Carrying cases

In the future there is only war... Discuss the Warhammer 40K game right here...
Own3d_U2
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Carrying cases

Post by Own3d_U2 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:12 pm

Your opinions? personally i think GW is too expensive for what you get, but the hard case seems like it would protect better.
Painting Progress!

Tau[====[+]===============] 25%
Dwarves [[+]===================] >5%
The Kabal of Infinite Despair [====[+]===============] 15%

secret

.Kevin.
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Re: Carrying cases

Post by .Kevin. » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:29 am

I use the long rectangled one - installed a lock.

It owns.
Looking for another forum to visit aswell? Come help out me and my friends it's a tight knit community :) I appreciate it!
http://z13.invisionfree.com/WH40kEmpire
---
Blood Angels+Flesh Tearers Allied - ???? pts
W- 5| D - 1| L - 2

Nocturus
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Nocturus » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:48 am

I picked up a PACK 1520 from battlefoam last year and it was worth every penny!

Noc
Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right. -Isaac Asimov
I bow down, Nocturus. --Aloh'Kais
Tau 6th Ed. W-0 D-0 L-3
Tau w/ Eldar Allies W-3 D-1 L-3

firemanmm
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by firemanmm » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:25 am

I actually just found my Brother-in-laws ex-wifes old "nail kit". (say that 10 times fast)
Its pretty cool, its a metal frame with tons of compartments that fit my Trukks perfectly and has enough big compartments that I can just toss my Boyz in without them bouncing around.
Dis iz my Choppa. Der iz many like it but dis one iz mine. Wifout it I am nofing, wifout me it is nofing.

Orks of the Steel Toez klan- 3000 pts
Empire-4000+ pts
Menoth- Kreoss, Reznik, and Feora +40 pts
Cygnar- battle box
Circle Orboros kaya + 20

azzerath
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Post by azzerath » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:53 am

Battlefoam. works wonders, you can even get foam trays specifically for your army.

Joe
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
Location: I sleep on the MWG floor, curled up with my mini's.

Post by Joe » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:29 pm

I use a collection of GW cases. They work great for most infantry based armies. The more armour you have the worse they get.

I have been hearing a lot of love for Battle Foam though.
If you're blue and you don't know
where to go to why don't you go
where fashion sits...
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

And that is why Kharn was cut from the original cast of Puttin' on the Ritz.

Eldar - 8000-ish
Space Marine - 1500+

IGfanatic
Ribbons Earned: Mods, please no more ribbons for me. They break!

Post by IGfanatic » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:29 pm

I listen to 40k Radio and every third comercial is for Battle Foam, well thats' with any hobby podcast.
Iggy's are proud and noble creatures.

The Jank Collective Youtube channel.

Hukoseft
Silver Vault Member

Post by Hukoseft » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:47 am

i have my own matress (of foam) which i cut up to fit my models, ie seer council on jetbike and 3 tanks
Eldar: >4500
Dark Eldar: 4229

Elves (lotrs): 2000
More lotrs: >10k

High Elves: 2000

Retribution: ~100

Attack of the Elves

Crusty
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Crusty » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:54 am

ermm I use a hard suit case with some old foam to keep the metal stuff intact. A plastic storage thingy of a bobber to hold me vehicles, grabbed cardboard and sectioned off a peice of the container several times to separate the boyz out so I can make some sense of my messy army.....

yea..... bad very bad grammar

Beltschazar
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Beltschazar » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:15 am

Hi

I'm using a bigger tool box from my hardware store. With a little bit of foam to protect my models, it fits perfect.
The greater models are on top with little bit of cotton, which are my clouds, when something explodes. So everything fits.
Chaos Space Marines: 3000 points
Necrons: 1500 points

Bigbul
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Bigbul » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:27 pm

I have two GW cases that came with the armies I bought, and a battle foam bag. I think the battle foam bag is much better all around, but like said before the GW case works great for infantry.

For about the same price, the battle foam bag came with two side pockets, with smaller compartments on the back side to hold dice, pens, and other accessories as well as a shoulder strap and the foam (two racks of infantry sized and a pluck and pull for custom designs). The GW case only came with the foam, which is sized for infantry unless you buy the case for tanks.
“I would rather have a good plan today than a perfect plan two weeks from now.” - General George S. Patton

Dhomochevsky
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Dhomochevsky » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:44 pm

I just toss everything in tupperware. Fortunately, I neved had a problems with the models. I'm just a bit scared for the paint job or the metals ones but besides that, everything is fine.
I plan to invest in battle foam. But I want something a bit "fashion". I don't want a big plastic case, but something that look like a school bag. I don't know if I'm clear? :/
I don't fight. I win. Got it?

Edgar Jacobi: Heh. Well, you know that kind of cancer that you get better from eventually?
Rorschach: Yes.
Edgar Jacobi: Well, that ain't the kind of cancer I got.

exodusofman
Ribbons Earned: RED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Awarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by exodusofman » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:35 am

Battlefoam. i love my 432
I fall into a dark hole
And I can't come out
Do you know if Merlin did exist
Or Frodo wore the ring
Did Corum kill the gods
Or where's the wonderland
Which young Alice had seen
Or was it just a dream
I knew the answers
Now they're lost for me

Thedude33
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Thedude33 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:21 pm

judgedredd
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by judgedredd » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:29 am

I own several cases so I'll go over what I have and you can decide there.

3 GW cases. They do what they are meant to do, hold figures. Which they do if you have Space Marines playing dead (Don't they do that all the time??). Forget about putting Kroot, Necron Pariahs or any other odd posed figure in here, unless you want to cut up stuff. Also the foam is very flimsy and doesn't hold up under a lot of weight. I had 1 tray filled with Pathfinders and it nearly folded in on itself. Forget about fitting Nids in this case - just a recipe for disaster.

1 K&R generic Multicase. I saw an ad on YouTube where the owners put an egg in this cardboard box, then throw it out of a car window. They open it and it's perfect. So yeah I had to pick one up to check out the hype. The foam is dense and holds up great with a great amount of load. I really like how their foam feels. Flexible but dense enough to hold up against wear and tear. Downfall is the shipping cost from the UK. But hey we fork out cash for Forgeworld resin, so why not? I later found out that K&R makes a foam tray kit that fits in the GW case. This kit adds 1 additional tray and more slots for figs. I picked up one for my Tau and love!

Battlefoam products. I only found out about these guys since they made a foam kit to fit in the last Space Hulk release. I bought it for my oldest son and I was really impressed by the quality. Sure there were a few issues with the foam due to spacing constraints, but I can live with that. I picked up a 1520 pack for my oldest son to store his Necron and Nids in. I really like the versatility of their product line. All thought I do not like their foam tray layouts and I don't want to spend the time making my own trays. And yes the ads on that webcast show drive me nuts - Romeo chill brutha :lol:

Sabol products. Not really impressed with their foam. It's all pluck and I don't have time to sit down for hours trying to lay out the best pattern for my stuff. Price wise it's not bad but it works.

My final thoughts - Battlefoam is great stuff BUT a bit expensive. It's the Fort Knox of mini protection. K&R is the best bang for the buck. It's simply a product that you'll buy and wonder why you'd want anything else. GW - we bought it not knowing any better since the local hobby store didn't carry anything else at the time before the internet was born (thanks again Al Gore :shock: )

SPOIL ALERT!!!!! I'm going to tell you how to make a cheap carrying case that will blow your mind!!!!

Any local comic book store has those long white cardboard comic boxes. They are ultra-cheap and guess what.. The Sabol foam drops in them perfectly. So you can add foam as you go and have the mega storage space of a Battlefoam 1520 for a fraction of the cost. Best part is that if the box wears out - go get a new one!!