Multi-Relic Question

In the future there is only war... Discuss the Warhammer 40K game right here...
mothpod
Bronze Vault Member

Multi-Relic Question

Post by mothpod » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:12 am

I was wondering, if your Battle Forged army has two detachments, each from a different faction (Grey Knights and Custodes in my case), can you take a Relic from each faction if one detachment pays Command Points to use a Stratagem that adds an "extra" Relic? So far I can't find anything that says that this Stratagem requires the original Relic be from the same faction as the additional Relic that is being payed for. Thoughts?

Bojazz
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Re: Multi-Relic Question

Post by Bojazz » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:12 am

I'm not 100% clear on your question here. Are you asking:
1- Does using one stratagem that grants you one additional relic grant you a relic for each different faction you own?
or
2- Can I use a Custodes Stratagem that allows me to take an extra relic to take an extra Grey Knights Relic?

I would say:
1) No, a stratagem that grants you one additional relic would only grant you one additional relic total, not one per faction in your army.
2) I would say Yes, so long as the stratagem itself doesn't list a specific faction's relic.
Craftworld Eldar - Power Level 360
Orks - Power Level 70

Lord-Terrycus
Silver Vault Member

Post by Lord-Terrycus » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:41 am

I believe the question is if you can take a relic from two different factions from two separate detachments in an army. I dunno if there is a precedent for it.
First Knight Alexi Barsov Of Redclaw

azuza001
Now we're getting somewhere...

Post by azuza001 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:04 am

I would say yes. Your free relic comes from the detachment your warlord is in, if you wish to spend the command point to get another relic in the other detachment that's fine as long as that detachment has access to the stratagem that would give you the extra relics.

mrazek22
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by mrazek22 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:14 am

I totally misinterpreted the question, I thought he was asking if he can put a Custodes relic on his GKs. Which is no?

Ronin
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Ronin » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:38 am

CHAPTER RELICS
If your army is led by a Space Marines Warlord, you may give one of the following Chapter Relics to a Space Marine CHARACTER in your army. Named characters such as Marneus Calgar already have one or more artefacts, and cannot be given any of the following relics.
1) Relic you have access to depends on what faction the warlord is
2) One per army, not detachment

Bojazz

Post by Bojazz » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:58 am

Ronin wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:38 am
CHAPTER RELICS
If your army is led by a Space Marines Warlord, you may give one of the following Chapter Relics to a Space Marine CHARACTER in your army. Named characters such as Marneus Calgar already have one or more artefacts, and cannot be given any of the following relics.
1) Relic you have access to depends on what faction the warlord is
While that is true for normal selection of relics, it is not true for selection of additional relics through use of stratagems.

Per the death guard FAQ:
Q: If my army is led by a Chaos Space Marines Warlord, and I have a Detachment of Death Guard, can I use the Gifts of Decay Death Guard Stratagem to include a Relic on a Death Guard Character?

A: Yes. The only requirement to have access to Stratagems is that you have a Detachment of the appropriate Faction. If you have a Death Guard Detachment, you have access to their Stratagems.
Orks - Power Level 70

mothpod
Bronze Vault Member

Post by mothpod » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:41 pm

It looks like this answers my question.
Bojazz wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:58 am
Ronin wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:38 am
CHAPTER RELICS
Per the death guard FAQ:
Q: If my army is led by a Chaos Space Marines Warlord, and I have a Detachment of Death Guard, can I use the Gifts of Decay Death Guard Stratagem to include a Relic on a Death Guard Character?

A: Yes. The only requirement to have access to Stratagems is that you have a Detachment of the appropriate Faction. If you have a Death Guard Detachment, you have access to their Stratagems.
Basically I was looking for a way to bring a Grey Knight Relic as well as a Custode Relic when I have a Grey Knight Warlord. Unless I'm mistaken. it looks like the Open The Vaults Stratagem will accomplish this, eh?

Bojazz

Post by Bojazz » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:01 pm

Yep, it absolutely will!
Orks - Power Level 70