It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:36 pm 
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Just figured, as there was a thread about deathwatch earlier, that I'd ask if a small party of either acolytes, an aspiring rogue trader dynasty or a small warband would be intersted in starting up a play by post on http://www.giantitp.com, I mostly want it here for the die rolls but if people have other suggestions I'm open for that.

As i mentioned in the first paragraph I'm open for the following games: Dark Heresy, Rogue Trader or Black Crusade. It should be noted that if we play (especially DH) Dark heresy and possibly also Rogue Trader, I will be using Black Crusade rules for most things as they balance out alot of the issues the former struggle with. Like auto fire outshining EVERYTHING and singelshot being able to penetrate tank armor unless the GM says no.

I am by no means an experienced GM but I'll try my best, so if you're not experienced players this might just be the session for you! And if you don't know much about 40k fluff that's not always a problem, in DH you can play characters that were oblivious to the grand workings of the imperium before being recruited as an acolyte. Or me, and others will help you. I will not help you with rules exept explain and/or refer you to a page. Support the hobby! (there are online versions that are relatively cheap and great to use).

So, which one we go with will depend on how many I get for each, either post or PM. You can sign up for multiple of course, but if we end up with rogue trader just be aware that only one gets to be the RT.

Few things to note: Try to stay in character! I'm not expecting people to have a full outline of a character from day one, don't worry, but if I see people doing things they previously wouldn't there will be...penalties. Likewise making characters/style and sticking to it will bring bonuses. Power gaming is not and will not be encouraged, making a character and sticking with it will.

Don't worry about activity, if you're not able to play just give us a notice and I'll find an excuse for your character to be absent. Just please give a notice or I'll be forced to infect your character with nurglerot, that is if you leave without warning while "away" from a mission that's fine just not in the middle of a fight or investigation or whatever, it ruins the suspense :)

Also, whatever we end up playing this won't be a dungeon crawl focused solely on fighting. Yes, fighting will occur and you will have to be ready for it but there will be much more to do. In Dark Heresy investigation will play a major part so scribes and their like will not go wanting, neither will Rogue Traders lack having to deal with diplomacy, navigating debris in space and exploring long lost tombs potentially filled with necrons they really don't want to wake up. And Black Crusade will have the task of subterfuge, corruption and the like to deal with as well.

Any questions? Or, who's with me?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:29 pm 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Ribbons Earned: Mods, please no more ribbons for me. They break!
Skype may work a bit better just saying. I wish you the best of luck though!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:30 pm 
MiniWarGaming Veteran

I live in Norway, apart from annoying people with my accent the major problem would be timezones really. Otherwise, yes, I've done it over skype before and it's been great. The players loved it, I loved it (actually got to do the voices etc) but alas they're not active anymore...