So how did your last game go, 8TH EDITION! (Or other games, of course!)

In the future there is only war... Discuss the Warhammer 40K game right here...
ln1000000
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Re: So how did your last game go, 8TH EDITION! (Or other games, of course!)

Post by ln1000000 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:41 pm

2000pts vs my usual Dark Angels opponent.
We've actually turned it into a bit of a campaign because we fight so often, it's been fun.

My List:
[+] Expand
Battalion
HQ:
Captain (Smash of course), Hammer, combi-plasma, angels wing
Sanguinary Priest, Boltgun, Thunder Hammer, Jump Pack
Troops:
3 Units of Scouts: Boltguns, Missile Launcher, Chainsword on sarge
Elites:
Company Ancient, Boltgun
Fast Attack:
Inceptor Squad, Assault Bolters

Spearhead
HQ:
Captain, Storm Bolter, Power Sword
Heavy Support:
Devastators: Lascannon, Lascannon, Heavy Bolter, Heavy Bolter
Devastators: 4 x Missile Launcher
Predator: Predator Autocannon, Lascannon

Vanguard
HQ:
Librarian: Combi-plasma, Unleash Rage, Shield of Sanguinius, Force Axe
Elites:
Redemptor Dreadnought: Macro Plasma, Onslaught Gatling, 2 Storm Bolters
Sanguinary Ancient: Encarmine Axe, Standard of Sacrifice
Sanguinary Guard: 4x Encarmine Sword
Vanguard Veterans: 5x Stormsheild Thunderhammer

His List:
Primaris Lietenant
3 x Vindicator
Redemptor Dreadnought
Contemptor Dreadnought
3 x Venerable Dreadnought
1 Tactical Squad, 2 units of scouts
1 Unit of Aggressors

Captain, Jump Pack, Thunder Hammer
Tech-marine
Ezekiel
I got first turn, and Forlorn Furied Captain smash right up the middle destroying his Lieutenant (which was his WL) and two vindicators before finally succumbing to about a trillion dreadnought fists.

My first turn was really devastating, my devastators took out his Redemptor and his first Vindicator before Smash cleaned up the other two.
From then it was just a back and forth, he'd kill 2 units, I'd take out 4. We played some ITC rules but I was ahead for almost the entire game.
Victory to the sons of Sanguinius this time, 19-16.

Two things I noticed:
My Company Ancient did extremely little, he was parked beside the two devastator squads in case any of those units died for the possible of one free shooting attack on a 4+.
Also, I'm having trouble placing my Sang Priest and my Librarian.

The Librarian used to have a combi-melta and drop with the Vanguard Vets to destroy any hard targets, but the libby couldn't damage the vehicles very well, this round I kept the sang priest with the Vanguard Vets only to have him die with the rest of them from a turn of shooting, didn't even get a change to rez one.

I think I'm going to pair the sang priest with the Sang Guard and put the Libby back with the Vanguard vets, or I might toss the Company Ancient and the Sang Priest in favor of the Sanguinor.

PS, Sanguinary Ancient with Standard of Sacrifice is a great combo.

Playing 1200pts tonight against some Necrons, then I have a Dark Eldar game scheduled, not sure how I'm going to take those guys on! Wish me luck!
I saved Christmas.
8000pts of Blood Angels
3rd Edition Old Guard Veteran.

Koonitz
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by Koonitz » Sun May 06, 2018 1:09 pm

Played a game against my friend's Genestealer Cult. Turns out he decided to go tank heavy, instead of ambush heavy, so I decided to set up a thematic tank battle.

We played Ascension, with Herihor, Ahriman, and the small Thousand Sons force assaulting a seemingly abandoned strongpoint. Located above an intersection of powerful ley lines, Ahriman had his eyes on the location for a ritual of unknown dark potential. Having been using the ley line to draw power from for some time, a cult Magus mustered a force of local PDF loyal to him to intercept the aliens upon the Four-Armed God's planet, asking for assistance from the Patriarch and his pureblood brood, as well.

Mission: Ascension.
Deployment: Frontline Assault.
First Turn: Thousand Sons.

ARMIES
Thousand Sons:
[+] Expand
BATTALION
Ahriman - Spells (Glamour of Tzeentch, Weaver of Fates, Prescience)
Herihor (Sorcerer in Terminator Armour with Familiar) - Warlord (+1 casting), Dark Matter Crystal, Spells (Warp Time, Death Hex)

10 cultists with ccw/autopistol
10 Tzaangors with Tzaangor blades
10 Rubricae, soulreaper cannon, aspiring sorcerer (Tzeentch's Firestorm)

3 Tzaangor enlightened with fatecaster greatbows

Hellforged Predator with plasma destroyer, lascannon sponsons, havoc launcher

"Tantabus" Sicaran Venator with sponson lascannons
"Lacrimae Vetustatis" Land Raider Proteus with hull twin lascannon and accursed phylactery.
Genestealer Cult:
[+] Expand
SPEARHEAD
Patriarch, Warlord (tenacious survivor)

Cult infantry squad, mortar, heavy stubber (I believe there were 12 in the squad)
Cult infantry squad, missile launcher (I believe there were 12 in the squad)

20x Purestrain Genestealers

Leman Russ Battle Tank, hull heavy bolter
Leman Russ Battle Tank, hull lascannon
Leman Russ Exterminator, hull heavy bolter
Leman Russ Exterminator, hull/sponson heavy bolters
"Fury" Leman Russ Vanquisher, hull lascannon, co-axial heavy stubber
Deployment (image):
[+] Expand
- Herihor and a squad of Rubricae were in 'deep strike' reserve (1 CP spent for the Rubricae).
- Patriarch and Purestrains were in cult ambush.
TURN 1
[+] Expand
Thousand Sons: Moving forward with the bulk of the infantry and the Predator, I attempted to take a strong position mid-field, focusing upon the left objective, with a token presence on the stronghold, itself, in case Herihor wanted to bring the Rubricae down there later. Ahriman remained close to both Lacrimae Vetustatis and the Tantabus, guiding them to ensure first blood is secured and the enemy tanks feel the might of the XVth Legion. Frustrated at a blinding darkness within the warp, Ahriman was unable to see into the skeins of the future to guide the weapons of his war machines (prescience failed), though he was able to bolster the defenses of both the Predator and Tantabus.

The opening volley was very effective, with Lacrimae Vetustatis able to cripple Fury, bringing him down to 3 hull points as 6 bright beams lanced across the field of battle to hammer into its hull. The Tantabus was able to draw a bead on an exposed Exterminator tank, one Lascannon pierced the turret rotator ring, siezing the turret in place as the warp-infused malignatus beam laser bathed the machine in a dark purple, coruscating blanket of warp energy, causing the entire thing to slowly melt like hot wax, its crew sluicing to the floor. The Predator also focused on the infantry in the lower hard point, launching plasma blasts and a havoc frag missile into them, killing 3.

Genestealer Cult: The Leman Russ tank squadron moved forward, attempting to counter the powerful forward movement of the Thousand Sons and get a bead on the enemy tanks. Using the high-pitched whine of the malignatus beam laser as a signal, the Patriarch and Genestealer brood crawled out of the hidden tunnel and egress hatch from the stronghold, coming up on an exposed flank of the Thousand Sons battle line. However, unfortunately, due to the narrow hatch, the brood was unable to take advantage of its normally lightning fast movements to come to grips with the enemy forces (he failed his charge). Through a series of further unfortunate events (bad rolling!) he was unable to do any serious damage to my vehicles except for one lucky launcher shot. Firing from the ruins in the upper left, the cult soldier managed to thread the rocket between the bastion and containers, slamming the warhead into the hull of the Predator. It penetrated and exploded within the wheel assembly, seizing several wheels and rocking the tank on its shocks (he command rerolled the to hit roll, got a hit, and did 6 damage which, combined with a single wound from other sources, brought the Predator down to 4 wounds).

Image taken during Cult turn 1:
TURN 2
[+] Expand
(At this point, I knew I could easily deploy my Rubricae in the center and bring the Tzaangors back to focus on the Genestealers to easily cripple them or wipe them out, but I felt a little bad for my friend's poor rolling, and I wanted a more interesting game, so I decided to go for the "RUN AWAY!" approach.)
Thousand Sons: Ahriman ordered the two tanks to rapidly redeploy to the left. With siezed wheels, the Predator was unable to go far, however it was able to take cover, using the containers to better block line of sight to the launcher, and the stronghold to prevent the tanks from following up and finishing it off. This also served to open up a lane of fire for Lacrimae Vetustatis to fire at Fury and finish the tank off. The Tantabus, unable to find any good firing lanes while retreating, simply reversed away from the Genestealers, pouring every shot it had into them, killing 3 of the beasts. While Ahriman was, once again, able to protectively guide the driving of the Sicaran Venator (Glamour and Weaver of Fates), a growing darkness once again dampened his ability to see into the skeins of fate (prescience failed again). Sending a psychic signal to Herihor, he commanded him to come on the left flank, away from the genestealer presence, to claim the objective and focus the Rubric squad's firepower onto the infantry to silence the launcher.

The Predator was able to do token damage to the Exterminator that was covering the crippled Vanquisher, something went horribly wrong with the Land Raider Proteus's lascannon power batteries. Only a single twin weapon was able to fire, one beam connecting but doing only token damage to the hull of the Leman Russ (I used a stratagem to ignore the penalty for moving and firing heavy weapons, so 3+ hitting, rerolling 1's. Rolled four 2's and a 1, which rerolled to a hit, only one shot wounding and doing 1 damage, which I command rerolled.... to a 1).

The Tzaangor beastment charged forward, thirsty for combat. The enlightened did some token damage and charged into the infantry in an effort to silence them, while the other squad, with screeches of joy (and a bit of fear at the genestealers at their back) swarmed into the tank squadron on the right flank. They were able to engage two of the tanks with an energetic charge (11), silencing them for a turn.

Genestealer Cult: The rapid pace of the Thousand Sons tanks proved to simply not be enough. Now in open ground, the Genestealers bounded forward 13", just fast enough to keep up with the powerful engines of the Sicaran Venator. While the Leman Russ tanks shifted around the invading Tzaangors, bringing the firepower of the two other tanks to bear on them (killing 3), the Genestealers slammed into the side of the Sicaran Venator. Only by virtue of Ahriman's protective powers was the tank able to come out still functional as one Genestealer even managed to tear through the track assembly into the main compartment, jabbing one rending claw into the side of one of the crew members before being put down by a bolt round. Thanks to -1 to be hit and 5+ invulnerable (and a lucky deny on Might from Beyond), the tank was left with 4 wounds.

Image taken just before cult turn 2:
TURN 3
[+] Expand
Thousand Sons: Knowing I cannot outrun the Genestealers, I opted not to, pulling the Tantabus out of combat but using it to cover the Land Raider Proteus. Ahriman retreated further away towards the cover of the bastion. Finally able to see and understand the nature of the darkness in his mind, he was able to focus and overpower the patriarch's presence, drawing out his powers to weave fate (of note was that, so far during this game, most of the powers I successfully manifested were barely passed, or passed because of the +1 to cast). Needing to reposition the Rubric squad to deal with the now much more immediate threat of the Genestealers, Herihor once again opened a portal to teleport the squad onto the stronghold, where they were originally meant to go (Dark Matter Crystal). He then turned his attention on the Genestealers, turning his telekinetic might into dampening the air around the brood, thickening it to the consistency of water, dramatically slowing the reactions of the beasts (Death Hex). The cultists and Rubricae then focused the entirety of their magical firepower onto the squad, obliterating all but 5 and the patriarch.

As the Genestealers were culled, Lacrimae Vetustatis once again opened fire, this time on the Leman Russ exterminator covering the Vanquisher. However, the power drain problem remained. The crew were able to power all 6 lascannon, however only one turret managed to receive enough to fire a powerful enough shot to damage its target (all 6 hit with 2+ rerolling 1's, then I rolled FIVE 1's to wound with a command reroll giving me ANOTHER 1). The one damageing shot did cripple the tank, lancing through the side of the hull and melting a major wheel, significantly slowing the tank's mobility. The Predator was unable to follow through, doing only token damage, while three members of the Rubricae, unable to draw line of sight to the genestealers, opened fire on Fury, one sorcerous bolt able to pass through the armour and kill the loader of the main cannon.

All the while this was happening, the Tzaangors happily pounced upon the tanks, being a horrific distraction. Though their numbers were slowly dwindling, the desperately swiveling tank's overwatch attacks killing one here, and another there. Though the sudden presence of the Rubricae on the top of the stronghold proved ample cover for the Tzaangors antics. The enlightened, however, fared worse. The remaining aviarch was thrown off his disc with a well placed slam with the butt of a lasgun, the remaining cult soldiers setting upon him with bayonets and billy clubs.

Genestealer Cult: With four of the last 5 Genestealers fleeing, too far from the Patriarch for him to impose his will upon them, he used the remaining brood member to cover him as he advanced upon the crippled Sicaran Venator, slamming bodily into the side of the Land Raider as well, little more than a distraction, but it was a suitable reminder to the crew of his presence (he consolidated into the Land Raider to lock it up). He then proceeded to tear the engine block straight out of the back of the tank to get at the crew inside. While the patriarch was handily able to destroy the tank, I'd like to mention that I once again got a lucky deny on Might from Beyond. He rolled an 11 to cast it, and I managed to roll an 11+1 to deny it with Ahriman.

With Fury unable to get a bead on a good target, it popped its smoke launchers, hoping to survive for just a little longer. The Exterminator, still rocking from the lascannon blast, was able to remain stationary, stabilize itself, and bring the full firepower of its autocannon turret to bear on the Predator, just as the Sicaran Venator went up in smoke. Multiple autocannon rounds tore through the front of the vehicle, exploding within and killing the crew. The two battle tanks were able to reduce the number of Tzaangors in the back line down to 2, though they remained gleeful in their prancing.

After a solid first turn, killing one Leman Russ and crippling another, it has now been a further two turns and I just lost 2/3rds of my tanks (in a single turn) while STILL not being able to destroy another Leman Russ. Fortunately, I was taking a dominant lead on points, and simply needed to survive and hope Lacrimae Vetustatis can fix the power drain issue on its lascannon batteries.

Image taken at the end of turn 3:
TURN 4
[+] Expand
Thousand Sons: Ahriman ordered Lacrimae Vetustatis to shield him, placing its hull nearly against the bastion's side. This afforded Ahriman line of sight on the beast of a patriarch, while forcing it to go around the hull to get at him. Since this was still quite possible, he poured his psychic divining powers to his own protection. Calling on Herihor to focus his attention on the patriarch, he attempted to manifest a force bolt, though the patriarch released a powerful scream, the shadow in his mind disrupting his concentration. The power of his force bolt exploded within his own mind, sending him reeling (perils with double 1). While the beast was distracted, however, Herihor reached out to the hull of the Tantabus. He wrenched the sponson lascannon around, tearing the hull apart to force it to turn far enough. With just enough power left in the batteries, he triggered the firing mechanism, lancing a shot through the torso of the beast (Got a super smite, doing 5 damage, which he ignored 1 with tenacious survivor). However, this did not drop it, and Herihor was woefully exposed....

While this battle on the left flank was going on, the Rubricae turned their attention on the tanks, once again able to do a single wound on Fury, leaving it with 1 remaining, while the rest of the squad's firepower was slowly whittling the Exterminator down. The two Tzaangors continued to merrily pounce on a battle tank, doing little more than bend metal and scratch paint.

Genestealer Cult: The remaining tanks and infantry did their best to put their firepower into the Rubric squad, the animated armour in a hardened position proving a difficult nut to crack, the Tzaangors too fast for the tanks to hit. The patriarch, however, dripping ichor, leapt over the debris, through the smoke of the ruined Sicaran tank, directly at Herihor, dancing around the bastion to cover from the lascannons of the Land Raider. Before the sorcerer could even react, the giant beast dug its claws into the side of his Terminator armour, piercing his body. He slammed the sorcerer bodily back and forth against the bastion and containers like a rag doll before slamming him into the ground, claws still dug deeply into the armour, blood leaking out around them.

I forgot to take a picture during turn 4.
TURN 5
[+] Expand
Thousand Sons: Guiding Lacrimae Vetustatis around the bastion to where he knew the patriarch would come out (and once again, using its hull to block the path between him and the beast), Ahriman prepared his psychic power to release an arc of bio-lightning between him and the containers to catch the patriarch. True to the skeins of fate, the patriarch came around the bastion, dragging the still armour of the sorcerer, and Ahriman released his spell, just as the beast roared once again, the psychic scream dampening Ahriman's spell. The lightning arced, scoring over the beast's carapace, wounding it, but once again, not dropping it (1 wound on smite).

It proved time to see if the power drain issue had been solved. 4 of the Land Raider's lascannons aimed at the beast, needing to bring it down immediately, the remaining two rotating to get a bead on Fury, hoping to FINALLY bring the Vanquisher down. The problem was almost solved. The four beams lanced out at the patriarch, one piercing its wounded body, the second blasting straight through its head, carapace and drilling a hole into the containers, finally dropping it for good. Ahriman quickly drew Herihor's fallen body telekinetically towards the protection of the Land Raider, and possible healing.

The other two shots pierced the air above the hardened infantry position, drilling into the side of the tank. Unfortunately, the power drain reduced the power of the shots, with only one beam delivering enough power to damage the armour, and even then, it held firm (seriously, he rolled a 6 to save the one shot). FOUR turns and I still haven't destroyed a second tank!

Fury Lives:

End of Turn 5:
At this point, we rolled to see if the game would continue. I had a commanding lead on points (I don't remember the exact number, but it was lots to, effectively, 0). The game did go on to turn 6.

TURN 6
[+] Expand
Thousand Sons: Furious and frustrated that the enemy still had a significant portion of its firepower in functioning form, Ahriman guided Lacrimae Vetustatis, ordering four of its lascannons to aim at the troublesome Vanquisher, the remaining two at the weakened Exterminator in front of it. Finally able to resolve the power drain issue, the tanks bright beams of energy pierced both tanks, finally able to bring them both down with well-placed shots.

FIVE TURNS TO KILL MY SECOND TANK!

The Tzaangors and Rubricae, while continuing to do their task, did only token damage, the Tzaangors once again locking a tank up.

Genestealer Cult: With the Tzaangors unable to silence both battle tanks at once, they were able to continue to pound the stronghold position and the Rubricae, the squad whittled down to just the sorcerer. Bloody, bruised, and battered by the bombardment, the sorcerer lifted his head up, attempting one last manifestation of psychic might, focusing on Fury (just before the lascannons fired off). However, unable to manifest the power necessary, he proved only to make himself a target to the infantry below. They raked fire across the position's defensive walls, a single bullet from the heavy stubber cracking through the damaged helmet, sending the lifeless body of the sorcerer crashing to the ground.

Desiring to be rid of the infuriating Tzaangors, one battle tank drove around the Tzaangors, falling away from them, corralling them as the other brought its heavy bolter to bear. It sprayed them, dropping one of the two. Desperately, the driver cranked both drive levers forward, throwing the heavy tank into a charge. The Tzaangor, left with nowhere to flee, fell beneath the heavy hull of the tank, its arm pinned under a track as its head was slammed into the ground, unmoving as a pool of blood slowly spread (he went for a desperate charge on the last Tzaangor, getting the single hit and wound he needed to finish the squad off.

CHARGE!
The order to retreat came from the Cult Magus as the patriarch fell, it finally filtering to the soldiers at this point. The game ended here, the Thousand Sons victorious and in dominant control of the field of battle. (If I recall correctly, it was 11 + First Blood + Slay the Warlord / 0 + Slay the Warlord)

End of game (image):
[+] Expand
I admit, I would have liked the game to go on to turn 7. I love good, cinematic tank battles, and this was one of those. I still had my Land Raider Proteus at full wounds, and he had two battle tanks with nearly full wounds each.
Armies:
40k: Knights Cynosure Iron Hands successor chapter, House Terryn Questor Imperialis, Thousand Sons/Tzeentch Daemons
30k: Thousand Sons
Age of Sigmar: Sylvaneth, Disciples of Tzeentch

Ronin
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Ronin » Mon May 07, 2018 2:58 pm

Had a rematch tank off against my friend's 5 Leman Russ and a baneblade list and I brought the Ultramarines Anvil Strike force again with triple predators, 2 vindicators, a stormraven, a stormtalon, and a Cerastus Atrapos knight. Game started with an early lead in tactical objectives for the guard, but attrition wore them down and the ultramarines pulled far ahead. Those predators with killshot are brutal!

Bonus:

General-Kroll
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by General-Kroll » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:33 am

Got to use the new Harlequins codex last night and it was utterly glorious.

I took three troupes, a voidweaver, a couple of jet bikes, and the three heroes (Shadowseer, Solitaire, Death Jester.) oh and a Troupe master.

My opponent used his Tau army, and had a tank, a couple of squads of fire warriors, and then stealth suits and crisis suits.

The combos you can pull off with the Solitaire are just brutal, he can move across the board with impunity, and any infantry he touches falls like wheat to a scythe.

Pictures in the spoiler
[+] Expand

LordMcAllister
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by LordMcAllister » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:54 am

Congrats on your win (at least I guess you've won?)! It's always cool to see a completly painted up army in a match!
Painted in 2018:
AdMech: 2 Vanguard
Marines: 1 Rhino, 6 Primaris Intercessor, 1 Captain in gravis armour, 1 Scribbus Wretch
Shadespire: 4 Sepulchral Guard

General-Kroll
Bronze Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by General-Kroll » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:08 am

LordMcAllister wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:54 am
Congrats on your win (at least I guess you've won?)! It's always cool to see a completly painted up army in a match!
Thanks, and yeah I did win. The Quins are actually painted but not quite finished. Some players still need their diamonds to be done, and the jet bikes need riders. They are almost done though.

Koonitz
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by Koonitz » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:48 pm

GLORY! HONOUR! RIGHTEOUS COMBAT!

All was had at the joust, this day!

In celebration of the release of the new Knight codex and new chassis, I decided to hold a joust. Effectively a free-for-all for Knight pilots to engage in honourable (or dishonourable) combat. Each attendee was allowed to sponsor a single Knight of the Questoris or Cerastus class of their chosen household (or one freeblade), or a pair of Armiger pilots.

The battle took place on the following board, with each Knight deployed with their base trouching the edge of the table. Within the border of the city block, it is treated as 'area' terrain, therefore any Knight within the city block may claim cover if they are at least 50% obscured, as normal.
[+] Expand
The local FLGS did not get a shipment of the new Knights or the codex, so codex rules were NOT in effect.

While, unfortunately, only three people showed up to play, we did have a grand time! Deployment, and activation on each turn was randomized by drawing numbers (I used popsicle sticks to draw numbers). As such, you did not always know who would activate when. Special rules were written up to allow for firing into an unfriendly combat (basically, the 'combat' was the target, and every hit was evenly randomized between all engaged in that combat).
[+] Expand
Noble House Terryn, standing tall and proud.

Dishonoured Freeblades, seeking redemption through honourable combat.

Dishonourable Freeblade cur! For there must always be at least one black knight.

The first round saw both Cerastus Knights facing off, though first strike went to the Freeblade in red, striking out at the House Terryn Lancer piloted by Scion Reggie Terryn.
[+] Expand
Seeking to use the cover of the buildings to close with the Freeblade, Reggie found himself being approached by the other, challenged to honourable combat.
[+] Expand
More than happy to accept, Reggie engaged the Freeblade.
[+] Expand
At first, the other Freeblade chose to approach, but allow the combat to play out. However, as both combatants weakened each other, he struck, like the dishonourable cur he was, disabling the honourable Freeblade from behind before engaging Reggie.
[+] Expand
However, Glory and Honour are everything, and he was no match for the expertly piloted Lancer, who was able to disable the Knight Paladin and take the field!
[+] Expand

ROUND 2

Since we finished so quickly with only 3 combatants, we decided to have a second round, with each player allowed two Knights, each. The player playing the dishonourable Knight borrowed one from the other Freeblade player, and I added the Ocean Princess to my line-up, a Cerastus Knight-Castigator.
[+] Expand
The first honourable challenge was between the Ocean Princess and a Knight Gallant, however a brawl quickly broke out on the opposite side of the city block, with both Knights of the dishonourable Freeblades ganging up on a beleaguered Knight Acheron. Reggie, seeking to distract them and show them the ways of a true and noble Knight of House Terryn, ran with flank speed around the far building and managed to engage the Paladin, giving the Acheron a fighting chance to seek revenge on the Crusader.
[+] Expand
However it was not to be, as the Acheron fell to a couple well placed shots from the thermal cannon, allowing him to finish the Acheron off. Seeking to bring this dishonourable Freeblade to account for his actions, the Ocean Princess and her Gallant opponent chose to break off from their duel, running as rapidly as they could to aid the Lancer. Unfortunately, with the servos of the Ocean Princess's Castigator damaged by their duel, she was slowed quite considerably, and came up short. Holding the choke point for as long as he could, the Lancer allowed the Gallant to make contact and assist in the duel. Together, they were finally able to fell the Crusader, though all Knights still on the field found themselves badly damaged.

In the end, the Ocean Princess granted the Gallant a chance to win Glory and Honour by taking on the last ignoble Freeblade. She was not able to reach him in close combat, with how badly damaged her Knight was, and chose not to fire upon him with her twin rotary cannon. However, the Freeblade, in a move true to the great stories of old, bested the Gallant, pulling back with a feint to drop him with a few well placed shots of his ranged weapons. With a noble sacrifice, the Gallant detonated his reactor, one final stab to the Black Knight, crippling him for the final duel, like the great angel, Sanguinius of old Legend!

WHAT GLORY THERE IS TO BE HAD! Sadly, I forgot to take pictures during the Gallant's noble charge and their last stands.
[+] Expand
With the Ocean Princess and Dishonourable Cur both down to 5 wounds, they moved to engage each other. Not allowing the Freeblade a moment's respite, she engaged the servos of her twin rotary cannon, spraying a hail of fire without pause. Through both a volley of fire, and overwatch fire, she was able to bring the Freeblade down to 1 wound. After a failed charge by the enemy, she returned the favour by charging him in return. With both targets so crippled, she was cleverly able to feign an injured knee on her charge, dropping her below the Freeblade's guard. A single, well-placed strike of her tempest blade, under the chin, severed the Knight's head, rendering him incapacitated. Backing off and giving a salute, the Ocean Princess signaled the end of the joust, taking the field as the last functional Knight.
[+] Expand
GLORY AND HONOUR FOR HOUSE TERRYN! With a noble salute to the Freeblades. Great honour was bestowed upon the Nobles of both camps, with the Black Knight playing his part so well.
Armies:
40k: Knights Cynosure Iron Hands successor chapter, House Terryn Questor Imperialis, Thousand Sons/Tzeentch Daemons
30k: Thousand Sons
Age of Sigmar: Sylvaneth, Disciples of Tzeentch

Salamand3rs4Lyfe
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Salamand3rs4Lyfe » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:42 am

That sounds epic koonitz, really making me want to go out and buy 2 boxes of the renegade knight set, which i really can't afford :lol:
Armies i collect:
11,115pts csm The Privileged
7,268pts Salamanders
1,200pts gsc Sons of Jormangandr