Resin Forge Store - The one stop shop for FW, GW and BL

Post your painting WIPs here!

Do these guys fit a sceme that shows the intial change to the Sons of Horus from the Luna Wolves?

No, they do not.
No votes
The color is to slight.
No votes
The color is not aqua green enough.
25%
The paint work is to sloppy.
25%
The conversions are the best thing about them.
25%
The conversion and paint jobs are crap.
No votes
Is the army unique?
25%

Total votes: 4

ResinForge
Now we're getting somewhere...

Resin Forge Store - The one stop shop for FW, GW and BL

Post by ResinForge » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:25 am

I will keep the talking short and pictures at Max.

Quick backstory is simple. They are a late Heresy Era Sons of Horus force. Taking place right after the fall of Horus.

I bring you my Legion Praetor, (also counts as Fabius Bile in regular 40k games)

He needs a bit more work around the servo skull (needs cables) and the 2 demon helpers need tools. Otherwise hes good to go. Does anything look "off"?

Still a bit of a WIP but here is the Standard Bearer and right hand man for the Praetor. He will get a shoulder pad on his right arm to match the Praetors. The left pad is a filed down astral claws pad that will be a large eye of Horus.

Oh and for the base, I will do all the armies bases at once. Gives them a very uniform look.

I will keep the talking short and pictures at Max.

Quick backstory is simple. They are a late Heresy Era Sons of Horus force. Taking place right after the fall of Horus.

I bring you my Legion Praetor, (also counts as Fabius Bile in regular 40k games)

He needs a bit more work around the servo skull (needs cables) and the 2 demon helpers need tools. Otherwise hes good to go. Does anything look "off"?

Still a bit of a WIP but here is the Standard Bearer and right hand man for the Praetor. He will get a shoulder pad on his right arm to match the Praetors. The left pad is a filed down astral claws pad that will be a large eye of Horus.

Oh and for the base, I will do all the armies bases at once. Gives them a very uniform look.

I was digging around my bits stores inventory for what I need to make the first 3 Breachers. I plan to include 2 ten man units, each with 2 grav guns.

These first 3 show the modified shield designs and the studded mk2 shoulder pad, similar to the studded mk4 pads. Those gave me the idea for a more heavy armor mk2 but not quite mk3.

I went ahead and decided to include a Siege Breaker as my Lt in the army. Seems fitting since the vast troops choice will be filled with Breachers.

I went rather heavy on the conversion, using tiny bits from several FW kits. It took me a bit of time to remove the bits used from my bits store but it was well worth it based on how sweet the conversion came out!

With his Wrecker and Tank hunter special rules, I built 2 semi unique weapons. A "Chain Claw" basically a lightning claw with Wrecker and a modified combi bolter with more detailed Melta for the Tank Hunter ability. I still need to add some antenna to represent his Vox.

Paint is still very much in progress but I did want to see how the scheme will look.

I do plan to add weather pigments and other goodies but not until the army is painted to an equal level. Its the only real way to get the same results with weathering on them all.

Almost done with the Siege Breaker. He still needs a few minor touch ups and tuft grass added to the base. other then that, hes good to go.

Comments? Thoughts?

On a side note, Resin Forge (link in sig) is now offering 20% off all FW bits, some GW weapons and now spreading into books, such as rulebooks, HH book Volume 1 and much more!

Just entire the discount code Discount20 upon checkout! And yes we do ship world wide for a flat rate of 5 dollars!
Last edited by ResinForge on Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dragon
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Re: Resin Forge Store - The one stop shop for FW, GW and BL

Post by Dragon » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:22 am

so are you selling these minutres or is this a work in progress?
2015 Stats: W-6,L-2,T-1

Overall Stats:W-28,L-7,T-4

Not bad for skirt wearing marines! :P

ResinForge

Post by ResinForge » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:25 am

Dragon wrote:so are you selling these minis or is this a work in progress?
They are my personal army showing off what can be done with conversions using only GW and FW bits I sell in my bits store at http://www.resinforge.com

ResinForge

Post by ResinForge » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:28 am

If this should be moved to a project log section I do understand.

Thanks again for all the support and comments! Its whats keeping me motivated with updates all the time!

Next up is the 2nd Apothecary. hes made from more bits then I can count but if anyone is interested, I can break it down bit by bit if anyone wants to recreate it.

I wanted to show mutations begining as well as the fact he is still an Apothecary. I think the cloak and backpack really sell it.

What do you guys think! Paint wise im thinking the green with white to show hes an apothecary.

Comments as always are welcome, good or bad.!
Last edited by ResinForge on Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bigfi

Post by Bigfi » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:55 pm

this really should be two threads with the painting and conversions in the WIP section and you pushing product here
fool me once shame on me, fool me twice... BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!
Cryx, Circle, CSM, and BA armies

Marit Lage
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Marit Lage » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:38 pm

Bigfi wrote:this really should be two threads with the painting and conversions in the WIP section and you pushing product here
Chaos Space Marine Tactica (old)
Models painted in 2018:
2 Exalted Champion
Dark Apostle
Abaddon
7 Raptors
2 Chaos Bikers
5 Chaos Terminators
4 Custodians

ResinForge

Post by ResinForge » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:54 pm

Im not pushing product LOL. I replied to a question with an honest answer. At no time did I say here is my army that can be made with what i sell, so go to my store....

And then for someone else to quote that exact comment with no additional information is just well, how do I say it.. silly.

I do appreciate the comments guys and the votes above. I will work on maing the green more teal and fix the sloppy paint work. may I ask who ever thinks the work is sloppy could tell me exactly whats sloppy about it for me to fix?

Bigfi

Post by Bigfi » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:09 pm

ResinForge wrote:
They are my personal army showing off what can be done with conversions using only GW and FW bits I sell in my bits store at http://www.resinforge.com
Hence my confusion.

this should be a WIP. nobody was trying to be rude but low post count usually means new to the forum so i was giving you a heads up. never intended to offend.

ResinForge

Post by ResinForge » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:53 pm

Bigfi wrote:
ResinForge wrote:
Hence my confusion.

this should be a WIP. nobody was trying to be rude but low post count usually means new to the forum so i was giving you a heads up. never intended to offend.

Thank you :)

Bases need a bit more work but it gives you all an idea how the army itself will be based. These first 10 are for the siege breachers.

Speaking of the Breachers, I did more work on the vox guy as well as work on a soon to be better conversion for a lascutter.

A Luna
Gold Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by A Luna » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:57 am

moved to WIP section.
Smile!
Tomorrow's going to be worse

Me: "was eating cake whilst drinking. was good"
Jackmrnorris: "This man is close to nirvana. It is known."

CMON Gallery
Youtube

Bigfi

Post by Bigfi » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:15 pm

skulls worked into the bases are a nice touch but that might be my inner World Eater shining through. looking forward to more

ResinForge

Post by ResinForge » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:11 am

Ive go ahead and created a Facebook and Twitter page for better social contact with customers and to improve overall quality we offer. (i am more then willing to work out an advertising plan with the owners here or even a trade of services) (If this post violates anything, please remove and accept my apologies. Its 7 am.
About
Resin Forge is the one stop shop for all things hobby Resin parts, focusing on Forge World products for now with plans to expand into other lines, supplies, terrain and much more with your help!
Company Overview
Hey Guys and Gals, my name is Kim, One of the three co owners to our new store, Resin Forge!

I was introduced by a good friend to games workshop a few years back and have become not only a great enthusiast but active member in the hobby community.passion is making custom armies but most of all painting models!

The same goes for our other two co owners! As of right now we are focusing on Forge World Resin and do plan to spread to other game systems such as Infinity and Malifaux. We also plan to include tools, supplies and extra goodies to really spice up your custom armies!
General Information
The Resin Forge Store page for upcoming releases and questions regarding products and orders:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Resin-For ... 319?ref=hl

The Resin Forge Twitter page for more updates at a quicker pace direct to your mobile devices:

https://twitter.com/ResinForgecom
Please do add us on Facebook for deals and special offers as well as liking our page :) . Twitter is there for those that prefer it with both being linked to the actual webstore and system itself.

ResinForge

Post by ResinForge » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:40 pm

Sons of Horus Command Squad Legion Champion by Resin Forge

ResinForge

Post by ResinForge » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:48 pm