It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 3:37 am 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

michael0112 wrote:
well I have been emailed by a person who wishes to go unnamed that each army could have its own universal special rule !

necrons - phase out (remove army after 85% of your army is gone)
dark eldar - quick and brutal (the entire army has hit and run)
eldar - fortune in battle (allows re-rolls to all dice rolls in battle)
tau - for the greater good (your army is fearless until all HQ's are dead)
orks -waaagh (all saves are allowed to be re-rolled)
sisters - gift of the faithful (add +1 to all profiles on models and weapons)
imperial guard - fire till nothing is left standing (all weapons become twin linked)
chaos - let the galaxy burn (always count as winning ties in combat by 1)
daemons - kill for the blood god (all weapons are treated as master crafted)
space marines - defiance of death (the army cannot fall back off the board)
blood angels - fury in battle (all models gain +1 attack and strength in game)

space wolves - physic resilience (all models can re-roll all physic defence systems.
such as physic hood and the talismans that give a 5+ physic resilience

tyranids - synapse dominion (the army always is counted under synapse so long as their is at least one synapse creature alive.

grey knights - daemon slayers ( all daemons are only allowed to use their armour save , invulnerable save gets taken away if you suffer a wound)

They are ridiculous and some are just borderline idiotic. What would be the point in taking your army to a tournament if you could just take Eldar and reroll EVERYTHING. Furthermore, they're not Universal Special Rules. They're army rules. A UNIVERSAL Special Rule is... Wait for it... UNIVERSAL. Everyone could potentially use it.

My awesome blog of awesomeness.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 4:23 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Zero wrote:
michael0112 wrote:
well I have been emailed by a person who wishes to go unnamed that each army could have its own universal special rule !

necrons - phase out (remove army after 85% of your army is gone)
dark eldar - quick and brutal (the entire army has hit and run)
eldar - fortune in battle (allows re-rolls to all dice rolls in battle)
tau - for the greater good (your army is fearless until all HQ's are dead)
orks -waaagh (all saves are allowed to be re-rolled)
sisters - gift of the faithful (add +1 to all profiles on models and weapons)
imperial guard - fire till nothing is left standing (all weapons become twin linked)
chaos - let the galaxy burn (always count as winning ties in combat by 1)
daemons - kill for the blood god (all weapons are treated as master crafted)
space marines - defiance of death (the army cannot fall back off the board)
blood angels - fury in battle (all models gain +1 attack and strength in game)

space wolves - physic resilience (all models can re-roll all physic defence systems.
such as physic hood and the talismans that give a 5+ physic resilience

tyranids - synapse dominion (the army always is counted under synapse so long as their is at least one synapse creature alive.

grey knights - daemon slayers ( all daemons are only allowed to use their armour save , invulnerable save gets taken away if you suffer a wound)

They are ridiculous and some are just borderline idiotic. What would be the point in taking your army to a tournament if you could just take Eldar and reroll EVERYTHING. Furthermore, they're not Universal Special Rules. They're army rules. A UNIVERSAL Special Rule is... Wait for it... UNIVERSAL. Everyone could potentially use it.

you know zero I only put these up here to tell people what I know , their is no need to make me out to be an idiot is their !

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 4:38 am 

I'm not calling you an idiot, I'm saying that whoever came up with those rumours is foolish and the person that sent them to you is either joking or I can see why they would not want to be named.

You can't tell me you think those rumours are true.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 4:56 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

at this point in time , I do not believe any of the 6th edition rumours , the only rumours i believe are the chaos rumours. all the 6th edition rumours just seem fake to me , but that won't stop me posting more rumours for others to see.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 4:58 am 

Post them all you want, just don't expect people to not criticise them.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 5:20 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

well originally when I posted them people commented on what they liked and disliked about them , I hope that future rumours will make the same thing happen again.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 5:50 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

I wouldn't mind the ally thing. It would be interesting to see how that would work with two different Space Marine Legions (for example lets say; Dark Angels and Blood Angels?; or Grey Knights and Salamanders?; or Salamanders and Blood Angels?; or Salamanders and Raven Guard?) It would be very fun if they knew of a way of doing this at a low level matches ... like under 2000 points for competitions (other then playing doubles).

Also I keep hearing it but the more time passes I don't believe it ... Dark Angels vs Chaos Marines in the new starter set? It just doesn't sound right :shock: So even though I would be happy to see it, considering I want to start building Chaos Marines and fill in my Dark Angels I just don't think it is going to happen. Also the rumor about Dark Angels to get their codex update ... I don't see that happening either like what some have stated to me (would be nice to see if we can get a cool dread like the Blood Angels or the Iron Clad or the Space Wolves ... :().

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 6:15 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

I have already heard many rumours regarding the content of the new starter set box. even my store manager said that it is meant to be chaos vs dark angels.

but then again , I also heard that after 6th edition is released all battle forces will have codex's inside of them. making a battle forces around £80

but apparently you can still buy the codex on it own still.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:30 am 
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Dark angels will probably be in the new starter at least, due to the paint set. But against chaos? MEQ vs MEQ? Bah, boring! Make it dark eldar, necrons, nids (again), regular eldar or TAU! SOMETHING OTHER THEN POWER ARMOR! And yes, that cuts half the factions of 40k out.

A codex in each battleforce? Hoping I can buy a battleforce without a codex, lord forbid I start an army with two battleforces and a HQ.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:19 am 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Remember, if all the new Chaos rumours are true, its not just going to be MEQ vs MEQ. Chaos will have Daemons and Culists as well. (Well, according to the rumours)

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:51 am 
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Really now? Haven't heard that rumour. Could be interesting, cultists are a major part of chaos (out numbering the chaos marines by far) so seeing them return would be fun. PLUSS it gives players a great line of models to use as traitor imperial guard.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 3:38 pm 
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge
Locking this one down. No need to have two threads on the same topic...

Click here for further discussion...
What does everyone want to see in the new 6th edition codex?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3