It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: New tyranid player
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:37 am 
First post! Good job, now post more...

I have been playing as space marines for about 3 years now. but i want to start a tyranid army, i have about 220 dollars to start with. is there anything in particualr i could buy for an effective list? i know there is the battleforce but i was just wondering if anyone had any other suggestions? would be much appreciated :)

Post subject: Re: New tyranid player
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:19 am 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
You say your getting the battle force, now its the hard part.

I would get 2-3 Hive guards with the battleforce, use the warriors as HQ's (a Tyranid warrior can be used as a Tyranid Prime as an HQ) very cheap less than 100pts with upgrades so that makes small games easier to field mroe troops.

Nids need anti tank, we have Hive Guards and Zoans, Hive guards are more reliable and dont forget Monter Creatures are good anti... they are just very slow to get to the tanks lol.

Lots of players will say Tervigon, but then you will need 1-2 more boxes of Termagants and you need to use those Genestealers as tank hunters (they can do if, just have to get more lucky rolls and they need to live).

Thats what I think. I played as a new player for a long time with no Tervigon and did very well.

Post subject: Re: New tyranid player
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:23 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

First question are you playing in a gw store? Where what you see is what you get? Or a casual environment? If the first go with the first post. If the 2nd buy a battle box and convert warriors to hive guard and hormugants to termagaunts. Then pick up an extra box of gants and a tervigon. That's cheaper and better for the long run