It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Overwatch and Rapid Fire
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:53 am 
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...

Ribbons Earned: None, nobody likes me.
I played a game and my opponent said that he can rapid fire during overwatch and i said "no you can't" but he insisted so much that i agree.

I got confused about it really hard because in the book there is nothing indicating that you can't rapidfire on overwatch.

There is a difference if someone has a unit of 10 guardsman with 9 lasguns and will overwatch 9 or 18 shots :D

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:40 am 

Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
You fire the weapon like you normally would during a snap shot, so yes, he can rapid fire. Assault weapons and heavy weapons get their maximum value as well.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:42 am 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Page 21, 6th ed. Rulebook:

"An Overwatch attack is resolved a normal shooting attack ... and uses all the normal rules for range, line of sight, cover saves and so on." So, if they are within 12 inches, they would get both shots for Overwatch. Since they are trying to assault, they have to be within 12 inches to declare the charge. This can affect some weapons that have shorter ranges, like Melta pistols or Hot-Shot weapons. The exception is Flamer weapons, who get the D3 hits automatically, regardless of the distance.

Also, Overwatch "cannot cause Morale checks of Pinning tests" for what it's worth.

I hope that helps!

Astra Militarum
Khador

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:07 am 

Wow that just made all 24"+ rapid fire weapons so much better.

Aggrrhhh i will probably have to switch to 100% Imperial Guard this edition.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:03 pm 
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Why did you think you couldn't shoot rapid fire on overwatch?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:08 pm 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!
They still only hit on a six, so you are doubling you poor chance to hit. Though, take everything you can get!

DE: 9292pts/9122 painted llllllllll

DE WIP: viewtopic.php?f=58&t=76171
Terrain Log: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=80134

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:11 pm 

Nappen wrote:
They still only hit on a six, so you are doubling you poor chance to hit. Though, take everything you can get!

10 shots vs 20 shots makes on avg 1 hit turn into 3 by magic. If you will get one if this 3 hits as plasma you just removed one enemy :) That is really good result because 1 marine is worth more than 30% of IS.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:19 pm 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!
Yep, double your shots and more bad things die :twisted:

DE: 9292pts/9122 painted llllllllll

DE WIP: viewtopic.php?f=58&t=76171
Terrain Log: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=80134