What THEY did that YOU hate [6th Edition]

In the future there is only war... Discuss the Warhammer 40K game right here...
IGfanatic
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Mods, please no more ribbons for me. They break!

Re: What THEY did that YOU hate [6th Edition]

Post by IGfanatic » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:34 am

Rumours are there will be 2 starter sets, 1 chaos, one dark angels. Each with their own specific terrain and chaos will have cultists in the box. If you don't have the rulebook by the time I come down there and I can find a second I'll bring it for you...

Also my Infantry Guard shall rule the Oceanic countries!
Iggy's are proud and noble creatures.

The Jank Collective Youtube channel.

Clabbage
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: RED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by Clabbage » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:37 am

IGfanatic wrote:Rumours are there will be 2 starter sets, 1 chaos, one dark angels. Each with their own specific terrain and chaos will have cultists in the box. If you don't have the rulebook by the time I come down there and I can find a second I'll bring it for you...

Also my Infantry Guard shall rule the Oceanic countries!
Ooh, 2 starter sets! More stuff for people to waste their money on. Nah, jks. They're good value usually, but no Tau so... Yeah... Also my Tau > Your Guard ;)
I feel like my one ribbon really represents who I am as a person...

Quit changing your avatar/names people! It's so hard to keep track of! ;)

IGfanatic

Post by IGfanatic » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:39 am

My IG </3 your Tau.

You know you'll probably get the starter or the big book. :wink:

Clabbage

Post by Clabbage » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:40 am

I'll get the big book, but only cause I have to :P Maybe I'll try and find it cheap online...

Btw, my Tau less than 3 you :P

IGfanatic

Post by IGfanatic » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:42 am

My IG </3 your Tau
Your Tau <3 my IG
I <3 you
:P

Clabbage

Post by Clabbage » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:44 am

And...

I <3 Everything!

GarDakka
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by GarDakka » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:37 am

The only thing that has really messed with the way I played 5th Ed. was by not allowing charges from Reserve. Outflanking Tyranid Genestealers took a big hit there as did Snikrot and his Kommando's. Really have no reason to play Snikrot now.

Generally I quite 6th Ed; but that's only from one game.
Apologies if I talk positively about games that I enjoy.

potato32
Gold Vault Member

Post by potato32 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:53 am

The thing I hate? Slow and purposefull not being able to overwatch.

Otherwise, I don't like how they disregard Forgeworld. Sure, most of the stuff from FW is apoc mode style. But there's a lot of cool normal stuff there. The sisters of battle repressor, Tau kroot riders, contemptator dreadnought... a single mention and people would stop being stigny about it.

Zero

Post by Zero » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:00 am

potato32 wrote:The thing I hate? Slow and purposefull not being able to overwatch.

Otherwise, I don't like how they disregard Forgeworld. Sure, most of the stuff from FW is apoc mode style. But there's a lot of cool normal stuff there. The sisters of battle repressor, Tau kroot riders, contemptator dreadnought... a single mention and people would stop being stigny about it.
I heard rumours that GW was going to basically allow any FW stuff in regular games and release a FAQ for it. Only rumours though.
What matters creative endless toil
When, at a snatch, oblivion ends the coil?

My awesome blog of awesomeness.

jmaddux
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by jmaddux » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:42 am

Outflanking and Fleet... basically no charging with any special type of movements at all.... It really nerfed to many good CC and slow units, there are units that was made only to move, run, charge... or Outflank and charge, and now those units of basically worthless.

Who wants a FULL CC unit with no guns to outflank and sit there for 1 run being shot at... then next round you charge and you shot at again.....
Nids: 14k
DE: 12k
Harlequins: 4k
KDK: 3k
SoB: 3k

Zero

Post by Zero » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:37 am

Fleet is better for any footslogging units (like Harlequins) because they can now get across the field much faster, and seeing as most units hide in cover, the rerolls for charging is also a bonus to the previous charge after run in my opinion. Most units also have guns, so units with Fleet can now actually make use of them before charging. Very few units will lose out because of Fleet, and most of them are confined to Tyranids, and I'm pretty sure they got nerfed further overall this edition with the increase in power of the shooting phase, so this is really a minor issue.
What matters creative endless toil
When, at a snatch, oblivion ends the coil?

My awesome blog of awesomeness.

jmaddux
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by jmaddux » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:18 am

May be a minor issue with you but when I take 700-900 points of models it effects its huge to me, the title of the topic is "What THEY did that YOU hate [6th ed]" I never said it made the game worst overall... I just hate it.
Nids: 14k
DE: 12k
Harlequins: 4k
KDK: 3k
SoB: 3k

Vivi22
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Vivi22 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:46 am

KamikazeNewf wrote:This edition nerfed the crap out of assault armies and in my opinion boosted shooty armies to the extreme. With the ones mentioned above and Overwatch.

I dont play them, but I absolutely feel for the poor Tyranid players.
Yeah, all of the changes to assault look like they're going to hurt a lot. There are just so many ways it can fail now, and so few ways to close the gap to make sure it doesn't. I haven't had the chance to play 6th ed rules yet, but some friends have just gotten the rule book so I expect to in a few weeks. But assaulting with my Tyranids is the thing I'm looking forward to the least. Second after that would be dealing with Flyers since we're now pretty mediocre at that too at very best.

Only real upside for Nids is the fact that vehicles are a lot more fragile, flying MC's, and we have a lot of options for taking a lot of psychic powers.
IGfanatic wrote:WS on vehicles and HP need to be balanced a bit...
But if vehicles weren't a lot less viable, who would they sell all of the flyers to? ;)

agith-naar
MiniWarGaming Beginner
Ribbons Earned: Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by agith-naar » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:52 pm

A dedicated Nurgle player in group my absolutely hates 6th edition due to the new Feel No Pain rules. I, however have no problems with that. :wink:
Our Blades Are Sharp.
-House Bolton
0XXX{|=============>

Katharon

Post by Katharon » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:49 pm

Necrons got the best out of the 6th edition deal, imho. They are pretty much the best army now, especially with their ability to glance-hit every vehicle in the game. As my local shop-owner predicted: "5th edition was ruled by vehicles, 6th shall be ruled by infantry."

Shooty armies did not get as big a buff as many believe. They took away the Tau ability to split-fire, a significant point in their disfavor.

The random charge distances are awesome, because now you have the ability to assault up to 18" (move 6" + 2D6). Fleet really didn't get that nerfed; if anything it and jet pack-equipped infantry got a huge boost in that they are capable of re-rolling one or more dice when they roll for a charge. That's pretty sweet if you roll a 6 and a 1 and are able to re-roll the 1. It'll take some getting use to, but I think assault-oriented armies will come to like it a lot.

Space Marines took a huge nerf in the form of us losing our 5th edition psychic hoods ability. We no longer have the ability to nullify enemy psykers from 24" away, but can only help friendly units deny abilities if the librarian is in the unit being targeted or 6" measly inches away. It [bleep] sucks. (I am a little sore on this, since that 5th ed. hood did some great things for me against Eldrad).

Grey Knights got more merry with 6th edition as well. Practically half of their army became "characters" and are therefore capable of taking so many "Look Out Sir!" rolls that its pretty ridiculous.

Barrage weapons like the Basilisk got a huge boost as well. You are able to move 6" with a Basilisk and still fire the main gun at normal ballistic skill. That's pretty beastly if you think about it. With the new allied rules, taking a squadron of three basilisks that can hit anything on the table (since they are all in range) and can move six inches to get out of trouble and still fire, is a force to be reconned with.

Also, they kept hinting at a new revelation in the fluff...BUT THERE IS NOT SUCH THING! I've read the B.A.B. front to cover a dozen times already and there is not even a hint of anything about anything that is different about the background story. The only thing that they go into any remote detail about is how the Golden Throne is failing (which they revealed in 5th edition) and that's old hat.

*sigh* GW could easily make me love them, but they love being hated instead.