I can. I am looking for a guy or girl in Denmark ideally nearer Copenhagen who is awesome with green stuff I had emailed a guy who was suggested to me but he has not replied at yet. I have green stuff and the minis but not the skills to make the shoulder pads for the two exarchs. If anyone fits the bill please PM me and we will go from there.

Past that I am so looking forward to painting the other seven tanks will do them in a batch so lots of wip images hopefully... really want to get the highlighting done on the figures I have painted thus far but tbh not sure - as always suggestions ideas are welcome :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:23 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting Pledges
that is awesome work dood, i really like your princy guy and your reaper. i think that the fire dragons are awesome as well, they look really nice and a full force of them would be very commendable. please keep up the good work because i really want to see more.
.... :mrgreen:

Khani I have to admit, you're awesome -wulfrun

In the grim darkness of the near future there is only.... Khani? -the airman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:26 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
they're coming along nicely, keep up the good work.