Tyranid FAQ!

If it ain't human, and it ain't from the warp, then it must be Xenos.
xsquidz
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Re: Tyranid FAQ!

Postby xsquidz » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:13 am

On a charge the fex goes to I3, unless you take crushing claws.
Tyranids 6000
Imperial Guard 6000
Eldar 5000
Vanilla Marines 6000

In that order!

Crusherfex
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Crusherfex » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:21 am

xsquidz wrote:On a charge the fex goes to I3, unless you take crushing claws.

But if you don't take crushing claws it's going to be hard to kill the nob and other surrounding orks in B2B contact.
Why aren't there more arachnids?

WIP: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=66534

Azeebo
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Postby Azeebo » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:20 am

I really think all fex based creatures should have a 2+ armour save. I mean have you seen the size and sheer bulk of the fex? a 3+ always seemed low to me. Same with the tervi. If it is not standard, it should at least be an upgrade.
HammerOfTheEmperor - Common users must take Azeebo in small doses, lest they get overwhelmed by his awesomeness

DrMasenkoSauce - You're the master of 40k. Everything you say in the matter is 100% correct

Rangrok1k - Azeebo...I love you

Smurfyk
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Postby Smurfyk » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:33 am

Azeebo wrote:I really think all fex based creatures should have a 2+ armour save. I mean have you seen the size and sheer bulk of the fex? a 3+ always seemed low to me. Same with the tervi. If it is not standard, it should at least be an upgrade.

Armoured Shell for all MC's would be a nice upgrade.
Smurfyk's WIP
Eldar -12k 114-18-38 [W-D-L]
Tyranids -3k 32-8-7
High Elves - 5k

balangaz
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Postby balangaz » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:51 am

Smurfyk wrote:
Azeebo wrote:I really think all fex based creatures should have a 2+ armour save. I mean have you seen the size and sheer bulk of the fex? a 3+ always seemed low to me. Same with the tervi. If it is not standard, it should at least be an upgrade.

Armoured Shell for all MC's would be a nice upgrade.

Before it would. Now, I think it would be too overwhelming to have a zilla list with lots of 2+ running around regenerating.

I think a Warp Field with 3++ or even 4++ would be more suited to the current 6th
Oi, ya git! Get ya lazy arse roight into our Group Builds! Be da best Mek and loot all da pieces!

Smurfyk
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Postby Smurfyk » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:53 am

balangaz wrote:
Before it would. Now, I think it would be too overwhelming to have a zilla list with lots of 2+ running around regenerating.

I think a Warp Field with 3++ or even 4++ would be more suited to the current 6th

Yes, that would be much better, but as a Tyranid player that runs into Space Wolf spam all the time, I'd love to eat missiles with a 2+.
Smurfyk's WIP
Eldar -12k 114-18-38 [W-D-L]
Tyranids -3k 32-8-7
High Elves - 5k

Kris Knives
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Postby Kris Knives » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:01 pm

Well they should do something with non-flying MCs to improve them be that new options or more freebies. Too many MCs come up short which is disappointing since the MC's without cannon's on their backs are some of the best looking models in 40k. I'd like to see our heavy support slots be just as important as our elite slots are.

Return to “Xenos Races”