Guildenstern's Armies (Now with moar Green)

Post your painting WIPs here!
Guildenstern
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Guildenstern's Armies (Now with moar Green)

Post by Guildenstern » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:47 pm

*edit* Adding Army List To Be Done & Completed Here! *edit*
maybe this will help me keep it in mind, as well as be able to find it again :P

Skaven
Models Done!

- Clan Rats (1 Claw, (20))
- Warp Lightning Cannon (1)
- Lord Skrolk (done 3/17/15)
- Doomwheel Old style (Done 5/14/15)
- Hellpit Abomination
- Doomwheel (New style)
- Ikit Claw
- Warlord (from IoB)
- Lord Skrolk
- Plague Monks (35)
- Rat Ogres (X4)
- Warpfire Thrower (X2)
- Plague Furnace (done 10/15)
- Screaming Bell
- Verminlord

Models Assembled
- Assassin
- Clan Rats (1 claw (20))
- Stormvermin (20)
- Plague Monks (49)
- Giant Rats (69)
- Hellpit Abomination

Models In Box (or Blister)
- Clan Rats (3 boxes)
- Grey Seer (X2)
- Gutter runners (x6)
- Hellpit Abomination
- Plague Censor Bearers (X6)
- Poison Wind Globadiers (X5)
- Queek
- Ratling Canons (X2)
- Skaven Warlord (X2)
- Stormfiends (1 box)
- Stormvermin (metal X39)
- Warlock Engineers (X2)
- Warp Lightning Cannon/Plague Claw
- Thanquol and Boneripper

Models to be purchased

1 Stormfiends Box
1 unit Warlock Jezzails
1 Doomflayer (maybe)

Orks!
Models Done
Painboy
Boyz - 10 boyz
5 Deffkoptaz

Models Assembled
Boyz (X2) - 20 boyz
Nobz Box (X2) - 10 nobz
Lootas Box - 5 Lootas/burnas
Kaptin Budruk
Trukk (X3 WIP)
Deffkoptaz (6)

Models in Box/Blister
Ork Bikers (6)

Models to be Purchased

FW Ork Biker Boss
Warbuggy (X2 maybe)
Dakkajet
More Boyz

Playboy's Necrons

Models Done
20 Necron Warriors
1 Ghostark
1 Nightscythe
3 Scarab Swarms

Models Assembled
5 Deathmarks/Immortals
1 Overlord
1 Triarch Stalker

Models in Box/Blister
3 Scarab Swarms
20 Necron Warriors

Models to be Purchased
2 Nightscythes (so he can give his brother's back)
?

Non-GW Stuffs

Malifaux

Gremlins! Born on the Bayou (theme)

Models Done
Somer
Slophaulers (X2)
Lenny
Skeeters (X2)
Bayou Gremlins (X8)
Hog Whisperer
Wild Boars (X3)
Sammy LaCroix
Whiskey Golem
Bert Jensen

Models Assembled
Pigapult
Piglets (X3)

Models in Box/Blister
Closing Time (Brewmaster crew box)
Gracie
Nightmare Whiskey Golem
Creative Taxidermy (Taxidermist and Boomy pigs box)
Warpig
War Rabbit
Lucky Effigy
Wong
Rooster Riders

Models to be Purchased
Ulix box
The Kin
Bayou Gators
Lightning Bugs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yay I finally got enough done I felt I could start my army WIP thread!

My first army's going to be Skaven although I'm still working out what clan, etc. So my banner's aren't done yet, as I'm playing with designs. I intend to come up with a couple ideas/motifs that I can incorporate into the whole army (eventually) in various subtle and not so subtle ways. We'll see how that goes hah

Bit of rehash this (from my 'first rat' thread) - these are Skaven clanrats I first put together. I only had the box for like two years before starting them... lol

The current project I'm working on mostly (put Stormvermin aside for the moment). A Warp Lightning Cannon, still unassembled. Most of the painting is done, I've dry fit it a bit, to figure how to put it together & still have metal parts to finish, highlight and wood to wash and dry brush. Also, still putting rust on the iron bits of the main frame and wheels.

The cannon itself is basically done. I like how the rust came out ok, I was trying for a bit more orange maybe? but at least it looks like rust I think. I used the technical paint for the green copper 'rust', just wasn't confident enough yet to try to mix something up.

I painted the wheels a couple of different colours of wood, to make it seem more ... Skaven-y. I've not done the wash yet, so they're not quite as well matched and "old" looking as I'd like yet. Not trying to match colours as much as states of wear and tear, really.

These are the company of Stormvermin I'm working on. I went ahead and made a leader, musician and standard bearer - that may not be their final configuration in the actual army. I'm still trying to get other models, tally points, etc. Anyway:

Models I'm looking forward to acquiring and painting are the Doomwheel, probably the Screaming Bell, plague monks, warplock jezzails, another warp lightning cannon, poison wind globadiers, ratling gun (probably two), skavenslaves (w/ slings)*, and Lord Skrolk*.

We'll see I guess, I'm still making up a list (I love having goals). I'm not really sure how it'll all fit together as an army yet, but I'm very keen to get the above for the models themselves (painting and collecting) at this point if naught else.

*those are the ones I currently own already.
Last edited by Guildenstern on Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Dez: "PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!"
Guildy's WIP thread (mostly Skaven)
Guildy's weeklypaint thread! (everything mostly not Skaven!)

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Guildenstern's WIP

Post by Dez » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:48 am

Very nice start, I really like the color scheme you've picked. Stormvermin are some of my favorite models along with the Doomwheel, I love Skaven!

You may want to consider a Hellpit Abomination. Fun model to assemble (I somehow did it without instructions...) and is a beast in game.
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:53 am

Looking good so far and I have to agree with Dez on the Storm Vermin, they are really awesome looking models. Easily taking 2nd place behind Ikit Claw.
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Guildenstern
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Guildenstern » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:32 pm

Thanks guys! I really love the Storm vermin models too.

I stopped work on the warp lightning cannon to prime my IoB set I got (yay sales!). It was just too nice a day here in GA to pass up. Low humidity is not something we're used to! Hopefully I'll get back on track now they're primed and get my cannon completed by the weekend.

(I also got the Storm vermin and my son's skeletons primed so yay it was a productive day!)

Guildenstern

Warp Lightning Cannon (99% done)

Post by Guildenstern » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:32 pm

Yeah so... apparently I was too naive to think I'd finish my cannon that weekend :P It took almost two more. Although to be fair, I've not done the crew yet. *really really* like this model. I ordered another one, too.

Rest of the army is slowly coming in (some new, most used, reminding hubby Christmas is coming again and momma needs a Hellpit abomination!). Also, trying to help son with his skeletons, should be easier for him to start with I figure.

So, 99% done means, I found a couple spots I just plain missed, there are a couple widgety things on the side that need 'corrosion', blood on front blades, and the base is almost done - going for muddy, trampled grass look, most of which you won't see as this form the cannon takes uses up most of the base plate.

Not totally happy with the pipes in the main frame - I was using gunmetal blue which worked great on the lightning cannon pipes but not so good on the rest of the pipes =/ I might try another coat but I think it'll be too difficult for me, now it's put together ><

as an aside, has anyone used a satin or gloss varnish on warpstone? Did you like it, if you did? I'm considering it, since I think it might look good but I don't know. And I don't want to screw up hours of labor.

(some glue on above at the back platform for the crew :( unfortunately I knocked it off painting other pieces and had to reglue it... used too much obviously and didn't notice it gummed up the sides a bit sigh)

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:01 pm

Weelllll, after like a month hiatus I have gotten my warp lightning cannon done! >< I need to try to find a way to work more hours into the day lol

Here are my updated pics - big change is just the crew is on, really. I did also change out the base as the bush I'd put on it caused the cannon to not fit right (live and learn, eh?):

Ok so this one is blown up quite a bit, trying to show the 'scope off. I'm pretty happy with how it came out. I had a vision and I managed to mostly achieve what I wanted with it. I'm sure the next time will be even better.

Basically I wanted a semi realistic lens. I searched google for a good reference picture of how light plays on a lens and I tried to copy that as well as I could, at a much smaller scale of course. Then I used the 'ardcoat to try to give it the reflective character a bit, and I think it did ok. If I could have possibly applied two smaller coats, building up to more of a sphere in the center, I think it would do better.

Mr Engineer has been fending off attackers there! Little blood on your (massive) spanner is all in a day's work for a Skavenrat.

Charge! That way to the enemy!

Dez
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:13 pm

Bang up job!

Guildenstern

***UNDER CONSTRUCTION***

Post by Guildenstern » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:19 pm

Just making my list! These aren't all going into an army, I'm a lot more towards the collector and painter part of the spectrum (though I fully intend to use them to build an army eventually).

Models Done!
Painted, protected and crated!

- Clan Rats (1 Claw, (20))
- Warp Lightning Cannon (1)
- - Lord Skrolk (done 3/17/15)
- Doomwheel Old style (Done 5/14/15)

Models to be Done!

- Clan Rats (2 claws assembled, 2 in box)
- Stormvermin (40, 20 assembled, 20 in box)
- Hellpit Abominations (1 assembled, 1 in box)
- Warp Lightning Cannons (2 unassembled)
- Plague Furnace/Bell (ordered!!!!!)
- Stormfiends (1 box, unassembled)
- Plague Monks (40, still assembling some from parts, probably buying more)
- Ikit Claw (mostly assembled, 90% painted)
- Grey Seer X2 (in box, one new one, one old one)
- Skaven Warlord (in box)
- Verminlord (in box! yeah babeh!)
- Thanquol and Boneripper (*need*)
- Gutter runners (x4) (X2 on the way woot)
- Poison Wind Globadiers (X3)
- Warpfire Thrower (X2)
- Plague Censor Bearers (X2)
- Doomwheel X2 (2 new)
- Warlock Engineers (X2, ordered)
- Ratling Cannons (X2, forgot to put them on list somehow ><)

At some point I may break down and put all my non Warhammer, and non Skaven stuff up too, but probably not. I'm not sure I want to list everything lol
Last edited by Guildenstern on Fri May 15, 2015 7:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Arnathos
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:23 am

That is quite a large list of things! It should be a great looking army when you get it all done! Also the warp lightning cannon looks good, can't wait to see more skaven!
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
WHFB:

Guildenstern

Post by Guildenstern » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:56 pm

updating a bit because apparently I never put a couple completed models in here

Guildenstern

Doomwheel update (also in my weekly paint)

Post by Guildenstern » Fri May 15, 2015 7:08 pm

Novayne
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Novayne » Sat May 16, 2015 5:42 am

Brilliant work! I am not too much of a fan of Skaven, however I do think you have done a very good job with yours! I especially like the cannon, the green crystal on it looks quite stunning.

Shas-Woody
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Shas-Woody » Sun May 17, 2015 3:42 pm

Great banner! As good as the new Doomwheel is the old one holds it s own pretty well. It like a giant maniac wheel chair with skaven FDR on top.

Dez

Post by Dez » Mon May 18, 2015 9:43 am

Looks beautiful, I haven't even...well I haven't even had a chance to find the box.

Arnathos

Post by Arnathos » Mon May 18, 2015 11:09 am

I didn't even remember that the previous doomwheel was so cool, much more stylish than the new one. Also, great work on the paintjob! :D

My only suggestion would be a bit of a moot/scorpion green highlight on the edges of the warpstone, but that is just a personal preference!
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
WHFB: