FalknerBlitz WIP blog

Post your painting WIPs here!
falknerblitz
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge

FalknerBlitz WIP blog

Post by falknerblitz » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:43 pm

Hey there, took pics so thought mind aswell make a WIP thread....My first FW models...and I'm loving them - SO MUCH DETAIL....*drools*.. :shock:

Ashran
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: FW Biker Boss and Dreads WIP

Post by Ashran » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:55 pm

You know you want to give Ashran one.

You know you want to.

*hypnotic stare*
dreadlord is a bar of the fish of the friction
I literally cried -Khornate
My Brotha from anotha motha.
I love you every time one of these threads show up. -Jason
I submit! /cower -Mike Nixon

Jaman
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: FW Biker Boss and Dreads WIP

Post by Jaman » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:57 pm

ashran your not Richard you don't have magical powers

falknerblitz
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge

Re: FW Biker Boss + MegaWarboss and Dreads WIP - Updated 8/1/09

Post by falknerblitz » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:31 pm

Hey there guys, quick little update. Started working on my MegaArmor Warboss. Though process behind him was that I wanted him to be big but not overly big - like for example the one Dez made. Reason behind this is - even though for orks bigger is better - I still wanted to keep the option of being about to use him as a normal Warboss. So he about the size of the AoBR boss (which is actually pretty big) when he's hunched down...so if he stood up he would be like twice as big. :wink: His PKs as you can see are much much bigger - which is what I wanted to emphasize. The have some guns (scorcha, shoota, stormbolters) built in but I was thinking of putting a couple of bigger guns on - though not sure where to put them. Also I'll need to put a boss pole somewhere....I was thinking of giving him a grot pole/standard bearer instead of sticking it on his back. Anyways let me know what you think and if you have any ideas.

Stephen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Stephen » Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:31 pm

Maybe mounting the bigger gunz on his shoulders? And amazing work on all 3 warbosses
Sernpidal 25 ABY
Never Forget

Jombo
Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #2Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by Jombo » Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:35 pm

Gaaaaaah. I love dreadnoughts. If only Chaos ones didn't stink. :(

Anyways, I'll be watching this thread.

In a good way of course. :wink:
Splinter Fleet Phobos

Bought: [----[+]---------------] 448/1750
Assembled: [--[+]-----------------] 232/1750
Painted: [+]-------------------] 0/1750

Click for videos of Tyranids and Terrain! (Coming Soon)

falknerblitz

Post by falknerblitz » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:00 pm

Thanks for the comments. Shoulder mounted weapons huh? That sounds pretty cool. I think I'll do that - good idea, thanks. :twisted:

Also 3 warbosses?? :shock: - wheres the 3rd one - or did you mean the AoBR one? lol I didn't do any work on him and actually I have like 4 of them...lol.

If you notice the first one has his loincloth cut off (he'll be on a bike) and also in the last pic there's another one in the background....these guys are basically my bit source...if I need anything I just chop them up.. :twisted:

Blood Angel 1
Ribbons Earned: Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge

Post by Blood Angel 1 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:04 pm

You could also mount some dread-style under the PKs :twisted:

yoyomansizzle
Ribbons Earned: RED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by yoyomansizzle » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:08 pm

who doesnt love FW dreads :mrgreen:
Rengar 2012.
"Sizzles picture art is different though. He actually took the time to create the picture he posted using photo shop software. That is creativity. You newb trolls could learn something from him." -Vassago42

falknerblitz

Post by falknerblitz » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:17 pm

Blood Angel 1 wrote:You could also mount some dread-style under the PKs :twisted:
Ya that's what I was thinking about first but the couple problems I came across were that the arms became really really heavy (the weapons are also metal...from kans and dreads...lol) and they sort of block details and take away from the PKs...which is the main thing about this guys - I mean come one giant double PKs FTW :twisted:

falknerblitz

Post by falknerblitz » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:46 am

Hey all, just a little update. I've work out some of the kinks in the arms, used GS to space and angle the arms to how I want and glued them on - they're finally not moving around and are pretty rock solid. Also I've drilled a bunch of holes all over, I'll be running cables tomorrow. Also I put the flamer on to the PK - it was a perfect fit and even went into on the the nooks in the PK.. :twisted: - I'll probably try to add in some more guns but I really don't want to over do it and cover up any details. Just at the last minute I decided that his left leg looks a little plain, so I'll be working on that a bit in the next couple days to cybork/armor it up a little.

izirath
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by izirath » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:40 am

Really nice models, though I don't like the pose on your metal Warboss. I think he would look even more menacing with his arms down touching the ground, or in the air in head level.
Khornate wrote:Its Nightcrawler!

falknerblitz

Post by falknerblitz » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:46 am

His right arm is down touching the ground and his left arm is at head level - well atleast a part of it :wink:

Blood Angel 1
Ribbons Earned: Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge

Post by Blood Angel 1 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:05 am

falknerblitz wrote:His right arm is down touching the ground and his left arm is at head level - well atleast a part of it :wink:
Told ya dread style would work :twisted:

falknerblitz

Post by falknerblitz » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:49 am

Blood Angel 1 wrote:
falknerblitz wrote:His right arm is down touching the ground and his left arm is at head level - well atleast a part of it :wink:
Told ya dread style would work :twisted:
Ya, it just fit perfectly... :mrgreen:
Anyways I'm looking to put a little more dakka on him, any ideas. From the pose I don't think under the right claw would make sense (it'll be hidden since that arm is going to the ground). I was thinking either the the side of the claw, or of the top (really not sure about this one), or maybe even that shoulder?? :? - input and opinions are most appreciated

Return to “Work In Progress”