Conc's Dwarfs

Post your painting WIPs here!
Concreteus
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Re: Conc's Dwarfs

Post by Concreteus » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:40 pm

Started working on a dwarf cannon and there is still a lot to go but hopefully I can get it done in the next couple days.

Kdeff

Post by Kdeff » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:29 am

Concreteus wrote:Started working on a dwarf cannon and there is still a lot to go but hopefully I can get it done in the next couple days.

Can't say much about this since its not finished but you're making cannon looking stone? Thats nice idea and seems looking good so far :) ! Also like that "stony" look on crew
Death Skull / Waaagh! Dugun 4934p orks 4-0-5
http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 0#p1044324
[/b][/i]
Get 'em boyz!
Dakka dakka dakka!
WAAAGH! THE ORKS!
WAAAGH!
- Rotgob, Ork strategist

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:33 pm

very cool! I love this model. your flesh looks really good too
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Concreteus

Post by Concreteus » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:51 pm

So that's as as far as these guys are going to get finished before my tournement but I'm pretty happy. The cannon just needs a little bit more but its nearly there.

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:40 pm

Oh I like them. There is something in your way of painting them that gives to your dwarves an aura of dignity. They look like ancient statues (note here that greek and roman statues were originally painted in bright colours). I really like it.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Concreteus

Post by Concreteus » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:16 am

Thank you very much for your comment. I don't usually get praise for my work so when I do it encourages me to continue.

A little update on my cannon and crew.

Kdeff

Post by Kdeff » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:11 am

Concreteus wrote:Thank you very much for your comment. I don't usually get praise for my work so when I do it encourages me to continue.

A little update on my cannon and crew.

I know that feeling, always nice to hear friendly comments and praises about own work. Also i fell love more and more that stony look of cannon everytime I see it :lol:
[/b][/i]
Get 'em boyz!
Dakka dakka dakka!
WAAAGH! THE ORKS!
WAAAGH!
- Rotgob, Ork strategist

Concreteus

Post by Concreteus » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:34 am

Kdeff wrote: Also i fell love more and more that stony look of cannon everytime I see it
Thank you for your support :)

Kdeff

Post by Kdeff » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:33 pm

Concreteus wrote:
Kdeff wrote: Also i fell love more and more that stony look of cannon everytime I see it
Thank you for your support :)
Anything to fellow Dwarf lover
[/b][/i]
Get 'em boyz!
Dakka dakka dakka!
WAAAGH! THE ORKS!
WAAAGH!
- Rotgob, Ork strategist

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:02 pm

Almost makes me want to get some dwarves.

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:06 pm

wow, conc really love your dwarves the colour scheme is awesome!

and did you see the new GW dwarves? or hear about them I guess I should say. I guess there's a bit about them in the new WD. Anyway, looking forward to actually seeing these guys, myself. I may need more dwarves and I like a good variety (since I'm not doing an army per se)
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Concreteus

Post by Concreteus » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:23 pm

Thank you for all your positive comments.
Guildenstern wrote:and did you see the new GW dwarves? or hear about them I guess I should say. I guess there's a bit about them in the new WD. Anyway, looking forward to actually seeing these guys, myself.
I heard about these a long time ago and have been waiting for them to be released. One of the big downsides to collecting dwarfs for me was their lack of a big centerpiece kit. But when I found out that the big salamander riding dwarf thing was coming out it made my choice to paint dwarfs a lot easier. Can't wait for plastic slayers.

Kdeff

Post by Kdeff » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:02 pm

Concreteus wrote:Thank you for all your positive comments.
Guildenstern wrote:and did you see the new GW dwarves? or hear about them I guess I should say. I guess there's a bit about them in the new WD. Anyway, looking forward to actually seeing these guys, myself.
I heard about these a long time ago and have been waiting for them to be released. One of the big downsides to collecting dwarfs for me was their lack of a big centerpiece kit. But when I found out that the big salamander riding dwarf thing was coming out it made my choice to paint dwarfs a lot easier. Can't wait for plastic slayers.
Dragoslayer riding a Dragon I wanna
[/b][/i]
Get 'em boyz!
Dakka dakka dakka!
WAAAGH! THE ORKS!
WAAAGH!
- Rotgob, Ork strategist

Concreteus

Post by Concreteus » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:07 am

Pictures of the new models are out now. The big lizard riding slayer is out and looks good as do the new plastic slayers. Can't wait to add them to my force.

Kdeff

Post by Kdeff » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:14 am

Concreteus wrote:Pictures of the new models are out now. The big lizard riding slayer is out and looks good as do the new plastic slayers. Can't wait to add them to my force.
Where did you find these ?
[/b][/i]
Get 'em boyz!
Dakka dakka dakka!
WAAAGH! THE ORKS!
WAAAGH!
- Rotgob, Ork strategist