FalknerBlitz WIP blog

Post your painting WIPs here!
Ashran
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: FalknerBlitz WIP - Updated 8/13/09 Galrauch

Post by Ashran » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:30 pm

I bet Galrauch would make one mean dreadsock...
dreadlord is a bar of the fish of the friction
I literally cried -Khornate
My Brotha from anotha motha.
I love you every time one of these threads show up. -Jason
I submit! /cower -Mike Nixon

falknerblitz
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge

Post by falknerblitz » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:50 pm

Ashran wrote:I bet Galrauch would make one mean dreadsock...
He's so big it would be more like a dreadstocking.....lol

-=Lazuli=- wrote:Very good stuff in here Falknerblitz! I see the Dreadnought at the beginning you're going to paint against me?
Yup, those are the ones. Thanks for the comments

Ashran
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Ashran » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:14 pm

You could start selling them for highly advanced weapons of close combat warfare

in all seriousness though, it's pretty sweet looking already :twisted:
dreadlord is a bar of the fish of the friction
I literally cried -Khornate
My Brotha from anotha motha.
I love you every time one of these threads show up. -Jason
I submit! /cower -Mike Nixon

falknerblitz
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge

Post by falknerblitz » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:44 pm

Thanks....It's just unbelievable at how much detail is on the model.....I think even since little piece of the surface has some sort of feature....there's like so flat open spot anywhere. I'll get a couple closeups after the highlighting so that you can see it....it's really crazy....I cry a little inside when I think about how long its going to take me to paint all those little details white tomorrow... :roll:

............OH DAMN (I'm thinking something else....) I forgot to do the legs......I'll have to go and do that asap..... :evil:

Crimeater12
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Crimeater12 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:38 am

everything is looking overly-sweet :D
just a thing...
the left leg and foot look a bit weird (warboss) the foot from AoBR doesnt seem to fit perfectly.

the transition on the chaos thingy looks amazing though...

also, you could stick a weapon on the right upper arm (the area between the shoulder joint and elbow.. :D

i shall be looking at this thread every 10 mins, i shall be expecting updates :D

falknerblitz

Post by falknerblitz » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:02 pm

Just a little update. I've done the leg I forgot to do last time... :oops:
Also I've highlighted the skin. I like how the purple and blue areas turned out but the red is still not showing up nicely. Any ideas of how to go about picking out all the raised areas in the red - oh and it's already upto blood red so I'd have to use something alot little but I don't want to go anywhere near pink and not really go towards the oranges....anyone know how to get a light red without it turning pinky or orangy??

Now I have to paint all those scales, wings, worms, spines, horns....basically chaosy bits....this is gonna take a while :roll:

Twaaghh
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Re: FalknerBlitz WIP - Updated 8/14/09 Galrauch

Post by Twaaghh » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:38 pm

I have an idea about the warbosses next dakka. You could try putting it his back and aiming over his head.. no idea how this would look but it's an idea..?
Army - [W/D/L]
-{|[+]===================|}- (0%) =2/0/0= Warriors of Chaos - 2500+

falknerblitz

Post by falknerblitz » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:45 pm

Twaaghh wrote:I have an idea about the warbosses next dakka. You could try putting it his back and aiming over his head.. no idea how this would look but it's an idea..?
Ya, I've tried putting the guns everywhere I can think of - shoulder, back, wrist mount, claw....mouth...lol - nothing really looks right. I guess it's the case of less is more (though that is not very orky). Putting just makes it seem cluttered. I think I'll leave it as is for now and get back to it if I'm not happy with the look after painting.

Khornate

Post by Khornate » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:47 pm

How About Breast Guns!
Many of my best friends are Wargamers, and only a few of them are transvestites. Yours faithfully, MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall Khornate, Mrs. P.S. I have never kissed the moderators of the Miniwargaming forum.

falknerblitz

Post by falknerblitz » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:54 pm

Khornate wrote:How About Breast Guns!
:shock: ........too much austin powers...

falknerblitz

Re: FalknerBlitz WIP - Updated 8/19/09 Galrauch

Post by falknerblitz » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:37 pm

Hey Guys (and Gals) - Pretty big update today. I pretty much finished the whole body. I'm happy with the results,the shading looks very nice in person. The wongs, body, details, tail, arm, legs, scales, worms, blobs, eyes are all done. All that's left now are the horns, spikes, claws, mouth/tongue/teeth, and ofcourse the base. I'll get everything except the base done by tomorrow. Anyways that's enough of that - here are the pics.

P.S. I'm in a really good mood - I'm finally getting my car on Friday... :mrgreen:

Khornate

Post by Khornate » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:38 pm

The Wongs Do Look Good
Many of my best friends are Wargamers, and only a few of them are transvestites. Yours faithfully, MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall Khornate, Mrs. P.S. I have never kissed the moderators of the Miniwargaming forum.

Blood Angel 1
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge

Post by Blood Angel 1 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:56 pm

Awesome! and m just pointing something out...I won a side challenge to...and no ribbon....it may have been by forfeit.....but it counts....so........great job on the dragon :twisted:

falknerblitz

Re: FalknerBlitz WIP - Updated 8/20/09 Galrauch

Post by falknerblitz » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:14 pm

Thanks for the comments. A little update - wanted to try out something and didn't want to wait until I had finished painting.....incase my hand slipped and I ended up ruining the model... :roll:

Note that the chaos lord still has metal chunks under his feet and cape which I still need to file down.....he won't be 'floating' like he is in the pictures. Also I will just be pinning it....I don't want to glue it on as sometimes I will use Galrauch and also it blocks the details of the neck intersection....which I want to show off....lol :twisted:

Khornate

Re: FalknerBlitz WIP - Updated 8/20/09 Galrauch

Post by Khornate » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:21 pm

I Want It :(