Battleforces

In the future there is only war... Discuss the Warhammer 40K game right here...
MonMothra
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Battleforces

Postby MonMothra » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:12 pm

How long after each new edition is a new battleforce usually released for each army?

BewareOfTom
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Battleforces

Postby BewareOfTom » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:14 pm

its usually a few months after the CODEX, but sometimes it can take around a year
I have half a mind to kill you, and the other half agrees

"(Lebianism) is rather inefficient... there appear to be interface problems"
- Engelbart Kappa

Kidnapping? I call it surprise adoption!

Todda
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Postby Todda » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:51 pm

Usually one month. I'm not sure if they will redo the Chaos Daemon's one with just this 'Official Update'. If they did they would likely just pull out the 5 Seekers and add 10 Plague Bearers.

Also the new starter set will have new models, but there is a likely hood that both armies in the starter set will be getting new codex... as well as new models and Battle boxes. I am looking to likely pick up Chaos Space Marines, so hopefully I will have lots of new plastics and box sets.
I made the move to professionally painting 3 years ago. I paint a good mix between speed and quality. This keeps prices low, like a typical 2K 40k army is under $500.

My painting services:https://www.facebook.com/toddabbottpainting

Crusherfex
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Crusherfex » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:48 pm

In the past, a month-three. Now, it can be anything.
Why aren't there more arachnids?

WIP: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=66534

M3rv1n
MiniWarGaming Regular

Postby M3rv1n » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:26 pm

Unless you play grey knights in which they will probably never release one for them.

Catatonic
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Postby Catatonic » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:52 pm

M3rv1n wrote:Unless you play grey knights in which they will probably never release one for them.

There is no guarantee Games Workshop will release a Battleforce for every Codex, Grey Knights and Sisters of Battle are good examples.
If I recall, the Dark Eldar BF was 5 - 6 months after the Codex was released, Blood Angels had to wait almost 9 months.

On the other hand, Necrons appeared to have a well planned and executed release schedule. Their Battleforce was 3 months after the codex, 3 months later 9 more models were on shelves. The latest batch was released soon after 6th edition along with a ton of Finecast and other Flyers. All of the units in the Necron codex were available within 9 months of the codex release.
I hope this is a continuing trend with GW.

MFletch
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...

Postby MFletch » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:45 pm

space marine codex, space marine battleforce, ork battleforce were all the same month, you have to expect something similar for the next battleforce as they will probably be the starter set armies.

Then again GW do mix it up, I wouldn't look at their past timings to tell you anything about future releases.

MonMothra
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Postby MonMothra » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:09 pm

Ah, so they're only released after a new codex release? So I guess the Tyranids are stuck with a less then great battleforce for the foreseeable future.

MFletch
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...

Postby MFletch » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:19 pm

MonMothra wrote:Ah, so they're only released after a new codex release? So I guess the Tyranids are stuck with a less then great battleforce for the foreseeable future.
It is reasonable enough battleforce. The issue is more your entire codex.

Crusherfex
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Crusherfex » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:53 pm

Yeah, the battle force kinda sucks. Isn't bad, but only has a couple useful units.
Why aren't there more arachnids?

WIP: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=66534

Return to “Warhammer 40K”