It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:02 pm 
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
few rounds of bolter, melta, and ML then a power fist would probably change those statistics :wink:

Red Corsair: 750 [----------] 03 - 0 - 02
Necrons: 350 [----------]
Black Templar Successors (yet to be named) : ordered ----------

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:30 pm 
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
darkned1ight wrote:
few rounds of bolter, melta, and ML then a power fist would probably change those statistics :wink:

Still not so much.

A 10 man Tactical Squad, each with boltgun (maybe a rocket launcher), and sarge has a botlpistol.

At 24" away, that's 8 boltgun shots and one crack missile.

Crack missile is probably going to wound the fex.
The 8 boltgun shots will not. 2-3 will miss, 1 will wound, and will most likely be saved.

12" in, thats 17 boltgun shots and a crack missile.

Crack missile is probably going to wound the fex.
6 boltgun shots will miss. 2 will wound. They will probably not both fail, so he is still alive.

If it's 12" in, then the fex can assault.
Space Marine Sarge gets 3 attacks.
All other 9 get 1.
That's 12 attacks.
6 hit.
1 wounds.
Carnifex probably saves it.

Carnifex gets 4 attacks.
Hits 2. Rerolls 2 and hits a third.
Wounds 3.
No saves, means three die.

This continues for the rest of the assault.

WIP: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=66534

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:30 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
you missed out on plasma and power fist :| plus if it was my squad it would be in a rhino so squad could use fire points and once rhinos gone get rapid fire and the charge. :wink:

Red Corsair: 750 [----------] 03 - 0 - 02
Necrons: 350 [----------]
Black Templar Successors (yet to be named) : ordered ----------

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:52 pm 
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
darkned1ight wrote:
you missed out on plasma and power fist :| plus if it was my squad it would be in a rhino so squad could use fire points and once rhinos gone get rapid fire and the charge. :wink:

Plasma was missile launcher in the scenario.
I gave the sarge chains word so he would attack at i4

WIP: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=66534

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:02 am 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Whats the Best tyranid army against necrons? And what is the best tyranid army in general anywhere from 1,500 points to 2,500 ish? Just started an army this month al I have so far is raveners, hive tyrant, and gene stealers. I'm switching from elder so I basically have no experience with Tyranid.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:09 am 

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!
darkned1ight wrote:

or a blobbed Imperial Guard Platoon being issued First Rank Fire, Second Rank Fire, or Bring it Down on the same carnifex.. thats 50-100 shots that re-roll misses* or 100-150 shots*.. they wound on a 6 but it will cause enough 6's to force failed saves >.<

Goschi10 wrote:
Whats the Best tyranid army against necrons? And what is the best tyranid army in general anywhere from 1,500 points to 2,500 ish? Just started an army this month al I have so far is raveners, hive tyrant, and gene stealers. I'm switching from elder so I basically have no experience with Tyranid.

Termagants, Hormagaunts, Warriors, Hive Guard, Biovores, Tervigon

edited.. do apologise thought I added thhose bits in >.<

I do do. The cha cha.

War Cry:
"Overly Glorified Tickle Cannons Prevail!!!"

Last edited by Sniperfex on Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:11 am 
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...

Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
Once you use an order on a unit, that unit immediately acts. No squad can be under the effect of two orders, ever. Sounds like someone didn't read their codex too well.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:14 am 

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!
Marit Lage wrote:
Once you use an order on a unit, that unit immediately acts. No squad can be under the effect of two orders, ever. Sounds like someone didn't read their codex too well.

yeah that was my bad... when I'm typing sometimes I miss out a lot of important stuff... force of habit >.<

I do do. The cha cha.

War Cry:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:18 am 

Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
Also, tactical squads do have a good chance to kill a Carnifex. With a rhino and plasma guns, they dance rings around any slow monstrous creature.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:22 am 

Marit Lage wrote:
Also, tactical squads do have a good chance to kill a Carnifex. With a rhino and plasma guns, they dance rings around any slow monstrous creature.

but you also have to take into other accounts of hive guard nearby... a good tyrani player would never leave home without them ;)

unless they don't have any of course

I do do. The cha cha.

War Cry:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:53 am 

Sniperfex wrote:
Marit Lage wrote:

but you also have to take into other accounts of hive guard nearby... a good tyrani player would never leave home without them ;)

unless they don't have any of course

I think they will be out of range. Also, Longfangs.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:11 am 

it is a poor tyranid player to leave his hive guard in their deployment. you must make use of that very short S8 weapon

I do do. The cha cha.

War Cry:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:21 pm 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:45 pm 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Just a note to anyone looking to this guide for sixth edition. Most of Rangrok's ideas transfer over, however we were going to do a compilation effort to finish the guide and update for 6th. This update will come once I have done enough of the guide to provide help for anyone that wishes to seek it, and I will then contact a Moderator to try and get it stickied.

Also, Goschi10, if you're still looking for help send me a PM and I can tell you anything you'd like to know. I can offer some sample lists as well as ideas as another Tyranid player that started off with Eldar.

High Elves - 5k

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:09 am 
Now we're getting somewhere...

Hello Everyone,

I want to say i'm a new tyranid player but i'm technically not. I had bought tyranid models about 6 or more years ago and got into it quickly and then stopped playing after a year (friends who got me into it moved). Now i'm trying to get back into the game (bought the new rule book) and i'm very overwhelmed with all of the new changes and frankly I don't remember how to play.

Are there any good guides to get me started with, especially with learning the new rules pertaining to tyrannids. I actually have a decent list and i'm trying to figure out how I want to go about changing it around and using it.

66 Hormagaunts
33 Termagaunts (I bought the endless swarm when it was on sale last time i played)
32 Spinegaunts (HUGE mistake I know!)
22 Genestealers
3 Zoanathropes
6 Warriors
2 carnifex's (1 made/primed for CC, 1 I was working on fully magnetizing[ got the head and back perfect but the arms failed] and half done)
1 Broodlord
1 Hive Tyrant (old metal one with none of the arms on it due to I can't decide what to put on it)
1 tervigon or Tyrannofex (still new in the box)
1 Newer Hive Tyrant (still new int he box but seriously thinking of making Flying shooter)

So ya... I'm thinking of the next purchase whenever that is will be the Hive Guard. Any suggestions would be great.

I'm thinking of going as a balanced army.

Happy devouring! :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next