Exigent99's Second Entry

For all the entries of the competition and all related posts.
exigent99
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Exigent99's Second Entry

Post by exigent99 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:09 pm

Here's my second entry.....

Four ruined cityfight pieces. These were made with the intention of experimenting to make some reasonably nice cityfight terrain, very quickly and cheaply. They were made out of very basic and cheap materials, and were painted with three-four (depending on which piece) colors of spray paint...black, grey, brown, and white...and a small bottle of copper colored paint.

travis_bedsaul
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Re: Exigent99's Second Entry

Post by travis_bedsaul » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:13 pm

That's some really nice stuff!

I like the rust!

ieuanty
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by ieuanty » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:17 pm

nice any chance of revealing your secret to good cheap quick terrain?
you will bow down to the might of my space marine army

WOOT got A.O.B.R got 1100 points of marines and rising
next to buy land raider crusader/redemer box muhaha

exigent99
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by exigent99 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:01 pm

sure.....All you need is some found items that you can grab just about anytime, anywhere, some material for bases, and some spray paints.

These ruins were made from white packing styrofoam. Many times it comes in shapes that look neat, but you are best advised to break them up into random pieces, then create some ruins. When I do this, I literally just randomly tear the stuff up, and I usually come up with some really nice shapes, that look like they could be ruins. Also, other bitz and bobs are useful. Cardboard tubes, electrical boxes, etc.

Just glue your material onto your base, texture the ruins and the ground, and then spray paint with black, then a light coat of grey, and a lighter coat of brown. For details, you can add some warning signs off the internet and printed on a home printer.

If you want any instructions more specific than that, just ask, and I'll be glad to provide it.

Monster
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #9Completed a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Monster » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:10 am

i am very impressed!!!!! :) my only suggestion is to coat the styrofoam in glue, so the beads in it will show up less. i love it still, keep it up :D
I read your post 3 times and laughed each time. Dreadlord

Return to “Warhammer Terrain Making Contest (Related Posts Only)”