Blue's Tau&Terrain. 6/24/12

Post your painting WIPs here!
Crusherfex
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Blue's Tau&Terrain. 4/19/12- Army Pics/ pg. 13

Post by Crusherfex » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:35 pm

That camo is amazing Blue! It's going to be hard to even match that!

I love your overall army. The basing really adds to th overall theme, it's great.

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:33 pm

That is just amazing, that must have taken forever and with so much detail.

Blue
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by Blue » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:06 am

wizardv12222 wrote:Your dedication to your Tau painting is an inspiration to us all Blue... that camo must have driven you a little on the wrong side of crazy :twisted:
Thanks wiz, yeah... this thread is over 2 yrs old now! I really wish i had more time to dedicate to painting.
The camo did actually. When staring at it up close to add the final color the pattern started to move and pulsate and just mess with my eyes. It was pretty crazy!
Crusherfex wrote:That camo is amazing Blue! It's going to be hard to even match that!
I love your overall army. The basing really adds to th overall theme, it's great.
Thanks a lot dude! :)
nappen wrote:That is just amazing, that must have taken forever and with so much detail.
A little over a month of my free time.
Thanks dude!

Little bit of progress. Got all the metals done as well as oil washed the panel lines. Not too much left to do except the details and optics. Should be finished within the next few weeks.

Please let me know what you think?
New Video! How I Paint Flames On Miniatures
The rush of battle is often a potent and lethal addiction, for war is a drug.
My Terrain Tutorial: How To Make Cheap Easy Terrain

Crusherfex
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Blue's Tau&Terrain. 6/24/12

Post by Crusherfex » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:42 pm

Very nice, Blue. Such an awesome tank. Hopefully 6th edition will make the skyray a great option to field. :D

Tuomir
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge

Post by Tuomir » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:46 pm

Miniature camo paradox: When painting miniatures, one should make the shapes more apparent, whereas camouflage is supposed to diminish the shape of the object... I'd suggest some panels painted with just one color, to bring out the shapes... But then again, you seem to go for the more realistic style. Anyways, I like it as it is, but camouflage in miniatures have always this problem in them...
Rank & Fail

"Tuomir, you're made of win" -ranger
"Tumor is just plain retarted. Tuomir is cooler than that" -jackmrnorris94
"Tuomir has proven his brilliance in this scenario" -The Airman

lame1
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by lame1 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:37 am

Really nice camo Blue, you even painted the underside??? that's just insane :)
Really nice job!

//lame1
Tyranids 1850pts
Orks 2000pts WAAAAAAGHHHH