Tomb Kings in Spess

Post your painting WIPs here!
MrChaos
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Re: Tomb Kings in Spess

Post by MrChaos » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:40 pm

Ok, taking a rest from the campy robot sound effects.

I tried playing Necron and Tau as allies and I was impressed by the Tau's firepower. I wanted to buy a Riptide and a Battlesuit Commander. But then I taught, why not create a Necron version of them?

Thus began the conversion of the XV104 Riptide, using Tomb Blades, Annihilation Barge and a Tomb Stalker.

I admit this conversion was heavily followed by this picture.

http://blog.spikeybits.com/2013/03/conv ... ntest.html

So in that I present to you, the Canoptek Destroyer!

My blog (Chaos Brushes)
http://chaosbrushes.blogspot.com/

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:48 pm

....mother of god..... this guy right here
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

Marit Lage
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Marit Lage » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:02 pm

Any way to make those legs a little less spindly? Also, I can't wait to see how you convert up the other units.
Chaos Space Marine Tactica (old)
Models painted in 2017:
Exalted Champion
85 Chaos Cultists
3 Chaos Bikers

MrChaos
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by MrChaos » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:58 pm

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I have beefed up the legs with additional armour to make it less thin. Please tell me how it is.

Oh and I will be attaching a Tau Commander on to my Riptide. Rules says IC can't attach to single models, but the Riptide can take shield missile drones, which then turns it into a unit therefore making the Riptide joinable and receiving the Commanders buff.

Anyway I started work on a suitable Tau Commander for my Necrons, and I came to a conclusion. Wouldn't it be cool for the Riptide a.k.a the 'Canoptek Destroyer' be commanded by none other than a 'Canoptek Prime'!? BAM! Nailed it. Using the bitz I have from the Necron components used to build the Canoptek Destroyer, I worked on converting a suitable Canoptek Prime. The results, a towering monster of a machine with spider legs. I leave the pictures for your viewing pleasure. I had great fun brainstorming and converting this machine beasts.

Now I need to build two more units for my Tau detachment:

Shielded Missile drones. Can anyone give me some ideas and tips on how to build say... a Canoptek Drone?

20 Kroots. I am loving the Kroots as outflankers. I need to make a suitable 'feral' Necrons, and the only thing I can come up with are Necron Flayed Ones. So imagine, Flayed Ones draped with the flesh of their victims wielding Synaptic Disintegrators?
My blog (Chaos Brushes)

Khornate

Post by Khornate » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:05 pm

For the drones maybe make something resembling a larger Scarab?
Many of my best friends are Wargamers, and only a few of them are transvestites. Yours faithfully, MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall Khornate, Mrs. P.S. I have never kissed the moderators of the Miniwargaming forum.

painterofpaint
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by painterofpaint » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:17 pm

Yeah, perhaps larger flying scarabs carrying tiny tesla weapons?
English isn't my mother language.
3000+ points of Chaos Space Marines.
Impurity shall be our armour, Hate shall be our weapon, Immortality shall be our reward!

drsergen
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by drsergen » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:26 pm

holy crap the the cool in this thread is to damn high.!!!! i wanna see canoptek everything!!!
twitter: @drsergenpaintin instagram: drsergenpainting facebook: Drsergenpainting

MrChaos
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by MrChaos » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:54 pm

Thanks for the feedback and ideas regarding the Shielded Missile Drones, Here is the Canoptek Drones.

My blog (Chaos Brushes)

MrChaos
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by MrChaos » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:29 pm

Canoptek Drones (Tau Shielded Missile Drones) done.

And a size comparision of the Canoptek Destroyer, Primes and Drones, to a Necron Warrior.

My blog (Chaos Brushes)

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:48 pm

This blew the pants right off of me, and I'm sitting down.
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Shas-Woody
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Shas-Woody » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:09 pm

You are truly a plastic kit master and I'm going to have to steal your orb technique . Any new visions for the krootish flayed ones? This thread gets better and better every time I visit.

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:57 pm

I love these!!!!

Crap, I just drooled on my keyboard.

Oceangrave0
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:06 pm

I now have to get a necron army so i can do with to a tau army to ally.... i gotta wonder how are you gonna do basic troops? or is it gonna be a suit army?
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

MrChaos
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by MrChaos » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:11 pm

Canoptek Prime (Tau Battlesuit Commander) done!

Oceangrave0 wrote:I now have to get a necron army so i can do with to a tau army to ally.... i gotta wonder how are you gonna do basic troops? or is it gonna be a suit army?
I will be using 2 Squads of 10 man Kroots for outflanking.
My blog (Chaos Brushes)

Oceangrave0

Post by Oceangrave0 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:01 pm

MrChaos wrote:
Oceangrave0 wrote:I now have to get a necron army so i can do with to a tau army to ally.... i gotta wonder how are you gonna do basic troops? or is it gonna be a suit army?
I will be using 2 Squads of 10 man Kroots for outflanking.
i mean how are you gonna convert them, or will you just use the basic models?
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Return to “Work In Progress”