Dark elder 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
Some made up spacemarine chapter (possibly the Lunar fangs) 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
Necrons 36%  36%  [ 5 ]
Imperial guard 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 14
 Post subject: Hive Fleet Pluto
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:53 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Ive got rather bored gaming with hive fleet leviathan so I decided to create a new hive Fleet called hive fleet Pluto. Hive fleet Pluto is basically hive fleet leviathan except;
Scything talons are Abaddon black
Head chitin is Moot Green
There is a V pattern in Moot green on their carapace
Leg chitin is Moot Green.
Anyway, Im going to create some history,campagins etc so leave a comment on how it should go.

Post subject: Re: Hive Fleet Pluto
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:50 am 
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Awarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!
Necrons.. simply cuz there are hardly any accounts of the two groups fighting other than in the BA/Necron codex where they allied together (DAAAAMMMM YOOOOU MATT WARD!!! *waves fist violently* )

would be interesting, seeing as nids can't dissolve necron biomass consider their hive fleet pooling all their resources from unawakened tomb worlds and nearby worlds then launching assaults into the catacombs etc

but other than that, it sounds rather good

I do do. The cha cha.

War Cry:
"Overly Glorified Tickle Cannons Prevail!!!"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:58 am 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
Necrons and Dark Eldar would be interesting to work with :)

40k:
Orks (Badmoonz) = 3,701pts (Old Dex pts values)
Eldar = 906pts (currently using)
CSM (Iron Warriors) = 137pts (slowly starting)

Boltaction:

Planning on starting British (painting them to be Canadian)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:07 pm 
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Sniperfex wrote:
would be interesting, seeing as nids can't dissolve necron biomass consider their hive fleet pooling all their resources from unawakened tomb worlds and nearby worlds then launching assaults into the catacombs etc

I'm pretty sure Tyranids devourer whole planets, including buildings and the like (please confirm). I believe Tyranids can consume all matter, although some is more valuable than others.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:00 pm 
Silver Vault Member

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
The green colour could be some form of biological / symbiotic mechanism / mutation in an effort to absorb the energy that sustains the necron machine.

Now, I know nothing about the necron lore, but if they hive-fleet was able to consume this raw form of energy it might confer a certain glow as symbiotic parasites use the energy to form organic matter which is then consumed by the hive.... Similar to how leaf cutter ants take plant tissue (which they can not eat directly) and grow a fungus on them that they can ingest.

The necrons are a threat that are in the way and need to be dealt with by the hive fleet. Necessity dictates that the tyranids need to adapt to fuel the hive fleet for the next wave of galactic conquest.

Nex.

Edit: What do the necrons use for a power source?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:39 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Awarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!
Crusherfex wrote:
Sniperfex wrote:

I'm pretty sure Tyranids devourer whole planets, including buildings and the like (please confirm). I believe Tyranids can consume all matter, although some is more valuable than others.

that they do but it has been noted that Tyranids normally avoid conflict with necrons

Quote:
What do the necrons use for a power source?

they use a highly advanced form of particle energy, gauss weapons have the ability to strip away molecules of a target in a matter of seconds hence why nids normally avoid conflict because they wouldnt be able to replace the mass expended, if it was a world where there were other target prey then yes they would end up in conflict, but the gauss weapon itself strips away all mass on a sub atomic level... consuming it would be incredibly dangerous, that and there's an entry in the necron codex about a character who gave some orks a small group of doomsday arcs... the orks ruptured the fuel cells and the entire planet collapsed (i think)

I do do. The cha cha.

War Cry:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:42 pm 
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Don't Necrons need bodies now?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:47 pm 
Bronze Vault Member

Ribbons Earned: Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
I voted Tau, but the more I think about it, the more I agree with the majority that Necrons will make a good foe for your Hive Fleet. Tyranids typically avoid Necrons, and it'd be cool to see a Hive Fleet that actively hunts them down.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:55 pm 

Crusherfex wrote:
Don't Necrons need bodies now?
yes i think, i don't know anymore (darn you matt ward *shakes fist*), mind you its partly cuz nids know they won't get much bio mass out of the fights.. there's a small tomb world in the macragge sub sector which behemoth avoided

unless Tyranid evolved some way to absorb biomass on a sub atomic level that is

I do do. The cha cha.

War Cry:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:18 pm 
Silver Vault Member

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
Quote:
they use a highly advanced form of particle energy, gauss weapons have the ability to strip away molecules of a target in a matter of seconds

High energy particles, eh? Like Photons and photosynthesis?! My point is that raw forms of energy are used by organisms to convert inert chemical matter into covalently bonded organic structures.

Lets say that on an jungle like tomb world a small hive fleet attacked and, in the process of stripping the vegetative life from the planet, the tyranid force encountered an indigenous form of life that was somehow able to absorb this raw gauss energy. This small scarab like creature would glow as the gauss energy was slowly released and absorbed by pockets of ultra dense chitin. Drawing basic elements from the rocks and dead litter of the scorched bedrock, these scarabs were able to replicate quickly and pose a real parasitic threat to the sleeping necrons.

The genetic makeup of this organism would be absorbed, bond with the hive fleet, and became actively inserted into the rippers of the great swarm.

Unknown to the great psychic entity driving hive fleet pluto, this new organic process increased the metabolism of the modified organisms of the hive fleet. The ability to feed off of gauss energy stops becoming a simple alternate form of biomass to be absorbed - it becomes a necessity. The hive fleet is forced to feed on this power or become consumed by its own ravenous hunger for energy.

In order to survive, Pluto must search out the tomb worlds and consume them.

The rest of the hive fleets, seeing the pluto force as contaminated by the intoxicating need for this raw energy, will avoid the fleet entirely lest they too become infected.

Nex.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:05 pm 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Hrud