It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:08 am 
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge
Very nice dude. I agree with the ladies above me here. The color scheme is great and that purple is awesome dude.

About the magnets... Gluing them on the side of the hull like you did there may cause them to pop off down the road. Most likely why the guide you found said to drill and cover with green stuff. Just keep an eye on them, would suck to go to a game and not be able to load your weapons onto your tanks.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:44 am 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Blue wrote:
Very nice dude. I agree with the ladies above me here. The color scheme is great and that purple is awesome dude.

About the magnets... Gluing them on the side of the hull like you did there may cause them to pop off down the road. Most likely why the guide you found said to drill and cover with green stuff. Just keep an eye on them, would suck to go to a game and not be able to load your weapons onto your tanks.

Thanks very much, yeah the glue I used they wont be coming off any time soon there is plenty of pull to stop the command frame moving too much... I am currently working on a super heavy scorpion MKII I got from my wife as a gift also the Autarch and a Pathfinder squad but I havnt been in the right mindset to do any painting. (if that makes sense)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:57 am 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Hi folks,

Its been a while, sorry about that was difficult for me to get motivated (diablo 3 and other stuff partly to blame) but here it is some images of my Scorpion MKII grav tank, still working on it now. Its mostly assembled but need to do a base for it and then re do the gems and highlights

Very pic heavy so if your PC or net is slow you have been warned :P

any constructive comments are more than welcome.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:07 pm 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
Awesome, I love the Scorpion tank, I'll one day get one.

On the Scorpion tank I know it is your colour scheme but because the cream panels on the front of the Scorpion are so big it makes the whole thing look a bit bland.

I would suggest putting on a pattern or rune on at least one of the panels to break it up. Since you have created your own craftworld maybe designing your own symbol for it and paint it on there.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:15 am 
MiniWarGaming Veteran

This is amazing, and I love it.

Keep up the good work!

My youtube

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:38 am 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Farseer Oz wrote:
Awesome, I love the Scorpion tank, I'll one day get one.

On the Scorpion tank I know it is your colour scheme but because the cream panels on the front of the Scorpion are so big it makes the whole thing look a bit bland.

I would suggest putting on a pattern or rune on at least one of the panels to break it up. Since you have created your own craftworld maybe designing your own symbol for it and paint it on there.

WIld Zontar wrote:
This is amazing, and I love it.

Keep up the good work!

Yeah I agree Farseer Os I am gonna do some runes on there I totally agree with you it is deffo missing someing there i think that is where a lot of people that are good artists do free hand (i alas am not at that level) but runes I can do just not sure what colour to go with I was thinking lines like on the saim hann tanks (one thick black line and one thinner line in a triangle shape) but that would not fit I think - any ideas ?

Thanks loads zontar :)

I will add if its not obvious already I have been using my airbrush on this, still a few teething problems getting the consistency right with the paint but its been so easy I did four falcons in half the time it would take me to paint 4 with a regular brush O.o

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:35 pm 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
I'd do the runes in black.

I was thinking something like these http://www.ffonts.net/Eldar-Runes.font

Or grab the codex and use the rune that is on the Striking Scorpions since it is a Scorpion Tank. Or as mentioned draw up some runes on paper and create your own which could be your craftworlds rune.

Since you use an airbrush I would create a stencil on paper, cut it out and then put it over your panel and spray it black. Then fix up with a brush if needed.

Because its going to be a big rune on the tank you can use rules and such and if you stuff up on paper you can go again.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:32 pm 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Farseer Oz wrote:
I'd do the runes in black.

I was thinking something like these http://www.ffonts.net/Eldar-Runes.font

Or grab the codex and use the rune that is on the Striking Scorpions since it is a Scorpion Tank. Or as mentioned draw up some runes on paper and create your own which could be your craftworlds rune.

Since you use an airbrush I would create a stencil on paper, cut it out and then put it over your panel and spray it black. Then fix up with a brush if needed.

Because its going to be a big rune on the tank you can use rules and such and if you stuff up on paper you can go again.

Yup I got the Eldar runes font some time ago its something I would love on all my vehicles as you say otherwise they look bland I want my Eldar to stand out. That said I am not too sure about black but my wife and I will have a look into it she does Shop window signs as a profession so she is into fonts and colour schemes. I thank you very much for your input though :)

Also I need to do the highlights but been stripping my two airbrushes down for cleaning then hopefully tomorrow I can continue with Gems and highlights also the base needs doing with rocks sand and the eagle emblem thing from the Space marines that I chopped up.