Lictors the new model killers?

If it ain't human, and it ain't from the warp, then it must be Xenos.
FotoGuy
Gold Vault Member
Posts: 738
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:45 am

Lictors the new model killers?

Postby FotoGuy » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:19 am

Hey everyone, sorry for the forum spam.

I was just thinking about wound allocations and how they work now. How do we get rid of those power fists?

Is the sgt. in the back or off to the side? Lictors now get a chance to pike individual models. At first they were great at IC killers. Now, they are amazing at taking out power fists, meltas, an individual model that needs to be killed.

With lictors being able to be placed anywhere on the table, they can take up any position they need to pick off that weapon that will give you trouble.

The downside being, if the models are all clumped in the middle, that will require an assault.

How do you feel lictors will do now in 6th? How specialized are they at taking out individual models? How much does the 4+ cover save hurt lictors as opposed to the 3+?

User avatar
TyrantEatos
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Posts: 1792
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:40 pm
Contact:

Re: Lictors the new model killers?

Postby TyrantEatos » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:17 pm

The Broodlord does it better
How ironic it is that as fast as we spread progress and hope throughout the galaxy, the Tyranids spread death and despair. Only united can we hope to stand against them. Aun'shi of the Tau Empire

FotoGuy
Gold Vault Member
Posts: 738
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:45 am

Re: Lictors the new model killers?

Postby FotoGuy » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:31 am

How?

A broodlord has to run up and either outflank, wait a turn, then assault and hope they get the right side. Or it has to run from deployment to the unit.

Lictors can be placed in cover or next to the model they need to kill and shoot it the turn they arrive.

User avatar
jmaddux
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Posts: 1556
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:01 am
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Lictors the new model killers?

Postby jmaddux » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:56 pm

Lictors play the same roll as before, taking just one isnt good take 3 is to many points for their crap rules (Should be able to assault or not get shot at the turn it comes on the board).

With Ymgarls getting a little boost and able to assualt from Dormant.
Zoans getting extra Powers.
Hive Guards still being needed.

I feel that our Elite space is still to full..... Thats why the one rule that makes me more made than anything is EVERY ARMY but nids can have extra Elite, HQ, Troop extra due to the Allies. GW did a HUGE! mess with nids bc of the Allies.
Dont try to paint 4 armies at once.... not a good idea, check some of my work out
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=100434&p=863110#p863110

User avatar
Kris Knives
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Posts: 529
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:48 pm

Re: Lictors the new model killers?

Postby Kris Knives » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:42 pm

jmaddux wrote:Lictors play the same roll as before, taking just one isnt good take 3 is to many points for their crap rules (Should be able to assault or not get shot at the turn it comes on the board).

With Ymgarls getting a little boost and able to assualt from Dormant.
Zoans getting extra Powers.
Hive Guards still being needed.

I feel that our Elite space is still to full..... Thats why the one rule that makes me more made than anything is EVERY ARMY but nids can have extra Elite, HQ, Troop extra due to the Allies. GW did a HUGE! mess with nids bc of the Allies.


Made worse by the fact that every army can use those slots to fix up weaknesses in the army.

FotoGuy
Gold Vault Member
Posts: 738
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:45 am

Re: Lictors the new model killers?

Postby FotoGuy » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:03 pm

Yeah, it feels like they picked and choose their fluff.

Nids can't ally with anyone, their fluff says no one would.

Our fluff says they don't have a concept of honour and exploit any weakness our enemies honour brings. Oh, game mechanics say they can challenge and be challenged by anyone, nuts to the fluff.


=\

User avatar
Kris Knives
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Posts: 529
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:48 pm

Re: Lictors the new model killers?

Postby Kris Knives » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:22 pm

FotoGuy wrote:Yeah, it feels like they picked and choose their fluff.

Nids can't ally with anyone, their fluff says no one would.

Our fluff says they don't have a concept of honour and exploit any weakness our enemies honour brings. Oh, game mechanics say they can challenge and be challenged by anyone, nuts to the fluff.


=\


A well made but depressing point.

Kristian
First post! Good job, now post more...
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:09 pm

Re: Lictors the new model killers?

Postby Kristian » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:13 pm

Kris Knives wrote:
FotoGuy wrote:Yeah, it feels like they picked and choose their fluff.

Nids can't ally with anyone, their fluff says no one would.

Our fluff says they don't have a concept of honour and exploit any weakness our enemies honour brings. Oh, game mechanics say they can challenge and be challenged by anyone, nuts to the fluff.


=\


A well made but depressing point.

Honestly, do you really want to ally yourself with someone who only sees you as a steak to sink their teeth in?

User avatar
Kris Knives
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Posts: 529
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:48 pm

Re: Lictors the new model killers?

Postby Kris Knives » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:28 pm

Kristian wrote:
Kris Knives wrote:
FotoGuy wrote:Yeah, it feels like they picked and choose their fluff.

Nids can't ally with anyone, their fluff says no one would.

Our fluff says they don't have a concept of honour and exploit any weakness our enemies honour brings. Oh, game mechanics say they can challenge and be challenged by anyone, nuts to the fluff.


=\


A well made but depressing point.

Honestly, do you really want to ally yourself with someone who only sees you as a steak to sink their teeth in?


Well no, but the Nids have ways to co-opt allies against their will. Genestealer infections and the like. In theory they should be able to ally with any fleshy army.

User avatar
jmaddux
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Posts: 1556
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:01 am
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Lictors the new model killers?

Postby jmaddux » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:30 pm

I know this is off topic but you was talking about allies... the problem is bc other armies have allies and we dont, other armies can take ... 4 elites... 4 heavy's.... etc.... and we cant, just bc we "dont get along" with other... it is 100% not far at all that other armies can have more on the FoC than we can... thats the problem with it.
Dont try to paint 4 armies at once.... not a good idea, check some of my work out
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=100434&p=863110#p863110

Cedonuli
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Posts: 212
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:42 am
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Lictors the new model killers?

Postby Cedonuli » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:05 am

Too be perfectly honest I would have hated to play someone who decided they wanted to run a space marine list allied with tyranids so that they could have tervigons in a marine army.

I don't feel we lose out too much on not having allies, we benefit greatly from the extra force org. chart at 2k though, I feel more so than any other army except for perhaps orks.
6th edition tally:
Tyranids W7 T5 L2
Necrons W0 T1 L0
Click to level up my tyrant on heresy-online

User avatar
jmaddux
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Posts: 1556
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:01 am
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Lictors the new model killers?

Postby jmaddux » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:21 am

Cedonuli wrote:Too be perfectly honest I would have hated to play someone who decided they wanted to run a space marine list allied with tyranids so that they could have tervigons in a marine army.

I don't feel we lose out too much on not having allies, we benefit greatly from the extra force org. chart at 2k though, I feel more so than any other army except for perhaps orks.


But if you play under 2k and they have 4 elites.... I would love 4 elites lol.

And I didnt say I want to ally with other armies, I just want the same FoC they could get.
Dont try to paint 4 armies at once.... not a good idea, check some of my work out
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=100434&p=863110#p863110

User avatar
Crusherfex
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Posts: 2547
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:34 pm
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Location: Right behind you. Don't look.

Re: Lictors the new model killers?

Postby Crusherfex » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:41 am

When an opponent has his own army, plus allies (which must include 1 HQ and 1 troop) is already going to be at near, if not at 2000 points. If it isn't, then the original army must be pretty small.
Why aren't there more arachnids?

WIP: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=66534

User avatar
Kris Knives
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Posts: 529
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:48 pm

Re: Lictors the new model killers?

Postby Kris Knives » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:18 pm

Crusherfex wrote:When an opponent has his own army, plus allies (which must include 1 HQ and 1 troop) is already going to be at near, if not at 2000 points. If it isn't, then the original army must be pretty small.


It really depends. Adding someone like Celestine and a sister squad is pretty cheap given what she can do. In a 1000 point game it gets pretty tight forcing you to run basically two 500 point list, but some armies will gladly do so to fill in their weakness if they are select two armies with strong troop choices allowing them maximize point scoring options without giving up diversity and between 1001 and 1999 points allies become a very strong and have many viable options. I wouldn't discount allies out of hand when our codex is so very weak and full of holes. We're not the grey knight where we can laugh off the idea of needing another army to help support our weak points.

I certainly think allies are going to be a game changer the similarly weak Sisters of Battle.

User avatar
Jag
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Posts: 1159
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:57 pm
Location: California

Re: Lictors the new model killers?

Postby Jag » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:13 pm

jmaddux wrote:I would love 4 elites lol.
yeah, but thats 3 tyranid elites and 1 ally elite. you wouldn't be able to spam your favorite tyranid unit 4 times over
Army - Wins/Losses:
Trollbloods - 22/2
Mercenaries - 4/0
Cygnar - 3/1


Return to “Xenos Races”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest