It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next

Is Joe awesome?
Yes 53%  53%  [ 504 ]
Yes 47%  47%  [ 440 ]
Total votes : 944
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:32 pm 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Location: I sleep on the MWG floor, curled up with my mini's.
Ribbons Earned: Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
Well there you have it... I basically have 6000+ points of Eldar and I have them all in various stages of painting and even assembly. This discourages me greatly, to the point where I just want to sell off as much as I can and start fresh. That being said, there may be a few of my older models available soon... who know.

Well, today, just as an example of using washes, I painted up a Guardian in a matter of a few minutes. It was actually incredibly fast and I think I like the Colour Scheme. There are a few things I would like to get input on, but being as this scheme is for the rank and file of the army, I enjoy how fast it is to accomplish.

Please let me know what you think. Suggestions are more than welcome. You can either post a message on this topic, or PM me, or even send me some mail through the postage system, but please include 1 dollar for administration fees.

Well, without Further ado:

Please let me know what you think, as this will be the colour scheme for just about everything but the Aspect Warriors, who will have most of their own colours... and better paint jobs of course... but hopefully in a very similar style. I am thinking about mixing their colours in with the stone colour as a base to get a subdued version of the aspects.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

And that is why Kharn was cut from the original cast of Puttin' on the Ritz.

Eldar - 8000-ish
Space Marine - 1500+

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:38 pm 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges
That looks amazing! i think youve just encoreged me to try paint a gaurdian.Did you use devlan mud?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:44 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
Dheneb Stone Foundation (Base)
Calthan Brown Foundation (Weapon/cloths)
Goblin Green (Gems/eyes)
Devlan Mud Wash (wash)
Dark Angels Green, Scorpion Green, Dheneb Stone Foundation (highlights)

That is exactly what I used. And it was incredibly fast... I am sure I could easily turn out 20 of these guys in 1 night. Probably faster once I get the Airbrushing worked out.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

Eldar - 8000-ish
Space Marine - 1500+

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:55 pm 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges
I think i might get a pack of snap fit gaurdians this week and try see what i can do with washes .

id even say these could maybe do okay at golden demon! :P

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:57 pm 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

It looks very good, but there's something about it that makes it seem to me that it's...incomplete somehow. I'm not entirely sure what it is, it maybe just me and my desire to knock out overly-good looking models regardless of time taken. Talking of which i'll have to put up some pictures of my eldar at some point. I'm assuming you're going to add flock to the base? It's a good colour scheme, and very well painted. I'd like to seem some more units in this colour scheme. Maybe a jetbike or two?

All the stars in the sky cannot blot out the hateful glare of the red moon's eye. The birthing place of the Great Enemy pulses with all the malice of a daemon that is dreaming, casting its shadow over all we have ever done and all we ever shall.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:05 pm 

I know what you mean about looking unfinished... and I don't know if the base alone will help it, although it definitely won't hurt it. I just can't decide on a nice base for them yet.

As for looking unfinished... I was thinking about adding some very minor highlighting to the gun... and possibly some purple on the weapons... like on the swords and on the ridge along the top of the gun, and then give it a nice highlight there... but I think it may take away from the rest of the model...

If you can think of anything please let me know.

As for other models... I have a couple jetbikes I can strip. Although I think one of them is already done... actually I think 2 are done, and I will probably just sell those ones off.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

Eldar - 8000-ish
Space Marine - 1500+

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:24 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #1Group Build Badge #2Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
I really like this Joe, but the only thing in my personal opinion I would change is adding a little differentiation to the faceplate to kind of seperate it from the helmet some. Other than that, fantastic work! :twisted:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:43 pm 

I hear what you are saying... and another thing is coming to me now... the brown... it doesn't look right with the mud wash on this one.

I am thinking maybe the Hormagaunt Purple Foundations on the gun and the cloths, and the Mud should work well with that. And I was thinking about maybe doing the purple as an accent on the Helm or Faceplate... and switching it up, 1 with helm, 1 with face, 1 with both and 1 with none.

Although something else hits me about the clean one colour look. I will probably have to try out one of each.

Thanks for the advice guys.

I am also up to any suggestions on what I should do for the base. I am looking for something that would complement the style I am going with.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

Eldar - 8000-ish
Space Marine - 1500+

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:46 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #1Group Build Badge #2Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Leave the mud over the browns and try the purple wash over the armor, I think that will actually turn out very nice. :twisted:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:21 pm 

Well, the purple wash should still leave the wraithbone effect and only add a little color to the recesses, but I agree changing up the catapult and sash color may do the trick well enough to make it pop a little more. :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:36 am 

Yeah, I wasn't talking about changing the wash... just the sash (couldn't think of that word for the life of me last night) and gun would have been Purple not Brown, but still with a Mud Wash... I just don't know how Purple turns out with a Mud wash.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

Eldar - 8000-ish
Space Marine - 1500+

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:48 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #2Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting Pledges
I like it, Looks alot like mine, but more to a grey scale (like you said)... now people are going to think i copyed my scheme off you, teesh!

Fight as HARD as we can!

Kill as MANY as we can!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:25 pm 

I would really like to see some pics of your Eldar. Toss one up on here for me when you get the chance.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

Eldar - 8000-ish
Space Marine - 1500+

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:47 pm 
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Ribbons Earned: Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge
hmm maybe making the helmet part a darker brown might help a bit.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:31 pm 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

I think highlighting the edges of the armor may help a bit... and i was thinking a parched grass/wasteland flock base would look really good with the whole brown effect... But you may not need to change the whole overall look as the highlighting may 'break up' the brown. Just my 2 pence worth... :D

All the stars in the sky cannot blot out the hateful glare of the red moon's eye. The birthing place of the Great Enemy pulses with all the malice of a daemon that is dreaming, casting its shadow over all we have ever done and all we ever shall.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next