Quick Question.

In the future there is only war... Discuss the Warhammer 40K game right here...
LoneHero2008
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Quick Question.

Post by LoneHero2008 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:28 pm

What's the general view on using pieces from one army on a different army? My Space Marine chapter I'm working on use the fleur de lis as their symbol, which also happens to be the symbol of the Sisters of Battle. I was looking at some the Forge World stuff and noticed the Sisters of Battle vehicles they have fits the look of Space Marines. I'd like to use them for my Space Marine chapter, but I'm not sure how it'll go over with most people.

What I want to use:

and maybe this as a Whirlwind.
Space Orks - Big Mek Azak Mostdakka's Warband - About 470 Points
Space Marines - Blood Ravens - 500 Points even
Wins: 8
Loses: 15
Draws: 3

TheLonelyGuardsmen
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Re: Quick Question.

Post by TheLonelyGuardsmen » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:30 pm

You can make your Space Marine chapter however you feel like. Thats one of the great things about making your own chapter, you can customize how you want your chapter to look. If you want to use Sisters of Battle bits, then feel free to do so. In my opinion, a Space Marine chapter with those bits would look really cool, awesome, epic, fine, legendary, mindblowing, good, neat,...... I ran out of words. But you get the picture.
Bombs, you want it? Its yours my friend, just as long as you have enough rupees.

ShredRig
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Post by ShredRig » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:02 pm

The real issues come with modifications that affect gameplay.
For example: A unit has a special rule that gives it a bonus for the amount of models in base contact with it in melee. Someone decides to make this model a giant scenic base... meaning more models will be getting into contact.
Model size is also important to consider due to cover and line of sight, a smaller model will be easier to hide behind certain height walls. Like the rulebook says though, things that arn't body, arms, legs, head don't count as part of the model for determining line of sight ( like a weapon or wings) but some people try to make giant wings and stuff to hide their other models behind.
These are the types of things to avoid.
Fear is pain arising from the anticipation of evil. - Aristotle

Epic_Morph
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Epic_Morph » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:16 pm

Basically, what Shredrig said, as long as it doesnt affect gameplay, and you make it clear to your opponent what effects everything has, there should be no issues.

LoneHero2008
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by LoneHero2008 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:56 am

Alright.

Another question is:

The Blood Ravens make use of Teleport Packs and I thought that was awesome. Was thinking of basing something off of the appearance of their teleport Packs for 'force commanders', which are really only seen in the campaigns for Dawn Of War, and having it count as a Jump Pack.
Space Orks - Big Mek Azak Mostdakka's Warband - About 470 Points
Space Marines - Blood Ravens - 500 Points even
Wins: 8
Loses: 15
Draws: 3