FalknerBlitz WIP blog

Post your painting WIPs here!
falknerblitz
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge

Re: FW Biker Boss + MegaWarboss and Dreads WIP - Updated 8/3/09

Post by falknerblitz » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:06 am

Hey guys, another quick update. Just put on all the wiring - basically hooked up his backpack unit to the claws, the scorcha and his neck/eye piece. Let me know what you think.

Dtram
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Participated in the Inaugural Painting Pledge
Location: Where the Orks frolic side by side, on roving hills and in gumdrop forests

Re: FW Biker Boss + MegaWarboss and Dreads WIP - Updated 8/4/09

Post by Dtram » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:11 am

lol lovin the resistor :P Wires all look like their in the right spot gj, and I personally like the pose on the metal model the way it is, I think it'd look fine whichever way though.

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:36 pm

Dude. O_O
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Ashran
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Ashran » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:20 pm

Sweet, i'd hate to meet that warboss anywhere. :twisted:

My only (small) complaint is I think his head sticks too far out for an Ork
dreadlord is a bar of the fish of the friction
I literally cried -Khornate
My Brotha from anotha motha.
I love you every time one of these threads show up. -Jason
I submit! /cower -Mike Nixon

falknerblitz
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge

Post by falknerblitz » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:36 pm

Thanks for the comments everyone. I want to put another gun on him - any idea where I can put it?
Ashran wrote:My only (small) complaint is I think his head sticks too far out for an Ork
I know eh...it the one thing that's bugging me about it....it's a solid metal piece (head, cables and neck....so it wasn't possible to shave it down anymore....without losing a finger :roll: - though I'm hoping that the cables running into the neck and eye piece will make it not look too weird.

Blood Angel 1
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge

Post by Blood Angel 1 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:25 pm

falknerblitz wrote:Thanks for the comments everyone. I want to put another gun on him - any idea where I can put it?
Ashran wrote:My only (small) complaint is I think his head sticks too far out for an Ork
I know eh...it the one thing that's bugging me about it....it's a solid metal piece (head, cables and neck....so it wasn't possible to shave it down anymore....without losing a finger :roll: - though I'm hoping that the cables running into the neck and eye piece will make it not look too weird.
Put a gun in his mouth....or inside the claw :twisted:

DrBored
Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #9Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by DrBored » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:53 pm

Did you consider shaving the back of the head to fit closer? That might help a little, but it looks like you already glued it down..

Well, then again, plastic comes off of metal really easy.

falknerblitz

Post by falknerblitz » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:31 am

ya, I took a dremel to it....I cut off about half the neck (metal part) and shaved it down....did the same for the plastic head.

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:06 am

Nice use of wire. Makes the mini look a lot more realistic
Sernpidal 25 ABY
Never Forget

falknerblitz

Re: FalknerBlitz WIP - Updated 8/13/09 Galrauch

Post by falknerblitz » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:25 pm

Please Note that it is still WIP, and I've only finished the body with the red to blue transition. :wink:

Little change of pace. I started working on my Chaos Dragon Lord.
So for starters here's the Galrauch - The Great Drak, First of the Chaos Dragons

Sorry, forgot to take pics before I started painting. This guy was the biggest pain to assemble.....probably the hardest model I would say - also it weighs a ton....solid metal chaos bum. :roll:

p.s. It turned out alot more blue in the images....in real life its a bit more purple.

Asrodrig
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Asrodrig » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:26 pm

Nice stuff, mang!

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:29 pm

Dang...not a bad job at all. Have you painted the eyes and such yet? Seems like you only got the red-blue transition done on the body
Sernpidal 25 ABY
Never Forget

falknerblitz

Post by falknerblitz » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:48 pm

Ya that's all I've done so far....oh damn I see...I forgot to note that all I've done is basecoat.....well not exactly since there's 4 shades of red, 3 of purple, and 3 of blue....lol. But ya all I've done so far is the red to blue transition on the body...I'll do the eyes, teeth, scales, worms, and all the chaosy stuff tomorrow. On the weekend it will be the base and highlighting - So I should be done by Sunday night... :twisted: - I've decided that I'm tired of playing with unpainted models so I'll be pumping them out alot faster now that I have a month of free time. :wink:

-=Lazuli=-
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by -=Lazuli=- » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:17 pm

Very good stuff in here Falknerblitz! I see the Dreadnought at the beginning you're going to paint against me?
My Log:
Death Korps of Krieg, Cadian Guardsmen, Ultramarines, Blood Angels, Chaos, and more.

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197094

^ ^
Click on the link, you know you want too!