It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: crysbat's wip thread
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:15 pm 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
yep, it's about time i got one of these started, very few of you may know that i'll be quitting wargaming sometime (granted i may participate in large events such as apocalypse games for 40k) but i never let a project go unfinished, so i shall be noting my painting progress in this thread, now i do have ALOT of things to paint and i mean alot, although i will be buying more to paint for a while, if anything to finish of every army i started (including my flames of war armies)

so here we go, crysbat's wip thread, first off i think i should just show you my kasrkins (i'll be painting another 5 next month for the painting deathmatch), i just want to note that the sergeant's sword isn't like that in real life, but without further ado, my kasrkins:

now these guys were painting without any highlighting, as i really am not the best at highlighting, which is a shame as the main army i have in 40k is of course my dark eldar, now as you can see from this picture of said dark eldar, i can't highlight well, at all, i've tried it in layers from dark to bright but it doesn't help, i just can't highlight, almost everything else (except for osl) i can do to a decent level.

but yes, from these two sets of models you should be able to tell my standard of painting, nothing i'd call above tabletop, but good enough to use (i refuse to use unpainted models, they have to be at least primed before i consider using them) but anyway, this shall be my wip thread and i promise to actually keep it updated, along with getting some smaller pictures sometime

"IG is like 10" - Jason, my mate.

my wip

Last edited by crysbat on Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: crysbat's wip thread
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:42 pm 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
Nice work bud, its about bloody time you got one off these bad boys going..lol.

jim.

Blood Angels 4155 Pts
W:7 L:8 T:8

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:57 am 

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
jimmy72nd wrote:
Nice work bud, its about bloody time you got one off these bad boys going.

well lack of camera and generall lazyness has stopped me for a while >.>
but i told myself: "i WILL get one of these going at some point" so here it is.

a little update, some stuff arrived in the mail today..

fun times ahead, built the mandrakes earlier today and built an ork biker, going to go about building the baneblade on saturday, also got some hellions built from an ealier purchase, and i've got the following built and primed:

urien rakarth
lelith hesperax
archon w/ agoniser and splinter pistol
ravager
5 hellions (also from the ealier purchase where i bought 10 hellions)

and i have an arena champion finished from last night, also from the earlier purchase.

my wip

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:32 pm 

ok, so this is what i have finished for today, and probably for this month, unfortunatly i've come down very badly on the ill chart and work is piling up because of days off, so i might not be able to get that much painting/building done, but nonetheless, here is what i have done for today:

as you can see, work has begun on the raven, mandrakes ork bike and arena champion all built and some warriors in the back.

now for a close look at the raven, it is of course still in the progress of being done, namely by putting on more layers of desert colours (fluff wise the ravens in my army are for ambushing other jet fighter and what not) and improving/dulling the metal colours, still, the raven:

as i said, a work in progress, but it shalll be completed in some time.
thanks for looking.

my wip

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:39 am 
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge
Looking good dude! I don't think your HL's are as bad as you think they are. Just a little practice and they could be perfect. Just keep at it. :wink:

Is the raven a FW kit?

...Blue

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:56 am 

Blue wrote:
Looking good dude! I don't think your HL's are as bad as you think they are. Just a little practice and they could be perfect. Just keep at it. :wink:

Is the raven a FW kit?

...Blue

well the highlighting doesn't look AS bad in real life, but it's definatly nowehere near what i've seen some people do and it's not my best highlighting, but still, i do have intent on improving my painting by a fair bit more and yes, the raven is a FW kit, not the most detailed FW kit, but still

my wip

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:58 am 

ok, little update, i dropped the work on the raven for a bit in exchange for beginning another flying vehicle (that being a valkyrie, i loves them so muchly T~T) and i've "finished" my urien rakarth, he's coloured a white-ish colour as that's the colour my heamonculi are going to be and what with his being a unique character, i gave him a base, not the best one, but still.

first off, urien rakarth (i can guarantee you those black/white bits aren't there in real life, i think my camera/laptop might have eaten the image a bit)

and urian and the valkyrie in progress (begun painting one wing, going to pain the bits in this then build and paint the rest)

my wip

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:51 pm 

update tiem, finished 3 of the 5 mandrakes and i should be getting to work on the valk asap (i know, i maintain such a painting order :roll: )

my wip

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:27 pm 

ok, another update, unfortunatly lately i've come down with a cold which my mum is going paranoid about and saying i may have pneumonia (she's trying to get me to wear a coat as i never do) but i have been working on some stuff, first off i got A wing done to a degree on the valkyrie, aswell as the inside of the transport bay being started on; bought some sternguard for my marines and finished one of them, aswell as "finishing" 3 female dark eldar warriors and i got a smidge on the raven done. And now the MASSIVE pictures (i feel too ill to edit them i'm afraid) :

first off, everything i've been working on, the squad at the front are the beginning of my female dark eldar warrior squad (fluff wise the squads in my kabal are limited to all male or all female)

the first female warrior (for some reason my camera felt like blurring it up) :

now, with this one, i didn't realize that i had FORGOT to put on the dark blue base (i undercoat them chaos black then put on a coat of a dark blue) so once i had finished painting and taken a photograph, i felt like kicking myself, hopefully i'll repaint them one day:

don't judge me on this one, the paint went horrible and the face, i don't even know what happened to the face, or why the cloth thing is shining >.> ech, so many errors, please don't mention the metal either... like i said, the paint went horrible and for some reason i couldn't do anything right with it:

now, i quite like this guy, gave me a break from painting so much blue and gave me a break from thin models, no highlighting needed either (thank the good guy in charge) although i did make some mistakes, such as the yellow paint on the backpack, although i will re-visit this guy and fix those mistakes, aswell as sorting the writing out on his shoulder pad (originally it was going to be teon, but the o and n messed up) but without further ado, the beggining of me sterngaurd:

i'm getting alot of spare time on my hands these days now (mainly due to being ill so much >.>) so i should be getting alot more painted up, i'd quite like it if anyone could give me c + c on the painting, good bad or ugly i don't care, also if anyone does think about asking: i NEVER use gloss varnish, only matt varnish, the only exception to this is my marines where i use gloss varnish on their eyes and nothing else, so the shine is probably from the camera. I've also finished my lelith hespirax model, but i need to work on it's base, then i'm starting on the rest of my storm troopers and valkyrie side by side, but right now i'm feel like throwing up, so my painting isn't at it's best...

I may just burn that third warrior....

my wip

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:29 pm 
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...

crysbat wrote:

going to go about building the baneblade on saturday

this is why i hate you :P

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:39 pm 

Paladin-Zebra wrote:
this is why i hate you :P

i have no intent on spamming up my wip thread so don't expect a response if you post an image to that.

my wip

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:47 pm 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Ribbons Earned: Mods, please no more ribbons for me. They break!
Wow! I have no chance again your Kasrikan but I shall at least try! Really liking the colour scheme on the Imperial Guard and Dark Eldar.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:07 pm 

IGfanatic wrote:
Wow! I have no chance again your Kasrikan but I shall at least try! Really liking the colour scheme on the Imperial Guard and Dark Eldar.

well, trying is what it's all about ^_^ just to say those aren't the kasrkin i'm using in our match, the ones i'm using are the looking down ones, the flamer and the looking forward ones, so far the flamer is partially done (need to paint his boots, gloss his visor and add a few more washes/drybrushes aswell as some smaller things such as buttons and wires.

edit: i believe i should explain the colour schemes so rather than double post i'll do it in this thread, for the IG, as some of you may know my army is called the city breakers and as the name suggests, they fight in cities quite often, hence the grey aurmour, as for the dark eldar, my kabal is called the kabal of weeping sorrows and they were around when blue was my favourite colour and i painted everything blue, now i don't pain much blue things except for these guys as the dark blue/light blue highlighting seemed to make the models look ok enough to properly use and i can' abandon a paint scheme so easily on my longest running army.

my wip

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:33 am 

ok guys, last update for a while probably, alot of things have gone wrong lately for me and that means i can't paint anything for a while as i need to find a place to stay and a part time job, so no painting for a while probably, i would quite like it if i could have some really harsh criticism as i want to improve my painting when i can do it again, so seriously, nit pick at every error i made.

first off i have 5/10 wyches started on (if i can get the other 5 done before the end of january then i'll be re-entering the death match, although i doubt it)

the squad:

from the image you should be able to figure out my paint scheme for my wych cult, where as before i had a red esque one, this time i'm going for one i saw on the gw website a bit ago and editing it slightly

so now i'm going to show an image of pretty much a stage by stage for the wyches, from the on with least work to the one with most work, please note that none of them are finished.
next one got a bit messed up whilst i resized the image, so it's the wrong way around
and the hekatrix, who's closest to being finished

now aside from the wyches i've done a smidge of work on the sterngaurd, here's the 4 unfinished ones
and the two which actually have some thing more than a spray on them

and the kasrkin i'm working on (if i can finish these then i'll also re-enter the painting deathmatch with IGfanatic)
the one closest to being finished, sorry about blurry picture

and i got the last mandrake finished

now please, harsh criticism is wanted, wether it's pointing out every flaw i made or saying that some colours don't work with each other, i would love some criticism.

Until my next update/post i'll see you guys around.

my wip

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:29 pm 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Ribbons Earned: Mods, please no more ribbons for me. They break!
Sorry to hear that you can't participate in anything for awhile.
On the critsicm front i don't think the wyches pistol paint sceme looks non-too good. That's about it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next