Switchblade's WIP ( Beware! Pic HEAVY)

Post your painting WIPs here!
Switchblade
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Switchblade's WIP ( Beware! Pic HEAVY)

Post by Switchblade » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:00 am

Hey everybody, I figured it was about time I got around to starting one of these. Some of you have already seen my work in the Deathmatch and MotM sections, but here is a place for me to ramble on and post what I've been up to, especially since I ALWAYS forget to post in the Painting Pledge. Kinda makes me wish I could have a bot do it for me, since I paint at least 3 days a week.

Here goes, my most current project.

Mulg the Ancient: Privateer Press

Untitled by Switchblade9, on Flickr

You'll have to pardon the dirty towel, I hate putting pewter minis on hard surfaces as they chip paint in less than a nanosecond.

Other completed projects!

"I find myself reaching for that giant underbed box of Legos from when I was still a kid for bits." - Switchblade
"Switchblade, you are my hero." - eNi

Check out my Painting Services
http://tinyurl.com/b38xlnp

Switchblade
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Switchblade's WIP ( Beware! Pic HEAVY)

Post by Switchblade » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:03 am

And even more completed projects

IMAG0304 by Switchblade9, on Flickr
IMAG0303 by Switchblade9, on Flickr
IMAG0301 by Switchblade9, on Flickr

IMAG0268 by Switchblade9, on Flickr
"I find myself reaching for that giant underbed box of Legos from when I was still a kid for bits." - Switchblade

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:56 am

I really like the tau. They have that battleworn feel.

Switchblade
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Switchblade » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:56 am

I really dislike the brand new almost tron like look of most tau, so I decided to take it to the other extreme. I commonly tell people that my tau were dug up by jawas.

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:26 pm

That really hits the look.

Switchblade
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Switchblade » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:09 pm

Soon as I finish basing all the rest, about 2k points worth) I'll be putting up some groups shots, the crisis suits and hammerhead/devilfish look the best IMO.

Switchblade
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Switchblade » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:54 pm

Mulg the Ancient, just waiting on a replacement base to be shipped, as somehow I lost the original. Oh well

Island of Blood High Elf Mage for Deathmatch, still need to clean up a few spots, but you get the general idea.

IMG_0256 by Switchblade9, on Flickr
IMG_0257 by Switchblade9, on Flickr
IMG_0258 by Switchblade9, on Flickr

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:57 pm

I like Mulg, I don't play fantasy (or whatever game he comes from), but looks like something that has been in a cave way too long.

Switchblade
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Switchblade » Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:50 pm

Haha, he's from Warmachine by Privateer Press. They make gorgeous models, but I have sworn off pewter for a long time now. Spend 3x time fixing him than actually painting him. This is after I sealed him six times and cleaned the pewter, etc. Very irritating.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:17 pm

Sure he isn't from Hordes? I like their warjacks, but like you, I just am tired of metal.

Switchblade
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Switchblade » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:23 pm

Whoops, meant to type WarmaHordes.

Switchblade
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Switchblade » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:54 pm

Smartah
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Smartah » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:20 pm

I love the mix of minis you have in here. Paint is looking good :D MOAR!
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!
Check out Smartah Studios on Facebook!
Follow me on Twitter! @Smartah

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
[X---------] Painted (10%)
Eldar
[X----------] Painted (4%)

Switchblade
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Switchblade » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:41 pm

One of the wonderful things about being a Contract Painter at my LGS, I get to work on ALOT of different Minis. Now that the holidays are over, I'll be back to painting every day, and posting as much as I can.

Switchblade
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Switchblade » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:35 pm

Spend most of yesterday doing this, getting high-quality photos (finally done with the Iphone camera!) of most of my completed work. About time!!

So, some of my other stuff. These Rat Ogres are a bit old, from a Deathmatch a few months ago.

ratogre8 by Switchblade9, on Flickr
ratogre4 by Switchblade9, on Flickr

A RPG (Pathfinder) Ezren.

ezren2 by Switchblade9, on Flickr