It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:41 am 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge
So, me and my friend, who goes by the name Kuhamade in here, decided to start finally putting up some content up here, and with no further ado, here it is. A WIP thread. So I guess you want some pictures then?

This is the full command of the way too dynamically posed unit of Skaven Stormvermin we built quite some time ago. There are more pictures of the rest of the unit, but as they are such a pain to edit with Gimp I'll be putting them up later. You might notice that the models of this picture were not shot together, this was simply to get at least some camera focus on all of them.

And here's something to justify the thread being in the Painting section, a Dark Elf warrior with a repeater crossbow, and a High Elf Eagle Claw bolt thrower crewman. The one on the right is mine, the other one is painted by Kuhamade.

More to come, hopefully soon.

"Tuomir, you're made of win" -ranger
"Tumor is just plain retarted. Tuomir is cooler than that" -jackmrnorris94
"Tuomir has proven his brilliance in this scenario" -The Airman

Last edited by Tuomir on Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:09 am 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

For reasons unknown, I felt myself compelled to post. My compatriot Tuomir is, I am sure, a much better known figure around here, and even after this I don't expect my post count to be able to tackle skimmers. After all he's the one with the Photobucket account and limitless time...

But I will be posting commentary and other stuff of relevance on projects. Especially I'm interested in feedback to my DE scheme, and later on, my Greater Gooders! Anything. In the limits of admin allowance.

The crossbowist represents the somewhat rusty tabletop quality for my DE rank units. Hoping to improve, but I get lazy and well... But that will/might all change with this "blog".

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:10 am 
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge
They both look great dudes. The white cloak on the right hand figure is well done. Nice and clean! The DE's well highlighted and nice work on the chain mail.
For some feedback... I would recommend to use different washes. Selectively washing certain areas different colors. Instead of washing the mini one solid color break it up a bit. For the skin a lighter tone like Gryphonne sepia or ogryn flesh and for metallics try blues and purples.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:08 am 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Thanks for the comment Blue!
Yeah I've tried different techniques for the shading: that one is part of the "badab black to create deeper shadows"-edition. Now I use Ogryn for the skin, Badab for metals and Gryphonne on the yellow parts. Not sure if I should add something to the crossbows though. They look ok now I think, and high lighting just wouldn't fit somehow... Or?
At the moment I'm drooling after the second wave of Finecast... The rumored resin Hydra is just what I need for a little conversion project...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:49 pm 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Ribbons Earned: RED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
Good stuff.

"Sizzles picture art is different though. He actually took the time to create the picture he posted using photo shop software. That is creativity. You newb trolls could learn something from him." -Vassago42

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:24 pm 
Now we're getting somewhere...

Awesome paint jobs you guys. : )

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:56 pm 
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
Kuhamade wrote:
Thanks for the comment Blue!
Yeah I've tried different techniques for the shading: that one is part of the "badab black to create deeper shadows"-edition. Now I use Ogryn for the skin, Badab for metals and Gryphonne on the yellow parts. Not sure if I should add something to the crossbows though. They look ok now I think, and high lighting just wouldn't fit somehow... Or?
At the moment I'm drooling after the second wave of Finecast... The rumored resin Hydra is just what I need for a little conversion project...

Your joining date and psots dont seem to go together well......also nice job on the white for the right hand figure and the DE is good just do as blue suggested to make even better, though i think its good right now. Also i share the whole lazy so don't paint alot habit XD

Red Corsair: 750 [----------] 03 - 0 - 02
Necrons: 350 [----------]
Black Templar Successors (yet to be named) : ordered ----------