It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:35 pm 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
I've been reading the powers alot lately trying to find what are the best powers for each of the different Psykers, some powers are just very nice to have too and any model.... but...

What do you feel are the best powers for each Psyker?

Swarlord
Tyrant
Broodlord
Tervigon
Zoans
Doom

Also for each one which of thePrimaris Powers are best aswell?... This could be handy to know.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:45 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
I could see Biomancy being the best for just about any unit of ours. The first power on there alone would make it worth it for any of our Psykers.

High Elves - 5k

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:57 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Yeah the AP 2 A4 is very nice... say Bye bye termies

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:38 pm 
Bronze Vault Member

I finally got a chance to try it out today, a squad of 3 deep striking zoanthropes with Psychic Scream on each is devastating! forcing the opponent to take a leadership test on 3d6 3 times, negating armour and cover saves will do a lot of damage to most units. I wiped out an entire unit of Devastators hiding in cover in one round with this alone. I can see this being excellent against units bunkered down in cover especially snipers or even terminators out in the open.

I did learn though that I might have to expect seeing more honour guard riding around in land raiders though :|

Click to level up my tyrant on heresy-online

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:53 am 
Bronze Vault Member

I played a quick 2 on 2 game with my marines (and orks) vs nids and space marines.

The nid player knew zero about 6th so I helped him (especially with powers) and his hive tyrant spent the whole game at T8 or T9 due to iron arm!

When my plasma needed 6's to wound and melta's needed 5's... was painful. My side won the game but I fired like 1/2 my army at his hive tyrant/2 guards for much of the game and the hive tyrant lived... He got the same power on the broodlord but it was much less effective than I would have thought because it was in a mob of genestealers so when I shot them, it was all considered T4 still, even when the broodlord had T8 at one point and then due to the number of wounds he became the closest model and died exactly (look out sir saved a few wounds and he took exactly 3 wounds).

Vanilla Marines 6000

In that order!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:15 am 
Now we're getting somewhere...

In my last game with iron arm the swarm lord was str 9 to 9 with eternal warrior, mephiston was not happy in combat hehehehe. :twisted:

http://www.youtube.com/user/TeethandTalon?feature=guide

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:20 am 
Bronze Vault Member

I won another game yesterday using a tervigon that had Iron Arm and Endurance on him, beat abbadon in single combat (but I got a bit lucky-just a little actually) due to having 8-9S and T for a few turns, and a 5+ FNP save, and it will not die got me back a few wounds. He made it in with full wounds even after being shot a bunch due to all the same buffs.

I take 1 Hive Tyrant, 1 Tervigon, 2-3 zoans and just load up on biomancy. Iron Arm is key for the big mc's and then as much endurance as i can get!

Vanilla Marines 6000

In that order!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:59 am 
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Swarmlord/Tyrant - I always roll Biomancy for my Tyrants. I never ran a Swarmlord, but I would to the same for it too.

Broodlord- I would run Biomancy on it as well and never take smite. His BS 0 makes his choices limited. I have yet to run mine in 6th.

Tervigon- I always purchase a second power for mine and take one biomancy and one telekinesis. I love it when she gets TK Dome.

Zoans- I do not have any of these models so I never ran a brood. I would have at least one in the brood keep it's codex powers though. Lance is to sexy to pass up when facing certain lists.

Doom- He is hit or miss for me. Do or die. I ran Psychic Shriek on it with 0 results. One time I ran Biomancy and got hem, swapped for Smite. If it can get Iron Arm and drop close to some exposed units... =profit.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:02 pm 
Bronze Vault Member

drewman05 wrote:
Tervigon- I always purchase a second power for mine and take one biomancy and one telekinesis. I love it when she gets TK Dome.

Don't forget the tervigon has dominion as well so you have the potential to have three psychic powers to swap out

Click to level up my tyrant on heresy-online

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:17 pm 
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Cedonuli wrote:
drewman05 wrote:

Don't forget the tervigon has dominion as well so you have the potential to have three psychic powers to swap out

Yeah I know. But a Tervigon with 3 powers doesn't seem worth it to me that much since she is only Mastery Lv 1. Unless you really want a certain power at random for 15 more points.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:49 pm 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

I would really hope to get Iron Arm from the Biomancy tree on Doomie. Even just getting to T5 would make him so much more durable since he wouldn't be insta-gibbed by S8 shots anymore, even if he fails his 3++ :D

Although he'd lose his ranged capabilities (what with his large blast being swapped for Iron Arm), that 6" bubble around him would force your opponent to constantly be wary and would just be troll-tastic. Can't wait to try that out.

Though cold themselves, they burn the heart to ashes.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:14 pm 
Silver Vault Member

i got a game in a little while ago and my armored shell dakkatyrant got endurance and some other power that never saw the light of day (i think it was the toughness debuff) but with endurance on him i walked straight through the right side of a tau army and he came out with absolutely no wounds on him. he was perfectly ok. took out that entire half by himself. the game ended in a tie because it ended so early though :( wouldve tabled him with that model alone.

armies i play: tyranids (9000 pts), marines (4000 pts) orks (1750 pts) eldar (2500 pts) ig (3000 pts) lizardmen (2500 pts) high elves (3000 pts) cryx (100 pts) blindwater congregation (50 pts) trollbloods (25 pts)
current model count= 1000+

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:06 pm 
MiniWarGaming Veteran

dragon1010 wrote:
i got a game in a little while ago and my armored shell dakkatyrant got endurance and some other power that never saw the light of day (i think it was the toughness debuff) but with endurance on him i walked straight through the right side of a tau army and he came out with absolutely no wounds on him. he was perfectly ok. took out that entire half by himself. the game ended in a tie because it ended so early though :( wouldve tabled him with that model alone.

I am loving my armored shell DakkaTyrant more than my Flyrant.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:43 pm 
Silver Vault Member

we actually got it on film will be up on youtube eventually. but i want to run a game one time (will have to be in a while though heading off to college) where i run both a flying and an armoured dakka tyrant.

armies i play: tyranids (9000 pts), marines (4000 pts) orks (1750 pts) eldar (2500 pts) ig (3000 pts) lizardmen (2500 pts) high elves (3000 pts) cryx (100 pts) blindwater congregation (50 pts) trollbloods (25 pts)
current model count= 1000+

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:46 am 
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Cool. Share the link when you get it uploaded.

I run both Flyrant and Dakkarant but my fly doesn't have the devourers, it rocks the Lash/Bone. Seems to work fine for me since it has yet to die (though I always here stories of Flyrants dropping turn 1-2). I guess some dice luck has a bit to do with it... and Iron Arm (such a sexy power).