Sperians Ork Waaagh WIP (pic heavy)

Post your painting WIPs here!
genso6
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entries

Re: Sperians Ork Waaagh WIP (pic heavy)

Post by genso6 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:32 pm

Awesome stuff as always Sperian.

Question: how does the crew compartment of the Goliath compare to the back of a battlewagon. Do you think it would be hard to convert the "roof" of the BW where the box turret goes to sit comfortably on a Goliath's rear? Your kitbash looks truly excellent but not quite ramshackle enough for me to want to use it as a truck...it does look appropriately sturdy for a Wagon though, and it comes with its own mean deffrolla to boot!

Additional comment: make sure to add a trigger to your mek's kustom mega-blasta before he's painted! ;)
Fantasy
Throng of Karak Hirn: 1750 points
Men of the Ostermark: 2000 points
Orcs: 2000 points
Tzeentch WoC: 1500 points

Space Wolves: 2000 points
The Irongrad Renegade Alliance: 1250
Mordian 81st: 1000 points
Orks: 1250 points

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:13 pm

lovely! Like the checks a lot. I hate priming stuffs :( at least it looks like it's mostly the metals which is kinda good because then they just look more corroded ^_^
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

genso6
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by genso6 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:28 pm

Guildenstern wrote:lovely! Like the checks a lot. I hate priming stuffs :( at least it looks like it's mostly the metals which is kinda good because then they just look more corroded ^_^
I was going to say, while the metal is a bit rougher the leather and skin (excluding maybe the front of the jaw) look incredibly smooth! Maybe this mek isn't as imposing as his larger fellows and always gets the last pick of the shoddy scrap to tinker around with heh
Fantasy
Throng of Karak Hirn: 1750 points
Men of the Ostermark: 2000 points
Orcs: 2000 points
Tzeentch WoC: 1500 points

Space Wolves: 2000 points
The Irongrad Renegade Alliance: 1250
Mordian 81st: 1000 points
Orks: 1250 points

Guildenstern
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:22 pm

Ditto ^^

also what brown did you use on his trousers? really like it!

He looks awesome - honestly not sure how you could have done him any better lol

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:45 am

Sperian wrote:Thanks guys

Guildy- I actually sprayed the whole model with citadel mournfang brown as primer, washed with earthshade and then rehighlighted with mournfang. Mixed a bit of ushabti bone intent he brown for a final highlight

So got stuck in traffic today on my way to work and ended up mentally planning building a kill bursta/kill krusha tank from scratch out of Plasticard. I reckon it will be pretty straightforward apart from the tracks (the main problem with building any tank) so I might try some resin casting - which I have never done before.

What do you guys reckon? Has anyone ever cast tank tracks before?
Cool! must be the last step, I've used the mournfang (out of bottle) but didn't like how it came out. Bit too... red? for me I guess. Not one of my usual colours, I'm usually using the really dark browns.

Funny how our minds work! lol Glad to hear you planning new projects - I haven't yet started resin casting, even though I picked up all the stuff for it :( so only advice I could give you is mostly get the mold release for sure. I think Nappen did a vid on it tho, but maybe I'm thinking of Epic Duck's? Anyway, you might check their youtubes.

Sad I just missed out on an ebay auction for some tracks :( lol I may need to learn from your experience here so I can make some too ;)

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:51 am

Hey Sperian! How do you do? It's been a while we last talked. Thanks for your support on my WiP thread! My friend really appreciates it! I think your lastest Big Mek looks great despite what you think. We are often overcritical about our own work. I always feel this way about the historical papers I write for my studies at the university, but I get positive comments from people reading them.

I'm just reading that you will do another Mega Armored Big Mek. I've always loved these, especially the one with the Tellyport Blasta. I really like how it looks. I know that the KFF is much better, but do you plan to have at least one equiped this way just for the rule of cool? Or maybe you already do and just missed it.

I'm really excited by your scratch built Kill Bursta or Kill Crusha tank project. I already know that it will look awesome, whatever direction you choose. :)
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Litanyoffury
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Litanyoffury » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:42 pm

Your orks are splendid! Really great work you should be very proud, you've managed to get them to look like they all have a story and that is something I really like to see.
It's grim? It's dark? Sounds like my thing .....