Blitz senerio

In the future there is only war... Discuss the Warhammer 40K game right here...
horus-wm
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Blitz senerio

Post by horus-wm » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:12 pm

So a friend and I are wanting to play a blitz game where he's using nids as attacker and I'm either gonna be death guard or astartes at 2000 points. The thing is we're a little unsure on about the deployment regarding things that can deepstrike, what we simply refer to anything that can be deployed in that fashion. If something has a special rule like the trygones burrow are they able to show up in the defenders deployment zone? Thanks in advance!

Koonitz
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Re: Blitz senerio

Post by Koonitz » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:33 pm

There are no rules to limit this sort of deployment in the mission. The only thing you will want to keep in mind is the suggestion of how the mission works best, at the start of the Blitz mission under "The Armies". Because of this, I'd recommend limiting the number of units the Tyranid player can bring that use such deployment rules.

However, having a small number (one or two units) can make for a really thematic moment in your game, as the defenders struggle to deal with the sudden enemy presence right in the path of their retreat while the bulk of the enemy forces move up under the cover of confusion.
Armies:
40k: Knights Cynosure Iron Hands successor chapter, House Terryn Questor Imperialis, Thousand Sons/Tzeentch Daemons
30k: Thousand Sons
Age of Sigmar: Sylvaneth, Disciples of Tzeentch