Citadel Paint Transfer to Dropper Bottles

Post your painting WIPs here!
Vault
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Re: Citadel Paint Transfer to Dropper Bottles

Post by Vault » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:21 pm

Epic Duck Mike wrote:Well, those 5ml bottles might come in handy if you end up custom-mixing colours for an army, or making your own washes.
Oh hey that's an idea. i was sure I could come up with something to use them for.
Get thee to a shrimpery!
Tau - 1849 points
Space Marines - 2333 points
Necrons - 3185 points
Tyranids - 3339 points
Orks - 1300 points
Lizardmen - 938 points

TigerDave
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by TigerDave » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:41 pm

Okay - so, I went the stainless steel ball bearing route:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150882913102 in the US. I'm sure if you type in 6mm Stainless Steel Ball Bearings you will get the link. Less than two bucks for 50. Score.

rhothy
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by rhothy » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:33 am

how did u get the labels onto the new bottles?
40k - Tyranids - 7k pts (Forgeworld 2k pts)
40k - Tau - 3k pts
Fantasy - Orcs & goblins 5k pts
Warmachine - Menoth 50 pts
Blood Bowl - humans, orcs, halflings, skaven

"If only painting miniatures was as easy and fast as buying them."

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:13 am

yeah, I got the wrong size and have not moved them over yet :(

Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:28 am

rhothy wrote:how did u get the labels onto the new bottles?
they peel right off
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

shirlzknight
Now we're getting somewhere...

Post by shirlzknight » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:34 am

Hi guys, I haven't read all the posts so a quick sorry if I am repeating any information. I just wanted to share that dropper bottles are quite expensive to buy from hobby stores but I found a cheaper alternative in the form of e-cig juice bottles (they are the same just sold for a different purpose) a Chinese webstore sells them at five for $2.37 US which isn't bad in comparison. I got the 15ml bottles and transferred all my Citadel Air paints as these particularly annoyed me having to waste time(and paint) with pipettes etc. I am new to the forum (this is my first post other that an intro post) so I am unsure atm of what links I am allowed to provide here . If anyone wants to know where to get them just shoot me a PM or better still if I am allowed to mention the name of the company let me know and I'll add it on to this post.
On to the theme of the post I share the pain with the Citadel pots- they are horrible aren't they! Paints only a few weeks old requiring constant attention in the form of digging out dried paint from round the rim of the lid. A design blunder...or is it? I wonder sometimes!
I always keep empty pots and now I have transferred all my Air paints to droppers I have a load of spare empties, I use these to swap with the dried messy lids and clean them up ready for the next time they require swapping. I may get round to transferring all my Citadel paints into droppers but I own the entire range and it would be a bit of a pain of a job.

I just noticed the great price for 50 bottles! Under $10!! wow I thought I'd got a good deal ..you live and learn !!