Sniperfex's Deathwatch Project & other thingies

Post your painting WIPs here!
Sniperfex
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Re: Sniperfex's Deathwatch Project & other thingies

Post by Sniperfex » Sun May 21, 2017 6:47 pm

So bought this amazing model, can't wait to paint her.

Made myself a Swarmlord too, since this picture was taken I added a deceased Ultrasmurf to the base.

AND THE BIG REVEAL, DRUM ROLL PLEASE!
Correctomundo, a Commission for a friend for his Rowboat Girlyman, since this photo was taken he's been tidied up a little

"Do you really want to waste your time
Wake up and live your life
I want to be your chemical ride"

Sniperfex, ruining people's hopes and dreams since 1993

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by LordMcAllister » Mon May 22, 2017 10:57 am

What range is the first mini (the lady) from?

I have to say your Primarch looks great! I'd even say it's about one of your best painted minis so far (as far as I remember), even better than the genestealer cultists, which I liked already!
Painted in 2018:
AdMech: 2 Vanguard
Marines: 1 Rhino, 6 Primaris Intercessor, 1 Captain in gravis armour, 1 Scribbus Wretch
Shadespire: 4 Sepulchral Guard

Arnathos
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Tue May 23, 2017 2:34 am

Great job on Girlyman! Love all the little details you did on the backpack! The sword looks awesome as well!
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Wed May 24, 2017 3:32 pm

Awesome work on super smurf! You did great! Glad to see that you have a Swarmlord. The Tyranids preview for the next edition made it sound like he would be an ultimate close combat monster. The changes they are going to get will make them unstoppable again hopefully!
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Sniperfex
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Sniperfex » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:15 am

LordMcAllister wrote:What range is the first mini (the lady) from?

I have to say your Primarch looks great! I'd even say it's about one of your best painted minis so far (as far as I remember), even better than the genestealer cultists, which I liked already!
The mini is from Anvil Industry's Afterlife Game, something I've actually wanted to buy models for but have yet to get the chance.

And thanks, it was a commission job so I had to put my heart and soul in to it :D :D :D

I'm currently helping the Gamesworkshop Manager near where I'm living getting some of the Dark Imperium stuff painted up for use on the 17th, I've mainly been focusing on the Pox Walkers, but other than that, my current pieces that I've been working on is an Ork Battle Wagon and my Heresy era Alpha Legion Tactical Squad. Would show pictures, as well as some minor improvements on Robust Gillybutt, but the process of getting them uploaded on my phone right now would take a while :roll:

Sniperfex

Post by Sniperfex » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:17 am

Kovlovsky wrote:Awesome work on super smurf! You did great! Glad to see that you have a Swarmlord. The Tyranids preview for the next edition made it sound like he would be an ultimate close combat monster. The changes they are going to get will make them unstoppable again hopefully!
Double post, just saves me editing. I've sneaked in a peak of the new Indexes, and Nids have gotten A LOT better

Sniperfex

Post by Sniperfex » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:29 pm

So I decided to start an Ork army, on top of my ever expanding Nids, Genecults and Deathwatch (which I haven't added to for a while)

Opted for a Death Skullz Clan for the majority of my work, but my Mekka Mob (or the Kan Klan as I like to call them) are going to be of varying colours as they are the humor side of my Ork army.

My Chimera Transport which I've gutted and attempted to convert in to a Goliath Truck (Or Trak as I like to call it)

I also started work on my Pre Heresy Era Alpha Legion

And I painted the Pox Walkers belonging to the Gamesworkshop store in Swansea, complete with a permission given Rick and Morty

and I also entered a Painting competition for the Chapter of Gamesworkshop Swansea

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by LordMcAllister » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:35 am

The Swansea Chapter is a bit to colourful to my personal taste, though you painted the scheme nicely! I really like your "Cronenbergs", as I will call them, picking up on your Rick and Morty reference (awesome show!). ;)
The metallic look on your Alphas is also pretty cool. How did you like the FW-paint?
Painted in 2018:
AdMech: 2 Vanguard
Marines: 1 Rhino, 6 Primaris Intercessor, 1 Captain in gravis armour, 1 Scribbus Wretch
Shadespire: 4 Sepulchral Guard

Sniperfex

Post by Sniperfex » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:59 am

I love them, they make painting Alpha Legion so much easier.

At first I did think my paint job looked a tad bright, it's slightly darker in person but I needed the flash on to take the picture otherwise it wouldn't had come out right. I did base the colour scheme on the new Wonder Woman costume though, I would of painted the "W" on the shoulder, but my free hand ain't that good :roll:

on a side note, a smaller update today.

I wanted to share a picture of my Genecult army as well, but the picture wouldn't upload for some reason.

and here's a picture of my first winged Hive Tyrant slowly getting some paint on it

The carapace colours on my nids are going to be pretty much 100% the same on all of them. But the skin tone will vary. Some will be Agrax Earthshade, some Reikland Fleshshade, and some will be Seraphim Sepia.

EDIT; Genecult photo just uploaded.

if anyone wants a close up of any of my models, simply ask :D

Sniperfex

Post by Sniperfex » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:56 pm

New information. A guy who I was painting Imperial Fists for, no longer wants them, so it looks like I'm starting a Crimson Fists army.

Pictures posted tomorrow (or Monday) of what I currently have

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:40 am

Girlyman looks awesome.

Sniperfex

Post by Sniperfex » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:32 pm

Well. Pictures won't save to my photo bucket currently so may as well list it

1 Captain Lysander (going to be the new 1st captain of the Crimmies)
5 Sternguard (going to be a squad of 10 down the line, just need the parts
5 terminators
5 cataphract terminators with storm shield and thunder hammer
5 devastators with 4 lascannons
2 five man tactical squads
And a Techmarine

General-Kroll
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by General-Kroll » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:26 am

I'm not far from Swansea haha Never been into the GW there since it moved from its original location though. Usually just go to the Carmarthen one now. Your dudes look awesome, I'm looking forward to seeing the Swarmlord painted up.

Also, your Rick and Morty remind me of the Cronenberg R&M

Sniperfex

Post by Sniperfex » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:22 am

General-Kroll wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:26 am
I'm not far from Swansea haha Never been into the GW there since it moved from its original location though. Usually just go to the Carmarthen one now. Your dudes look awesome, I'm looking forward to seeing the Swarmlord painted up.

That's fair, I'm from Pembrokeshire originally, but a student at swansea Uni. I haven't been to the GW in Camarthan, but there is a local store I go to here in Pembrokeshire

ANYWHO. In recent events of Photobucket changing some policies, and charging individuals $400 a year for posting to 3rd party sites. Reworking this WIP will take some time, the photo's are ready to be uploaded but due to the fact I have no job right now, most of my attention has been given to that and completing painting commissions. Would very much appreciate your patience in the matter.

Very thankful to you chaps for understanding.

To... I mean Sniperfex *kiss*

Raschier
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by Raschier » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:21 am

You might want to try imgur for putting photos on third party sites. It is still free to do so their. Good luck with fixing the problems, I am looking forward to see more models. :)