Thunderwolf Calvary Photos

Post your painting WIPs here!
jjknick18
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Thunderwolf Calvary Photos

Postby jjknick18 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:53 pm

My first finished Thunderwolf Calvary. Hope you enjoy

Sorry about all the photos I think he is one of the best models I have ever done so I wanted to give you many perspectives. :D

I just finished my first thunderwolf how do you think he looks? I know the camera really doesn't look crisp, but hope it gives you a good idea of what he looks like. Please comment if I can make the photo any better, any comments on the painting, and any tips. All comments are appreciated and read. Thank you guys!
Space Wolves 900

jjknick18
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Re: Thunderwolf Calvary Photos

Postby jjknick18 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:02 am

No comments? lol okay...
Space Wolves 900

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Postby Lady_Soria » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:43 pm

Looks really good. is that the wolf they come with?
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Arnathos » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:44 pm

Love the fur! The legs on the marine could do with a wash, to give them some shading.
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 9500pts[70% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

jjknick18
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Postby jjknick18 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:52 pm

Ya I love painting the wolf I thought the snow Coat I added looked very nice. Along with the blood effects I really loved it. I am not used to painting flesh I had to mix the colors. It didn't turn out as good as I would have like it. I thought the wolf looked amazing though. Any tips on how to make the actual riders look better?
Space Wolves 900

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Arnathos » Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:05 am

Like I said, a carefull wash of nuln oil on the grey parts of the armour, followed by some highlights with fenrisian grey. The face could probably do with some Reikland flesh shade to give it more depth. The hair you could probably also wash with nuln oil and then drybrush/highlight with white again.
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 9500pts[70% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

mrploppels
Bronze Vault Member

Postby mrploppels » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:59 pm

I love the wolf he looks awsome, the base just lets it down a little imo. Some rocks or ruins would make it look really awsome :mrgreen:

Return to “Work In Progress”