Noc's WIP

Post your painting WIPs here!
Nocturus
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Noc's WIP

Post by Nocturus » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:01 pm

Only 11 days left so I figure I need to at least post a WIP thread ;). Here is what I have assembled and have been SLOWLY working on when I have time off :?. I'll try and post some more on them as I get the chance to finish them up!

Noc

Last edited by Nocturus on Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right. -Isaac Asimov
I bow down, Nocturus. --Aloh'Kais
Tau 6th Ed. W-0 D-0 L-3
Tau w/ Eldar Allies W-3 D-1 L-3

A Luna
Gold Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Re: Noc's MWG Army Painter Challenge WIP - 1000 points Tau

Post by A Luna » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:42 pm

11 days?!?!?! I need to get working on the battlesuits! just 0,5 more to go:D Next month I will have to use my joker i guess :(

Anyway, good luck with that Noc, I'm painting more >=] :P
Smile!
Tomorrow's going to be worse

Me: "was eating cake whilst drinking. was good"
Jackmrnorris: "This man is close to nirvana. It is known."

CMON Gallery
Youtube

Nocturus
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Nocturus » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:12 pm

Well, its not like I have to get it all done in 11 days :roll:. I've only gotten one one Kroot and a Crisis Suit painted for the submission. If I knock out a couple of FWs I'll be set for the first month ;).

Noc
Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right. -Isaac Asimov
Tau 6th Ed. W-0 D-0 L-3

Jaman
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Jaman » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:24 pm

ah so easy for some ive got 2 hq's and a command squad to knock into shape ( i only got the apothecary done )

Nocturus

Post by Nocturus » Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:26 pm

My August post: One FW, one Kroot, a Marker Drone, and a Crisis Battlesuit for a total of 102 points.

Noc

Tau 6th Ed. W-0 D-0 L-3

Black-Napalm
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Black-Napalm » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:19 pm

looking good keep on it

DigitalNinja
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by DigitalNinja » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:45 pm

I think your color scheme is great! I love the yellow on models, I wish I had the patience to paint good yellow.
I want there to be images allowed in Siggys!

Nocturus

Post by Nocturus » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:02 am

Thanks for the compliments :mrgreen:. I hate to admit it, but I cheat on the yellow. The Iyanden Darksun Foundation Paint from GW is actually a medium/dark yellow color and I just highlight it with a thin coat of Golden Yellow. It is more apparent on the FW I painted in this set because I hadn’t tried it yet when I painted the Crisis Suit. When I tried the Foundation paint it was an amazing difference in the coverage on the model and basically eliminated the black spots that show through from the undercoat on the Crisis Suit.

Noc
Tau 6th Ed. W-0 D-0 L-3

Nocturus

Post by Nocturus » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:23 am

These are some minis I had painted before the pledge, but I don't have them posted anywhere else together as a group so I figured they would be a good add for this thread ;).

Any and all comments are welcome :D.

Noc
Tau 6th Ed. W-0 D-0 L-3

DrBored
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #9Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by DrBored » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:50 am

Looking good. I like the effect on the Stealth Suits!

Though you seem to be lacking in the highlighting realm. If you added some highlights to your models, it'd really make them pop, and not in the bad glue-all-over-your-face way either :D

I use a method I refer to as 'source highlighting' (feel free to correct me anybody) where I pick a point for light to be coming from (in my case, the light source is straight up) and highlight only the areas that would be touched by that light source. In the end, only half of the model is 'highlighted' but the end result is something of a gradient.

Nocturus

Post by Nocturus » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:40 am

Ok, long time no update. I've been working 4 days on 1 day off since the 31st of August and have only been able to sit down and work on mini's the past couple of days. So without further adue, here is what I'm currently working on:

What will be one of my 'Vre Body Guards, a normal XV8 'Ui, and a XV15/25 converted from the Firewarrior and XV25 sprue (Yes I stole the design from others on this board lol).

Also I've been working on getting Shadowsun built and ready to prime :).

Hopefully I'll be making some more updates soon!

Noc
Tau 6th Ed. W-0 D-0 L-3

Mutanik
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by Mutanik » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:18 pm

Great stealth effects!
They will look awesome fully painted!
"nom" just doesnt quite say it.

Nocturus

Re: Noc's WIP

Post by Nocturus » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:51 pm

Thanks Mutanik :).

Also can a mod move this to the normal WIP forum since I've dropped out of the Painting challenge? Thanks :).

Noc
Tau 6th Ed. W-0 D-0 L-3

phatmonk
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by phatmonk » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:41 am

looks like we've got ourselves a steelers fan
:twisted: :evil:
I agree with phatmonk -CrusherFex
thanks phatmonk -sharkvictim
Phatmonk got my vote... Great work, it's P.H.A.T. fat, Pretty. Hot. And. Tempting. -dangerdog
phatmonk, i can see what you mean -Italus-Cro

Mutanik
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by Mutanik » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:00 pm

dude! the electric effects on those stealth suit look freakin sweet!!!
i was thinking about collecting tau but the one thing that put me off was the complexity of their paint schemes.
nice job on those!!!
"nom" just doesnt quite say it.