It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:19 am 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Hey everyone, sorry for the forum spam.

I was just thinking about wound allocations and how they work now. How do we get rid of those power fists?

Is the sgt. in the back or off to the side? Lictors now get a chance to pike individual models. At first they were great at IC killers. Now, they are amazing at taking out power fists, meltas, an individual model that needs to be killed.

With lictors being able to be placed anywhere on the table, they can take up any position they need to pick off that weapon that will give you trouble.

The downside being, if the models are all clumped in the middle, that will require an assault.

How do you feel lictors will do now in 6th? How specialized are they at taking out individual models? How much does the 4+ cover save hurt lictors as opposed to the 3+?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:17 pm 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

The Broodlord does it better

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:31 pm 

How?

A broodlord has to run up and either outflank, wait a turn, then assault and hope they get the right side. Or it has to run from deployment to the unit.

Lictors can be placed in cover or next to the model they need to kill and shoot it the turn they arrive.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:56 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Lictors play the same roll as before, taking just one isnt good take 3 is to many points for their crap rules (Should be able to assault or not get shot at the turn it comes on the board).

With Ymgarls getting a little boost and able to assualt from Dormant.
Zoans getting extra Powers.
Hive Guards still being needed.

I feel that our Elite space is still to full..... Thats why the one rule that makes me more made than anything is EVERY ARMY but nids can have extra Elite, HQ, Troop extra due to the Allies. GW did a HUGE! mess with nids bc of the Allies.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:42 pm 

jmaddux wrote:
Lictors play the same roll as before, taking just one isnt good take 3 is to many points for their crap rules (Should be able to assault or not get shot at the turn it comes on the board).

With Ymgarls getting a little boost and able to assualt from Dormant.
Zoans getting extra Powers.
Hive Guards still being needed.

I feel that our Elite space is still to full..... Thats why the one rule that makes me more made than anything is EVERY ARMY but nids can have extra Elite, HQ, Troop extra due to the Allies. GW did a HUGE! mess with nids bc of the Allies.

Made worse by the fact that every army can use those slots to fix up weaknesses in the army.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:03 pm 

Yeah, it feels like they picked and choose their fluff.

Nids can't ally with anyone, their fluff says no one would.

Our fluff says they don't have a concept of honour and exploit any weakness our enemies honour brings. Oh, game mechanics say they can challenge and be challenged by anyone, nuts to the fluff.

=\

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:22 pm 

FotoGuy wrote:

Our fluff says they don't have a concept of honour and exploit any weakness our enemies honour brings. Oh, game mechanics say they can challenge and be challenged by anyone, nuts to the fluff.

=\

A well made but depressing point.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:13 pm 
First post! Good job, now post more...

Kris Knives wrote:
FotoGuy wrote:

=\

Honestly, do you really want to ally yourself with someone who only sees you as a steak to sink their teeth in?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:28 pm 

Kristian wrote:
Kris Knives wrote:
FotoGuy wrote:

=\

Honestly, do you really want to ally yourself with someone who only sees you as a steak to sink their teeth in?

Well no, but the Nids have ways to co-opt allies against their will. Genestealer infections and the like. In theory they should be able to ally with any fleshy army.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:30 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
I know this is off topic but you was talking about allies... the problem is bc other armies have allies and we dont, other armies can take ... 4 elites... 4 heavy's.... etc.... and we cant, just bc we "dont get along" with other... it is 100% not far at all that other armies can have more on the FoC than we can... thats the problem with it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:05 pm 
Bronze Vault Member

Too be perfectly honest I would have hated to play someone who decided they wanted to run a space marine list allied with tyranids so that they could have tervigons in a marine army.

I don't feel we lose out too much on not having allies, we benefit greatly from the extra force org. chart at 2k though, I feel more so than any other army except for perhaps orks.

Click to level up my tyrant on heresy-online

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:21 am 

Cedonuli wrote:
Too be perfectly honest I would have hated to play someone who decided they wanted to run a space marine list allied with tyranids so that they could have tervigons in a marine army.

I don't feel we lose out too much on not having allies, we benefit greatly from the extra force org. chart at 2k though, I feel more so than any other army except for perhaps orks.

But if you play under 2k and they have 4 elites.... I would love 4 elites lol.

And I didnt say I want to ally with other armies, I just want the same FoC they could get.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:41 am 
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
When an opponent has his own army, plus allies (which must include 1 HQ and 1 troop) is already going to be at near, if not at 2000 points. If it isn't, then the original army must be pretty small.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:18 am 

Crusherfex wrote:
When an opponent has his own army, plus allies (which must include 1 HQ and 1 troop) is already going to be at near, if not at 2000 points. If it isn't, then the original army must be pretty small.

It really depends. Adding someone like Celestine and a sister squad is pretty cheap given what she can do. In a 1000 point game it gets pretty tight forcing you to run basically two 500 point list, but some armies will gladly do so to fill in their weakness if they are select two armies with strong troop choices allowing them maximize point scoring options without giving up diversity and between 1001 and 1999 points allies become a very strong and have many viable options. I wouldn't discount allies out of hand when our codex is so very weak and full of holes. We're not the grey knight where we can laugh off the idea of needing another army to help support our weak points.

I certainly think allies are going to be a game changer the similarly weak Sisters of Battle.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:13 pm 

jmaddux wrote:
I would love 4 elites lol.
yeah, but thats 3 tyranid elites and 1 ally elite. you wouldn't be able to spam your favorite tyranid unit 4 times over

Cygnar - 3/1