It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Xand's WIP
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:43 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Well everybody else is doing it, so I guess I'll make a WIP thread too.

I'll start painting minis again and working on more conversions after Yule, but since time is running out and I hadn't started yet, I'm going to go ahead and start my WIP thread with this:

It's not technically wargaming terrain, but I guess you could use it if you really wanted to.

My grandmother passed this year, and as a result, my uncle sold her house that my brother and I grew up in. My brother has always loved that house and kept saying that one day he was going to go back to that little old town and retire there and live in that house. Well, it has a lot of sentimental value, so when we were there for the funeral (the last time I would have a chance to do so), I took measurements and photos and am making it into a scaled model for him as a surprise for Xmas.

This is the first time I've ever tried to make a house, and I'll be building the prototype tonight and plan to have the whole house done before Yule/Xmas.

Check out my WIP here:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=69158

And my youtube channel here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/cauldroncra ... e=g-subs-u

Post subject: Re: Xand's WIP
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:09 pm 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries
This could be on the terrain making corner.

Anyhow, really looking forward to seeing this done, maybe you could show us a picture of the house, if you have any, so we know the what you are aiming at.

Also, check out my brand new blog for some painting tips, conversions and finished pieces!

http://themechanizedworld.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:51 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
balangaz wrote:
This could be on the terrain making corner.

Anyhow, really looking forward to seeing this done, maybe you could show us a picture of the house, if you have any, so we know the what you are aiming at.

Here's a photo of the house:

Here's the prototype for the walls:

I've still got to figure out how the roof will go on, and I'll be making the walls from foamboard when I do the real one.

Also, I've started on my Ork Wartractor:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=69199

Check out my WIP here:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:02 am 

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries
No need for foamcore, I think you could get away with a heavy paper, link this one. I don't know the name in english, it's a paper used by architects for creating architecture maquettes.

The roofing could be done by cutting up stripes from cardboard (the one that comes in cereal boxes) and glue it on either a thin foamboard sheet or heavy cardboard shaped to fit the shape of the roof. Same for the walls, I'd use cereal cardboard or postcard paper strips, and maybe a light paper in those corner pieces (like I did on my container terrain piece).

Windows I would use balsa wood for the frame and blister package plastic as glass.

Good luck!

Also, check out my brand new blog for some painting tips, conversions and finished pieces!

http://themechanizedworld.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:55 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

I'm giving my nephew ten of those immobile space marines from the Assault on Black Reach set that I got in a trade as well as a SM drop pod that I got in a different trade. He's very interested in playing after I showed him my Orks, so he wants a small scrimmage force to start with. Since I didn't have any kind of HQ for SMs, I decided to convert one of them into a captain using some bits I got in a trade:

I'm leaving the painting up to my nephew, and I'll be working on the house model again soon.

Check out my WIP here:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:36 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

I just finished painting the house I made for my brother for Xmas. I'll try to take some better pictures later, but here's what I've got now:

The walls are foamboard, the roof is cardboard reinforced with wood slats and covered with sandpaper. I painted the roof black with grey and then white drybrushing. The fence was made from a reusable walmart bag that had a perfect texture to match the real one when given a grey undercoat and red overbrushing.

I'd have liked to make the whole thing larger and do an interior, but the size was a consideration since I know it's going in a display case at my brother's. I really wanted to do something better for the windows, but it's really too small for me to work with anything tiny enough to look any better.

Check out my WIP here:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:10 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Well, my brother loved the house I made for him for Xmas, and has asked me to make a scale model of his house too >< lol

Anyway, here's a photo of my Ork Wartractor update:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=69199&p=683259#p683259

I'm not done yet, but I had to stop for the day.

Check out my WIP here:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:59 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

I got the base sculpted for my MotM entry. And before anyone asks, no, it's not greenstuff. I do stuff on a really tight budget and only use stuff around the house. It's sculpey.

I'm planning on trying to put down a basecoat tonight or tomorrow.

Coming soon I've also got to finish assembling and painting my other stormboyz and deffkopters as well as some of my AoBR boyz. Of course, those are all on hold until after I start and finish my terrain build this month :)

Check out my WIP here:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:59 pm 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

That conversion is amazing, wow.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:56 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

lordloss666 wrote:
That conversion is amazing, wow.

Thanks dude, I finished painting it this evening, but since it's so dark in the house, I'm gonna retake the photos tomorrow.

Check out my WIP here:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:50 pm 

Dude that model is simply fantasmal!

Warhammer 40,000:
Storm Guard (Space Marines) : Just starting.....

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:05 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

stickmaster97 wrote:
Dude that model is simply fantasmal!

Thanks dude, here's some better pictures:

Now I'm shifting my focus to this months terrain build!

Check out my WIP here:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:04 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

I'm working on finishing what I started for GB32, even though it's over now.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=71193&p=704519#p704519

Check out my WIP here:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:32 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

My plans for today are to turn this:

Into a demon prince for the nature-themed chaos SM army I'm planning on making.

Check out my WIP here:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:28 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

I made a wire skeleton and put built the body up with sculpey, then added in the bits that were from the original demon scraps.

Next I'm going to do the detail work and fire it, then more details and painting.

Check out my WIP here:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next