Missions for 40k

In the future there is only war... Discuss the Warhammer 40K game right here...
Nexus_Crawler
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Missions for 40k

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:01 pm

I am running an RTT in a few weeks and I thought I would share my missions. They are a mix of the 2 standard ITC formats.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Aj6U9a ... IjUL9/view
--Necrons, Dark Angels--
--Connoisseur of fine Cheese--

Ronin
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Re: Missions for 40k

Post by Ronin » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:46 pm

Looks good! I like the combined arms missions.

Mach-Ten
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entry

Post by Mach-Ten » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:37 am

Nexus_Crawler wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:01 pm
I am running an RTT in a few weeks and I thought I would share my missions. They are a mix of the 2 standard ITC formats.

in the Big Guns never tire ... (not read some of the others to check)

there are only 4 objectives on the table, how do you handle the drawing of "Secure objective X", where X=5/6 ?

Nexus_Crawler
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:56 am

Mach-Ten wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:37 am
Nexus_Crawler wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:01 pm

in the Big Guns never tire ... (not read some of the others to check)

there are only 4 objectives on the table, how do you handle the drawing of "Secure objective X", where X=5/6 ?
You need to read the second page of each mission. These missions do not use cards for the missions - instead turn based objectives are generated on a table.
--Necrons, Dark Angels--

Ronin
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Ronin » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:31 am

The only thing I'm not really a fan of is "Marked for Death" since people can use it to mark easily killable targets like scouts. I always thought there should be some point cost minimum to it like how it has to be a unit worth at least 100 points or with X wounds.

Nexus_Crawler

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:42 pm

Ronin wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:31 am
The only thing I'm not really a fan of is "Marked for Death" since people can use it to mark easily killable targets like scouts. I always thought there should be some point cost minimum to it like how it has to be a unit worth at least 100 points or with X wounds.
Nah - When your opponent marks a unit for death maybe you need to protect that unit.. or maybe your opponent is bringing a dozen minimum strength units. This way there is a bit of an equalizer for min-max'ing.

However, I have not played these missions a ton. I will keep this comment in mind when reviewing the missions after the tournament.
--Necrons, Dark Angels--

Ronin
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Ronin » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:09 pm

Me personally, I would use that to mark the squishiest unit like scouts or mark a unit I know will be used aggressively like knights or deep striking scions so that it forces them to be a lot more conservative with those units. The issue with Marked for Death is it's also another mechanism that promotes the strength of hordes which are a much bigger issue in 8th than min squads.

On that note, are you enforcing chess clocks? I highly recommend it as a counter balance against the power of hordes and slow play.

Nexus_Crawler

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:18 pm

Ronin wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:09 pm
Me personally, I would use that to mark the squishiest unit like scouts or mark a unit I know will be used aggressively like knights or deep striking scions so that it forces them to be a lot more conservative with those units. The issue with Marked for Death is it's also another mechanism that promotes the strength of hordes which are a much bigger issue in 8th than min squads.

On that note, are you enforcing chess clocks? I highly recommend it as a counter balance against the power of hordes and slow play.
You get to choose which unit of your opponents you want to kill --- we will see how it plays out.

I am not using any chess clocks. I am aware of the slow play issues but I dont have chess clocks so I just reduced points to the new standard of 1750.
--Necrons, Dark Angels--