It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:25 pm 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
The Idea is to Outflank a Tervigon, using the Hive Tyrant Hive Commander. Taking the Tervigon as a troop and selecting it to outflank.

Could this be a good trick? or could it be a costly move?

AND! If you take 2 Tervigons and 2 Hive Tyrants with Hive Commander, are you able to select both tervigons as Outflanking units? This would be very points heavy, but I would still like to know the ruling (the +1 to res rolls dont stack, but does the other rule still apply).

Just think about it, a Tervigon outflanking close to the other objective, spitting out 8-16 gants and able to assault still.... or just outflank into a unit to ty that unit up (maybe a missle unit) or vehicle.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:08 pm 
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
This idea isn't new :lol: but it still is a solid idea.

However, I would prefer to outflank Hormagaunts over fat meaty slow beasts.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:12 pm 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
I wanna see someone do this and it totally back fires on them XD

like it only spawns 3 gaunts, and gets FW'd right away :P

"(Lebianism) is rather inefficient... there appear to be interface problems"
- Engelbart Kappa

Kidnapping? I call it surprise adoption!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:54 pm 

I do this trick all the time just to get the rest of the army closer, but the Tervigon cant spawn that turn.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:03 pm 
Gold Vault Member

It is a nifty idea. You can only outflank one troops though =(

But, it forces your opponent to reasess his situation right away. :D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:03 am 

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
TyrantEatos wrote:
I do this trick all the time just to get the rest of the army closer, but the Tervigon cant spawn that turn.

why cant it? I never heard it couldnt befor. And could you do 2 units of Hormagaunts or Tervigons with 2 Hive Tyrants?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:27 am 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Quote:
why cant it? I never heard it couldnt befor. And could you do 2 units of Hormagaunts or Tervigons with 2 Hive Tyrants?

Because it spawns Termagants in the movement phase before it has moved, so that's before it comes on the board. With regard to being able to outflank 2 units due to having 2 Tyrants, the FAQ has addressed this and you can't.

I've changed my surname to BatRep!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:47 am 

That sucks.....

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:12 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

jmaddux wrote:
AND! If you take 2 Tervigons and 2 Hive Tyrants with Hive Commander, are you able to select both tervigons as Outflanking units? This would be very points heavy, but I would still like to know the ruling (the +1 to res rolls dont stack, but does the other rule still apply).

You can only ever outflank 1 unit with hive commander, even if you have 2 tyrants with the ability.

I'll also add that the +1 to reserve rolls from 2 hive commander abilities doesn't stack either. So, if you're eldar, you can pay 140pts for 2 Autarchs, and their bonuses to reserve rolls will stack without issue. On the other hand, a nid player can spend almost 400pts on two overpriced-tyrants with hive commander, and get no bonus whatsoever from the second one.

Basically, it's because GW hates nids, and enjoys making faqs that could be replaced with this: http://www.rockbymail.com/ekmps/shops/rockbymail/images/middle-finger-poster-flag-6185-p.jpg.

micksamaximus wrote:
Because it spawns Termagants in the movement phase before it has moved, so that's before it comes on the board.

This is the main reason I wouldn't outflank a tervigon. If it could spawn gaunts, hen I'd definatly consider doing so.