It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Biovore more viable?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:00 pm 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

I've been looking at the biovore and looking at proxing some into a few games to see if with the new explosion rules and the probably presence of more infantry might make them at least the best of the worst since our HS slot is still rather weak compared to our elites. Really they haven't changed but I'm thinking they might work well in some army set up such as running genestealers & zonethropes to crack open any vehicles while having hapies and some biovore to rain explosions down on any infantry. At least I'm thinking of giving it a try in 6th and seeing what happens before I write off the biovore again.

Any thoughts on the Biovore in 6th? More viable or still the same dud it was before?

Post subject: Re: Biovore more viable?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:19 pm 
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Biovore wasn't really a dud, it was just never necessary. This edition hasn't really changed much, I wouldn't field it over others. Its anti-infantry, and we have plenty of it, and some have been much improved.

The dakkafex might see a comeback.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:44 pm 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Biovores are in 5th and in 6th the same... they are good at what they do... kill Infantry.... and very cheap too. 3 of them cost 135pts... but we dont need infantry killing units.. and when a Trygon is 200pts that gets 6 shots is a MC with same wounds t6 and s6.. for that extra little points its not worth it.

Biovores are very good in small point game 400-700pts ish.

When you take 3 Hive Guards with a CC Prime, horms and Terms, 1 Tervigon you still have some extra points to add 1-3 biovores being 48" S4 it can take out those Missle launchers or them Snipers that like to sit in back to kill our Infantry that out MC's and others units dont have the range to get to them.

I played lots of Combat Patrols (ver fun) and there was always a Missle squad or a longe range DE, Eldar, Orc squad that I couldnt get to in time, It was either use Fastt moving units or Long range guns... so I tried the Biovore... and it did great!

I dont think I would ever take them at more than 750pts.

Crusherfex wrote:
Biovore wasn't really a dud, it was just never necessary. This edition hasn't really changed much, I wouldn't field it over others. Its anti-infantry, and we have plenty of it, and some have been much improved.

The dakkafex might see a comeback.

I can see Dakkafex being more used now as well, they have a chance to take down fliers... with Necrons able to take 4 very good fliers, and SM chapter able to ally and take there new flier (3 of them) along with the new Orc fliers and that crazy CSM new flier... Demans able to take 5? Flying MC's right now... 3 DP, LoC and or Fateweaver and or Bloodthurster... God help us nids!

With our Biggest Weakness Fliers and Landraiders.... I think Im more scared of the Fliers now.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:57 pm 
Bronze Vault Member

I can see the biovores being of some use against multiwounds units such a bloodcrushers or paladins. Cast enfeeble on them two (or in the case with bloodcrushers 3 times) making them instantkillable by the biovores large blast template :lol:

you'll just need to load up on psykers

Click to level up my tyrant on heresy-online

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:39 am 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

I am taking 9 dakka fexes supported by some zopes who are going to give them feel no pain, relentless and IT WILL NOT DIE. How cool it that :P Yeah you cant take down my 9 INDESTRUCTIFEX!

Sure its expensive...but who cares, Carnifex are cool again...sort of...not really...maybe

DrMasenkoSauce - You're the master of 40k. Everything you say in the matter is 100% correct

Rangrok1k - Azeebo...I love you

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:23 am 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Ribbons Earned: RED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
I fielded two Carnifex's the other day in a 6th edd game, and I must say they were certainly my model of the match. The squad is 400 and somfin pts, they have all the generic upgrades and they managed to win me the game after my Hive Tyrant died. I wasn't intentionally going to charge them, but with the death of my hive tyrant they got angry and smashed straight into the Keeper of Secrets, rage and all. Destroyed it, the fex's never even took a wound, thus winning the game for me :D
I must say, Carnifex's are a must for all nid players in 6th ;)

Jason

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:46 am 

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
What was your loadout?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:51 am 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

You mean my full list, or just what I fitted my fex with?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:14 am 

Just the carnifex :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:22 am 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Ah ok, well it was a squad so they both had the same up-grades.
1 set of scything talons
Stranglethorn cannon
Adrenal Glands
Bio-plasma
Regeneration
Total-470

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:10 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
What did the other play do the whole game about your carnifexs? what army what he playing?

I was thinking of running 3 (1 unit of 3) Dakkafexs with a Tervigon close by to poop out gants for shield walls and to give them Onsluaght so they can run and still shoot.
The full points for it is 570carnifexs+195tervigon= 765pts

But if they get in range that is 36 TL S6 shots all together at 1 target.... WHahahahaha nothing will live against that! Too bad its a shorter ranger gun compare so Impaler Cannon and HVC.

And with my 2 Flyrants making problems I can see playing not being that scared of the Fexs compare to the Flyrants. (Dakka Flyrants as well , I love to Dakka)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:14 pm 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

He was playing daemons, so I knew it wasn't going to be easy. He caused 3 wounds on one, as a result of combat with a blood thirster and bloodletters, however with regen I ended the game with only two wounds :mrgreen: Then I got angry and raged towards his keeper of secrets, which is when his game ended.
What list are you planning on using that in? I'm assuming that's without upgrades, if so you would probably end up spending 850+ on them, I would say about 700 on your Carnifex's alone, dependent on what upgrades you use. In a 1k or 1.5k list that is far to much to spend on heavies, however in a 2k+ list is shouldn't be a problem. Your idea with the Tervigon sounds a bit orthodox, but it should work fine. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Jason

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:33 am 

Well keepimg those 800pts alive is a good thing and FnP on Carnifexs means that they will ALWAYS get to use it, on weaker models they may not get it all the time, b.c fexs cant really be Instand Killed they will either get a Armor save and FnP or at least the FnP save.

PLUS! if you rotate the front model intot he back at each movement phase only the front model will be taking the wounds :D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:03 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Damiano fed+ hive tyrant old advasary(preferred enemy) +fnp from the tervigon+ 5+cover save from venomtropes rock.

Warmachine - Menoth 50 pts
Blood Bowl - humans, orcs, halflings, skaven

"If only painting miniatures was as easy and fast as buying them."