Cam's WiP: Re-enlisting.

Post your painting WIPs here!
camsmclean
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entries

Cam's WiP: Re-enlisting.

Post by camsmclean » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:11 pm

Well Ive had my guard for a long time and have been fixing em up lately. Want to start gettig some 6th ed games in. I have stripped some of my old guys and dug out some other ones I never got around to painting.

Steel legion, Ive had for years. Getting started, shouldnt take long.

Valk, Ive had for years! Might put flames onn the wings.... still lots to do.

Space Wolf allies.

So, I have Ratlings, Creed, Kell, Psyker, All the advisors, sw teams, snipers, Catchan stuff. I also have 2 shadowswords and tonnes of tanks to get around to. Stay tuned for that!
Fantasy: WoC = 5000, Daemons = 3000, Dwarfs = 4000
40k: IG = 9000, SW = 4000
Warmachine: Cryx = 200
Hordes: Skorne = 100
All 100% Painted

camsmclean
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entries

Re: Cam's WiP: Re-enlisting.

Post by camsmclean » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:54 pm

Well, been nice an quiet on the home front. Means progress on the Cadian 8th front!!!!

I made my catchan "Gangers". No natural colors in my army, all urban dwellers. So, I got these snipers in a trade and they have leaves on the cloaks! I just did them my usual dark, think they look ok.

Im trying for some variety, so these guys are blue and my other sw will be reds.
Heres an idea (though a lil blurry) of what i want my SL to look like.

My Yes Men. Looks like the Fleet guy broke his nose! He spoke out of line.

Still have lots to do on the bases.
All 100% Painted

painterofpaint

Post by painterofpaint » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:39 pm

They look great, I really like the steel legion seargent.
English isn't my mother language.
3000+ points of Chaos Space Marines.
Impurity shall be our armour, Hate shall be our weapon, Immortality shall be our reward!

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:04 am

I love your snipers and yes men(advisors?), they look awesome.

I am also in favor of flames on the wings of that Valkyrie!
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

camsmclean

Post by camsmclean » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:12 pm

Thanks for the comments guys! Steel legion is one of my favorites of the regiments. I also just ordered some Vostrian during the sale, Id like one of each of the regiments (Mordian, Talarn), but man they are expensive, maybe time to look used.

Im well underway on the valk, I did flames, I also did a toothy grin on the front... I also butchered a Gnoblar who I placed in the turbine (ala Indiana Jones/Captin America). Ill get pics up later.

Finished up my Steelers:

The Big Boss and his puppy:

And this guy was the reason Im doing SW as allies, hes an old Gamesday Model.... I have another one, if anyone wants to buy one!!!

The main guy had a huge axe in his hand.... making painting his face hard! I cut the axe off with intentions of putting it back.... than my son was playing lego!

One of these termies is an old (and I was told LEAD) model.... cookie if you can pick out Ol' Leadie (Im not sure if he is lead, bare metal hes an odd grey/silver, I also have some Guard who are "supposed to be lead", did GW make lead in the RT days?

Right now, Im about done some SW teams, and working on that valk!
After the valk, I have gotten out my shadowsword, its only primed, so shouldnt take too long.
I also have a space wolf battalion and some more termies to paint up!
All 100% Painted

painterofpaint

Post by painterofpaint » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:06 am

the left one clearly, his knee pads both have a imperial symbol, his shoulder pads are smaller, the top part of his body armour is smaller and not as rectangle as the right one and his twinlinked bolter looks kinda odd to me.

Anyways, I really like those 2 colour eyes, and the rocket launcher guy, any reason why a plasma gun is attached to the rocket launcher?xD
English isn't my mother language.
3000+ points of Chaos Space Marines.
Impurity shall be our armour, Hate shall be our weapon, Immortality shall be our reward!

DaOrkyBitz
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by DaOrkyBitz » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:58 am

That weathered effect you are doing..do you just do excessive drybrushing? I want to add a similar effect to my blood angel assault marines.

I was thinking of getting a dull red, adding a bit of white. Then drybrushing them after doing the basecoat. Would this been an effective way to make my models look weathered?

Bigfi

Post by Bigfi » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:31 am

Hey cam!! Real life finally got calm and i'm back in the hobby. we should definitely get some games in! shoot me a text, i'm not on the forums very often.
fool me once shame on me, fool me twice... BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!
Cryx, Circle, CSM, and BA armies

camsmclean

Post by camsmclean » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:30 pm

The Plasma is just for fun mostly. My Guard have enough grenades and flames and such, what I needed was a bit more Plasma/Melta, so I just cut off the rocket and stuck that on there.

@DaOrkyBitz: Ya, mostly dry brushing. I start with the darkest I can get (dark blue or grey) than brsuh up lighter and lighter colors. Than I wash black and than re-wash (or use the shades from GW) with blue. Keeps the dark shades, but pops out the blue again. Id say try that with red, start dark and brush up to lighter color, wash black, than wash red.

My Guard would love a chunk of chaos Bigfi, Ill text you this week, my sons on march break, so would be a good time.

And now some more stuff, with Valk pics!!!!

Somehow I have like 4 banners, VIA trades and such, lol:
Next to be painted:
A reaper Zombie guy, he has what looks like a Nid on his back... I was thinking he possesd by a nid or something:
His undead crew, I got these from MWG they are the mantic undead line, Id reccomend checking them out
When I say defence you clap 3 times ok?
And now, my fav, man Ive been loving this kit:
I have some grots hanging from achain that will go under.
Im open to ideas of course. My wife said I should put some corporate logos on it, like a NAScar.
All 100% Painted

IGfanatic
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Mods, please no more ribbons for me. They break!

Post by IGfanatic » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:33 pm

You should copy the hearts onto the wings. :3
Iggy's are proud and noble creatures.

The Jank Collective Youtube channel.